talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday March 27th - Peru 3-1 Iceland

football forum

Will do a preview later as I'm on mobile, but this should be a bigger test than Croatia. Iceland are more of a unit then the Croats and have around the same quality of players as us so this should be a good one.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Why not Peru?

It's a tour. The Croatia game was also in Miami. Our next home game is at home vs Scotland. Also our last before the World Cup.

Also, given how bad the discrimination is here, I doubt Iceland would want to come to Lima.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Was curious as I presumed most Icelandic’s play in Europe and most Peruvians probably do too, so I didn’t know if it was a neutral venue in Europe. 

I don't know about Iceland but the USA is a superb market for Peru. Most emigrations here are to America.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind losing this one, and a part of me hopes we do. That doesn't mean I'm going to cheer for Iceland but I do think it would be for our own good. I don't want us to get overly arrogant and think we are unbeatable. Right now, the way we are playing I struggle to name a team who could beat us by 3 goals, but I'd rather get the losses out of the way now and then play well in the World Cup when it really matters.

I don't want a 1982 deja vu.

• The topic was pinned

I want to see this lineup

Duarte

Advincula - Santamaria - Ramos - Trauco

Aquino - Yotun

Hurtado - Farfan - Flores

Da Silva

I want to give Da Silva a shot here. He needs to prove that he needs playing time at Argentinos and I think starting him should be a good way to promote that. Keep Farfan as a 10. He's slower as Cueva but I'm starting to dislike his role as a 9, like everyone else. Hurtado needs a shot to see how he does as a starter.

Now as for the midfield, I do think Tapia should get playing time but I want to test Aquino as a starter and then have Tapia on in the second half as both players are class. Yotun needs to gain his confidence back as he's not been the same.

Backline should be the same. I'd like to see Duarte as keeper as we should slowly gel him into the side. Caceda was great the other day but this isn't a must win, so it would be good if we bench him and gel the new guy on.

Pressure is on Peru, as they're favourite for Group C and arguably the World Cup - we just drew 0-0 against Colombia with mostly our B side. Colombia beat France, so we are technically better than France. As far as I can work out Peru need to win this 5-1 to have any chance of winning the World Cup.

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL JEFFERSON FARFAN!

3-1. Edison Flores with the dummy there, I think the deflection will take away its challenge for being better than the 2nd vs Croatia though.

Iceland are a great team for what they have. They are spirited and know what they want to play. They have good pressing and are unbeatable in the air. They'll do well at the World Cup. Much better than the overrated Croatia.

Happy for the win. I have my nitpicks but overall it was another very solid performance. 3-1 and now its 12 games unbeaten. I just hope that doesn't end come the World Cup. Also, Trauco is a hell of a player. Aside from the Brazilians, I struggle to name a better left back in South America. There isn't.

2 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Ruigol must be feeling very dangerous and aroused, with Peru getting 2 wins in a row. 

Haha, I'm very much enjoying the football we are playing in a moment but I'm not going to get carried away as its only 2 friendlies. Hopefully we can maintain this level that we currently have for the World Cup, when it really matters.

13 minutes ago, Ruigol said:

Haha, I'm very much enjoying the football we are playing in a moment but I'm not going to get carried away as its only 2 friendlies. Hopefully we can maintain this level that we currently have for the World Cup, when it really matters.

Anything is possible, there is a chance of coming 2nd in the group in the world Cup or even a shock first if you can win against France.   Tapia with his european experience against Denmark will be key, as he will know a lot of the players.

• The title was changed to Tuesday March 27th - Peru 3-1 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived