The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 30 Fixtures - 31st March-2nd April, 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

would be nice if Sevilla shipped 5 again in this match...

The Copa del Rey Final is just over a couple of weeks after that on the 21st of April.  It will be a very interesting dress rehearsal although the situation is very different with this being a La Liga game with Barcelona cruising to the title and may rotate and obviously the intensity won't be the same as in a one off game. It would've been very interesting had they both also been drawn in the Champions League quarter-finals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Sevilla take the lead!

Correa and Escudero link up on the left flank. It's passed with ease to an unmarked Vazquez to scuff a finish past Ter Stegen. 

• Administrator

Rakitic now denied a goal against his old club through the help of Rico and the post.

Sevilla on the other hand have been incredibly wasteful on the counter. Genuinely could have been about 5-0 or 6-0 to the home side. 

Busquets absence felt so clearly and its not the same game after Leo came in... 

Should feel bad for Sevilla though, all their hard work for 88 minutes went in drain. Muriel once again fucked up some good chances just like the match against Man Utd

• Administrator

Sevilla's own fault that.

Barca a shadow of themselves and how good they can be ( @Asura correctly stating that Busquets' absence had an effect). But to dominate a game, spurn several chances like they did especially in the second half and end up not winning - they have only themselves to blame. The fact they didn't kill the game off only gave Barca hope. 

The thing with Messi is that he doesn't just score important goals, he scores them from nothing.

Pique was horrendous tonight and it's lucky Sevilla don't still have a more clinical finisher like they had in Negredo at his best or Bacca, or they would have won tonight. They should have been more than 2 up.

7 minutes ago, Asura said:

Busquets absence felt so clearly and its not the same game after Leo came in... 

Should feel bad for Sevilla though, all their hard work for 88 minutes went in drain. Muriel once again fucked up some good chances just like the match against Man Utd

The sooner he's back the better, especially with the Champions league games coming up, a Clasico to play(it won't be decisive in the title race but if the team are still undefeated, you'd want to see that maintained) and then obviously the final vs Sevilla in the Copa Del Rey.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The thing with Messi is that he doesn't just score important goals, he scores them from nothing.

Pique was horrendous tonight and it's lucky Sevilla don't still have a more clinical finisher like they had in Negredo at his best or Bacca, or they would have won tonight. They should have been more than 2 up.

How has Pique been this season? I mentioned the other day he's very seasonally inconsistent. He has 1 fantastic season and then a horrendous one and so on.

• Administrator

i wouldn't call Pique's season horrendous xD 

He and Umtiti have been solid this season. Speaks volumes that they have the best defence this season and in most games they are rocks. 

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

How has Pique been this season? I mentioned the other day he's very seasonally inconsistent. He has 1 fantastic season and then a horrendous one and so on.

He's been solid in general(it helps being partnered with Umtiti though, who has been the best defender overall) but still has the odd shocker like that in him.

You could certainly notice Busquets not being in the side as well. Obviously Messi not starting was noticeable itself and we saw a team playing with far more intensity when he came on. I didn't expect the comeback though, given how late it was left.

Great point under the circumstances. It would have been a shame to see that undefeated run end. It's so close now. But I could see those Madrid cunts ending it in the Clasico for some reason. They have nothing to play for in the league but won't want Barcelona to do something they themselves have never done before by winning la liga undefeated.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

i wouldn't call Pique's season horrendous xD 

He and Umtiti have been solid this season. Speaks volumes that they have the best defence this season and in most games they are rocks. 

I said he was horrendous tonight, not all season mate. It's been one of his better campaigns other than the game tonight and a few other games. Overall he's been important.

• Administrator
Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

I said he was horrendous tonight, not all season mate. It's been one of his better campaigns other than the game tonight and a few other games. Overall he's been important.

I know mate. @Blue said he has a horrendous one. 

Just now, Stan said:

I know mate. @Blue said he has a horrendous one. 

I wasn't calling it that, I was saying he often has a good season and then a bad one. I wasn't specifying which one he was having, but I will say 2015 was the best version of Pique I've seen. Worst was probably 2013 or 2014.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I wasn't calling it that, I was saying he often has a good season and then a bad one. I wasn't specifying which one he was having, but I will say 2015 was the best version of Pique I've seen. Worst was probably 2013 or 2014.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

you literally did. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

you literally did. 

I don't see where I said he was having a horrendous season, I was saying he has had horrendous seasons. Not this one in particular.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived