talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who will be England's first choice goalkeeper at Russia 2018?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/03/2018 at 22:38, The Palace Fan said:

I think the criticism against David Seaman has always been harsh. He was always a safe pair of hands before Ronaldinho.

I remember him dropping a few clangers for Arsenal after that. Ronaldinho fucked him and his tash fell off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Batard said:

Your girlfriend is a better option than Joe Hart in goal. We can spare you Mandanda if you like 

not the first time she would have caught something given who she's in a relationship with...

• 4 weeks later...

David Seaman has backed Joe Hart to be England's goalkeeper for this summer's World Cup.

England boss Gareth Southgate has to name the provisional England squad he will be taking to Russia by May 14.

Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford and Nick Pope are in contention to gain the No 1 jersey but Hart, has been criticised for some of his performances in the Premier League while on loan at West Ham from Manchester City.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

How can it possibly be Hart?

He's got nowhere near enough credit in the bank to be trusted on a run like this.

For me he's lucky to make the squad. He will, but no way should he be starting.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

How can it possibly be Hart?

He's got nowhere near enough credit in the bank to be trusted on a run like this.

For me he's lucky to make the squad. He will, but no way should he be starting.

I think Southgate has the balls to drop him to be honest. He took the thunder away from this being Rooneys last tournament, and he wasn't scared to give youth an opportunity against Germany and Brazil. Given the seasons Jordan Pickford and Nick Pope have had, combined with the performances of Jack Butland, I'd argue there's a case not to take Joe Hart at all.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Southgate has the balls to drop him to be honest. He took the thunder away from this being Rooneys last tournament, and he wasn't scared to give youth an opportunity against Germany and Brazil. Given the seasons Jordan Pickford and Nick Pope have had, combined with the performances of Jack Butland, I'd argue there's a case not to take Joe Hart at all.

I actually do think Southgate won't start him but it's the calls from people like Seaman adding a bit of unnecessary pressure for me. I can't fathom how anyone thinks Hart should start. He had a shocking Euros and hasn't really recovered from it. I do feel for Hart as I do think he genuinely cares but I think he's mentally quite fragile. He looks a bag of nerves on the big stage for England.

He can't possibly complain about not starting.

Pope won't go. They took him in the last squad and he didn't even get a minute. That's him ruled out for me, which is a shame.

I think it should be Pope, I agree with @Dan that it's a shame he didn't play with the last squad & it would be sad if he doesn't even get into the squad.

He certainly has earned it more than Hart has. Hart's declined massively, he doesn't just look like a bag of nerves for England... he always looks like a bag of nerves now. He's got no business being at the World Cup for England this year... and I hope Southgate agrees.

Joe Hart has been told he will not be part of England's 23-man squad heading to the World Cup in Russia.

I must confess, up until about two months I was an advocate in believing we should stay by him for one more tournament. This was largely due to the memory of 2010 where we didn't know who should be number one and Rob Green made that career traumatizing howler against USA.

However with the form of Pickford under Allardyce, Pope's consistent performances and the general quality of Butland. Combined with Joe Harts constant inefficiency to deal with shots low to his right side, and the confidence guiding first two opening games before the Belgium, now seems a good time to give Pickford the flame and let him run with it.

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Joe Hart has been told he will not be part of England's 23-man squad heading to the World Cup in Russia.

I must confess, up until about two months I was an advocate in believing we should stay by him for one more tournament. This was largely due to the memory of 2010 where we didn't know who should be number one and Rob Green made that career traumatizing howler against USA.

However with the form of Pickford under Allardyce, Pope's consistent performances and the general quality of Butland. Combined with Joe Harts constant inefficiency to deal with shots low to his right side, and the confidence guiding first two opening games before the Belgium, now seems a good time to give Pickford the flame and let him run with it.

There's nothing I can say,

A total eclipse of Joe Hart.

Archived