• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Wilshere Leaves West Ham By Mutual Consent

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Probably the most underwhelming academy product to come out of a top club since Neil Mellor? 😂

lol fuck off he ain't that bad xD 

It's a shame, but best for both parties ultimately. So gutted he would of been top tier if not for injuries, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Hope he ends up at Palace, Woy got him playing his best football in recent years and I think he would flourish there. Wish him all the best.

Good luck to him where ever he ends up. Extremely talented technical footballer but his injuries have really got in the way of his development and stopped him from having a consistent run in the team. Still think he would've been a good option in the squad like he was last season but if he wants a bigger role then he obviously needs to be somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It's a shame, but best for both parties ultimately. So gutted he would of been top tier if not for injuries, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Hope he ends up at Palace, Woy got him playing his best football in recent years and I think he would flourish there. Wish him all the best.

I question that, even with his injuries he should have kicked on in the pitch more than he has when he has been fit. Between that and doing things like smoking and going out on the piss when you're already crocked suggests his technical ability probably outweighed his focus to achieve it.

Arsenal should of put this cunt on SAS: Who dares wins, And Middleton would have sorted this cunt out. 

Not good enough for what Arsenal want to be and he is made of glass. I just really hope that he doesn't end up here with his mate Ox....though if it's to be believed, we pulled out of the Fekir deal due to injury concerns so we are hardly gonna sign Mr. Crocked himself.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Probably the most underwhelming academy product to come out of a top club since Neil Mellor? 😂

Utterly ridiculous shout. Emmanuel Frimpong trumps everyone. Absolutely a League Two player that man.

Wilshere will be a good signing for someone. He has proven over the past two seasons that he can play a decent number of games (his injury at Bournemouth come on the last day of the season IIRC) so his fitness isn’t a massive issue tbh. 

I think most Premier League clubs could do a lot worse than looking at him this summer tbh. 

He made something like 27 appearances in the league for Bournemouth? Then 20 for Arsenal last season? Probably suggests he won't be that great.

I think he should move abroad to andecent club rather than stagnate somewhere like Fulham or Leicester, get a proper change of environment.

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Utterly ridiculous shout. Emmanuel Frimpong trumps everyone. Absolutely a League Two player that man.

Wilshere will be a good signing for someone. He has proven over the past two seasons that he can play a decent number of games (his injury at Bournemouth come on the last day of the season IIRC) so his fitness isn’t a massive issue tbh. 

I think most Premier League clubs could do a lot worse than looking at him this summer tbh. 

DENCH! 

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

He made something like 27 appearances in the league for Bournemouth? Then 20 for Arsenal last season? Probably suggests he won't be that great.

I think he should move abroad to andecent club rather than stagnate somewhere like Fulham or Leicester, get a proper change of environment.

65 games in all comps (as he was played mainly in the Europa last season at Arsenal, rather than being out through injury) over the past two seasons, average of 32.5 games a season. That’s pretty standard I reckon across the league. And you’d suspect that he’d be managed slightly differently in regards to training and being rested due to his injury record.

His fitness hasn’t been a huge issue over the past two seasons. 

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wilshire is criminally underrated for me, I'd take him at Everton especially for free :dam:!

I was going to say this actually. 

On a relatively small deal in terms of financial remuneration and contract length (with optional extension from the club) and it’s a good deal IMO. 

• Administrator

if we weren't getting Maddison I think I'd have taken him.

I used to say that he's a good player if he stays fit and for me he's proved that in the last couple of seasons with many more games played than usual.

I think he would be a good fit in a squad for a club outside the top tier. Palace, Everton, Huddersfield etc. 

It seemed like Howe didn’t fancy him and he hardly set the world alight at Bournemouth.

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

65 games in all comps (as he was played mainly in the Europa last season at Arsenal, rather than being out through injury) over the past two seasons, average of 32.5 games a season. That’s pretty standard I reckon across the league. And you’d suspect that he’d be managed slightly differently in regards to training and being rested due to his injury record.

His fitness hasn’t been a huge issue over the past two seasons. 

How many did he actually start though?

• Subscriber

The fact that Wilshere has stayed fit for so long without actually pulling up any trees is actually more damning than the old situation of there being a myth that he was a great player when fit and only suffered from injuries. Maybe it was true and the injuries have knocked him back. There's no doubt that he's a very talented player with loads of attributes of a great footballer but so did Jack Rodwell when he was 20.

Used to think he was going to be a star but combination of injuries and attitude have dampened that. Still think there's been something a bit toxic about Arsenal for a few years and players have been stunted, whereas maybe elsewhere they could flourish. I think Everton should take a punt on him.

• Subscriber

Wilshere is absolutely the last thing we need. We already have a squad that's far too big with several players being paid well over the odds and as he's available on a free Wilshere's agent will be demanding similarly retarded wages which I like to think isn't how we're going to operate this summer with Brands already speaking about reducing the size of the squad and the wage bill and focusing on developing youth players as some of his main priorities.

It's nothing more than easy/lazy linking a player who wasn't quite good enough for Arsenal should slot in at the next step down which is a club like Everton. For some reason people automatically think we're being "delusional" for saying we don't want players that Leicester or West Ham have been linked with or signed because that's the narrative some people on here have adopted recently when it comes to Everton fans, but why do we want to spend £22m on James Maddison or pay Jack Wilshere 90k a week when we already have too many midfielders on the wage bill, and when we have Tom Davies, Kieran Dowell and Beni Baningime all ready for opportunities to impress for the first team?

Wilshere is unreliable and even if he's been fit for a couple of seasons that doesn't mean he suddenly isn't injury prone and beyond that he's not the type of player who would be guaranteed a place in our first team. Maybe there's a chance he could end up becoming the player he looked like he could become but realistically the chances of that are about 10% and Everton aren't in a position to be adding any more maybe men to an already over-inflated squad list and wage bill.

• The title was changed to Jack Wilshere Leaves West Ham By Mutual Consent

Archived