Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

La Liga - Week 30 Fixtures - 31st March-2nd April, 2018

31st April to 2nd March?

Not even Messi could do that mate. 

42 minutes ago, Stan said:

31st April to 2nd March?

Not even Messi could do that mate. 

:$

Flippin 'eck! xD

Sorted! Got all tangled there it seems. Haha

would be nice if Sevilla shipped 5 again in this match...

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

would be nice if Sevilla shipped 5 again in this match...

The Copa del Rey Final is just over a couple of weeks after that on the 21st of April.  It will be a very interesting dress rehearsal although the situation is very different with this being a La Liga game with Barcelona cruising to the title and may rotate and obviously the intensity won't be the same as in a one off game. It would've been very interesting had they both also been drawn in the Champions League quarter-finals.

a brace for Bale and another from Benzema. Currenty 3-0 to Real. 

Sevilla take the lead!

Correa and Escudero link up on the left flank. It's passed with ease to an unmarked Vazquez to scuff a finish past Ter Stegen. 

Sevilla have scored again early in the 2nd half. 2-0. They deserve it. Barcelona have barely created anything. 

Suarez should have scored at least once just then ffs

Rakitic now denied a goal against his old club through the help of Rico and the post.

Sevilla on the other hand have been incredibly wasteful on the counter. Genuinely could have been about 5-0 or 6-0 to the home side. 

SUAREZ!!!

Acrobatic finish to get a goal back for Barca! Can they complete the comeback?! 

Busquets absence felt so clearly and its not the same game after Leo came in... 

Should feel bad for Sevilla though, all their hard work for 88 minutes went in drain. Muriel once again fucked up some good chances just like the match against Man Utd

Bottling a 2-0 lead on 87 minutes at home is the sort of bollocks I expect from Everton. Barcelona or North Ferriby United that's embarrassing.

Sevilla's own fault that.

Barca a shadow of themselves and how good they can be ( @Asura correctly stating that Busquets' absence had an effect). But to dominate a game, spurn several chances like they did especially in the second half and end up not winning - they have only themselves to blame. The fact they didn't kill the game off only gave Barca hope. 

The thing with Messi is that he doesn't just score important goals, he scores them from nothing.

Pique was horrendous tonight and it's lucky Sevilla don't still have a more clinical finisher like they had in Negredo at his best or Bacca, or they would have won tonight. They should have been more than 2 up.

7 minutes ago, Asura said:

Busquets absence felt so clearly and its not the same game after Leo came in... 

Should feel bad for Sevilla though, all their hard work for 88 minutes went in drain. Muriel once again fucked up some good chances just like the match against Man Utd

The sooner he's back the better, especially with the Champions league games coming up, a Clasico to play(it won't be decisive in the title race but if the team are still undefeated, you'd want to see that maintained) and then obviously the final vs Sevilla in the Copa Del Rey.

football forum
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The thing with Messi is that he doesn't just score important goals, he scores them from nothing.

Pique was horrendous tonight and it's lucky Sevilla don't still have a more clinical finisher like they had in Negredo at his best or Bacca, or they would have won tonight. They should have been more than 2 up.

How has Pique been this season? I mentioned the other day he's very seasonally inconsistent. He has 1 fantastic season and then a horrendous one and so on.

i wouldn't call Pique's season horrendous xD 

He and Umtiti have been solid this season. Speaks volumes that they have the best defence this season and in most games they are rocks. 

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

How has Pique been this season? I mentioned the other day he's very seasonally inconsistent. He has 1 fantastic season and then a horrendous one and so on.

He's been solid in general(it helps being partnered with Umtiti though, who has been the best defender overall) but still has the odd shocker like that in him.

You could certainly notice Busquets not being in the side as well. Obviously Messi not starting was noticeable itself and we saw a team playing with far more intensity when he came on. I didn't expect the comeback though, given how late it was left.

Great point under the circumstances. It would have been a shame to see that undefeated run end. It's so close now. But I could see those Madrid cunts ending it in the Clasico for some reason. They have nothing to play for in the league but won't want Barcelona to do something they themselves have never done before by winning la liga undefeated.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

i wouldn't call Pique's season horrendous xD 

He and Umtiti have been solid this season. Speaks volumes that they have the best defence this season and in most games they are rocks. 

I said he was horrendous tonight, not all season mate. It's been one of his better campaigns other than the game tonight and a few other games. Overall he's been important.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

I said he was horrendous tonight, not all season mate. It's been one of his better campaigns other than the game tonight and a few other games. Overall he's been important.

I know mate. @Blue said he has a horrendous one. 

football forum
Just now, Stan said:

I know mate. @Blue said he has a horrendous one. 

I wasn't calling it that, I was saying he often has a good season and then a bad one. I wasn't specifying which one he was having, but I will say 2015 was the best version of Pique I've seen. Worst was probably 2013 or 2014.

Just now, Blue said:

I wasn't calling it that, I was saying he often has a good season and then a bad one. I wasn't specifying which one he was having, but I will say 2015 was the best version of Pique I've seen. Worst was probably 2013 or 2014.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

you literally did. 

football forum
1 minute ago, Stan said:

you literally did. 

I don't see where I said he was having a horrendous season, I was saying he has had horrendous seasons. Not this one in particular.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I'd say this season was one of his better ones overall and when partnered with someone like Umtiti Puyol, he's a beast. He formed a solid partnership with Masch as well in 2015 as you say but that one wasn't always the most solid of defensive partnerships you'll get.

It's also got to be said that I believe he needs more rest. He plays too much. Yerry Mina should get more pitch time and give Pique a rest more often.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Piqué does need a rest and he's been playing injured for about two months.  The problem is that you can't put a player like Yerri Mina in at this stage of the season with such important games and also adding the confidence effect a disaster could have in the team.  Remember Mina has come from another continent to a whole different ball game.

Gerard Piqué has had a brilliant campaign this year.  The thing with Piqué is he has to be led, he's not a leader as strange as that may sound considering how vocal he is on all external fronts. He is a technical centre-back with excellent ball skills and with a natural talent for coming out with the ball into midfield and not finding it alien to him.  It's hard to find central defenders like that.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Piqué does need a rest and he's been playing injured for about two months.  The problem is that you can't put a player like Yerri Mina in at this stage of the season with such important games and also adding the confidence effect a disaster could have in the team.  Remember Mina has come from another continent to a whole different ball game.

Gerard Piqué has had a brilliant campaign this year.  The thing with Piqué is he has to be led, he's not a leader as strange as that may sound considering how vocal he is on all external fronts. He is a technical centre-back with excellent ball skills and with a natural talent for coming out with the ball into midfield and not finding it alien to him.  It's hard to find central defenders like that.

Vermaelen :ph34r:

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don't mean yesterday mate but in some of the remaining games in La Liga there is no reason why Yerry Mina can't get minutes with Pique resting, it's what Yerry needs to gain the needed experience and what Pique needs as to not burn out for the more important encounters. There is still the Champions league and the Copa Del Rey to think about as well after all.

2. Atletico de Madrid 64pts

3. Real Madrid 63pts

4. Valencia 62pts.

Interesting. All 3 teams are within touching distance of one another(although Atleti do have a game in hand, which they play this evening) and it'll be an interesting end to the campaign in terms of where these 3 will finish.

Fair play to Valencia, they keep getting results and haven't fallen behind these 2 all season. I wonder if they can progress and build on this next term?