talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 30 Fixtures - 31st March-2nd April, 2018

football forum

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I wasn't calling it that, I was saying he often has a good season and then a bad one. I wasn't specifying which one he was having, but I will say 2015 was the best version of Pique I've seen. Worst was probably 2013 or 2014.

I'd say this season was one of his better ones overall and when partnered with someone like Umtiti Puyol, he's a beast. He formed a solid partnership with Masch as well in 2015 as you say but that one wasn't always the most solid of defensive partnerships you'll get.

It's also got to be said that I believe he needs more rest. He plays too much. Yerry Mina should get more pitch time and give Pique a rest more often.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piqué does need a rest and he's been playing injured for about two months.  The problem is that you can't put a player like Yerri Mina in at this stage of the season with such important games and also adding the confidence effect a disaster could have in the team.  Remember Mina has come from another continent to a whole different ball game.

Gerard Piqué has had a brilliant campaign this year.  The thing with Piqué is he has to be led, he's not a leader as strange as that may sound considering how vocal he is on all external fronts. He is a technical centre-back with excellent ball skills and with a natural talent for coming out with the ball into midfield and not finding it alien to him.  It's hard to find central defenders like that.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Piqué does need a rest and he's been playing injured for about two months.  The problem is that you can't put a player like Yerri Mina in at this stage of the season with such important games and also adding the confidence effect a disaster could have in the team.  Remember Mina has come from another continent to a whole different ball game.

Gerard Piqué has had a brilliant campaign this year.  The thing with Piqué is he has to be led, he's not a leader as strange as that may sound considering how vocal he is on all external fronts. He is a technical centre-back with excellent ball skills and with a natural talent for coming out with the ball into midfield and not finding it alien to him.  It's hard to find central defenders like that.

Vermaelen :ph34r:

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don't mean yesterday mate but in some of the remaining games in La Liga there is no reason why Yerry Mina can't get minutes with Pique resting, it's what Yerry needs to gain the needed experience and what Pique needs as to not burn out for the more important encounters. There is still the Champions league and the Copa Del Rey to think about as well after all.

2. Atletico de Madrid 64pts

3. Real Madrid 63pts

4. Valencia 62pts.

Interesting. All 3 teams are within touching distance of one another(although Atleti do have a game in hand, which they play this evening) and it'll be an interesting end to the campaign in terms of where these 3 will finish.

Fair play to Valencia, they keep getting results and haven't fallen behind these 2 all season. I wonder if they can progress and build on this next term?

• Administrator

Bad result for Villarreal losing away at Malaga. Having said that, the home side have probably left it far too late to mount an escape from relegation, even with 3 points today. 

great day in La Liga today all round though for goals :ph34r:xD 

ll.PNG

Weak penalty call. Gameiro scores 1-0.

Depor was playing decently, linking up very well with the forwards, and with an hyper-active Lucas Pérez. Is the reason for their bad form their lack of finishing ability?

11 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

Weak penalty call. Gameiro scores 1-0.

Depor was playing decently, linking up very well with the forwards, and with an hyper-active Lucas Pérez. Is the reason for their bad form their lack of finishing ability?

Depor have been rather unlucky in various games this season to be honest. But some of those misses last night by Lucas Pérez were quite wild.  Very dodgy performance by Atleti considering how they've been playing in recent times.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Very dodgy performance by Atleti considering how they've been playing in recent times.

Hopefully Depor can improve somewhat. I am fond both of the team and Seedorf.

Indeed, in general very poor performance by Atlético. Saúl was distinctively crap and Correa had a brutal second half. Aside from the back 4 and Oblak (Lucas Hernández had a miraculous ditch in the 2nd half) only Thomas (I suspect he cannot have a bad-bad game, at worst he is just 'meh') was ok.

7 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Hopefully Depor can improve somewhat. I am fond both of the team and Seedorf.

Indeed, in general very poor performance by Atlético. Saúl was distinctively crap and Correa had a brutal second half. Aside from the back 4 and Oblak (Lucas Hernández had a miraculous ditch in the 2nd half) only Thomas (I suspect he cannot have a bad-bad game, at worst he is just 'meh') was ok.

Yeah, Thomas is a great bet for the future.  Hopefully he has patience until he really does become a regular in the side.  I suppose every side has games like Atleti did yesterday... Not every game can be brilliant and Barça were also terrible on Saturday. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived