talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

If You Could Live Anywhere in the World, Where Would it Be And Why?

football forum

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Paulo Dybala said:

What the two countries offer are essentially variations on what the USA offers. Variations on a theme. (Bold is my edit)

Hehe I know, I'm just messing about xD 

I've always thought about living elsewhere. Somewhere different. Just for a year or 2.

Malaysia was always my ideal place. I'd love to try it out sometime. As of right now I'm happy in Lima but if I had to go anywhere else it'd be Malaysia.

I also want to try Iquitos but those damn mosquitos are keeping me away xD

15 hours ago, Toinho said:

Something I have thought about before. It's tough because I would like to live on a Mediterranean island but then again I haven't lived on one before so might not like it! Ideally at the moment, it would be in Fremantle or on the Swan River in Perth. Sounds mad considering I have spent almost my entire life around Perth. 

There are places I want to try for a year though. 

47956519a19409f2308185dedd76ad7a.png

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've always thought about living elsewhere. Somewhere different. Just for a year or 2.

Malaysia was always my ideal place. I'd love to try it out sometime. As of right now I'm happy in Lima but if I had to go anywhere else it'd be Malaysia.

I also want to try Iquitos but those damn mosquitos are keeping me away xD

insect-block95-50ml.jpg

95% DEET, mosquitos don't stand a chance. Used it in the jungle, the only thing that really works for me.

On 25/03/2018 at 05:29, Paulo Dybala said:

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll pose this question here: Where is your ideal place in the world to live in? (assuming that resources and language etc. are not an issue)

I need a place with beaches, a large city (am a city person), Latin temperament/sensibility, and proximity to other places/cities/countries worth visiting. 

For me it'd be Rio de Janeiro or Barcelona, with Barcelona edging it. Definitely not Miami Beach. Been there done that and am over it.

Would love to hear your thoughts/answers. 

Are you sure about that? Brazil is a terrible place. Endemic violence, terrible infrastructure, high cost of living, a society totally divided by rival political factions. 

homicides-by-country.jpg

31 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Are you sure about that? Brazil is a terrible place. Endemic violence, terrible infrastructure, high cost of living, a society totally divided by rival political factions. 

homicides-by-country.jpg

What is the situation with the whole "world potential thing"? Because when I went I thought it was just as developed as Peru. How long have you had that status?

Admittedly, I haven't explored a huge amount of the world compared to some, but what @Lucas (small countryside village) and @nudge (small italian town) always felt the best for me. More for the peace and quiet. 

While being in the city would be good for having everything on your doorstep, the constant noise and how busy it is would do my head in, not to mention the living costs as well.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Admittedly, I haven't explored a huge amount of the world compared to some, but what @Lucas (small countryside village) and @nudge (small italian town) always felt the best for me. More for the peace and quiet. 

While being in the city would be good for having everything on your doorstep, the constant noise and how busy it is would do my head in, not to mention the living costs as well.

you mean you wouldn't want to stay in Wales :o 

3 hours ago, El_Loco said:

homicides-by-country.jpg

Certain neighborhoods, like Leblon, are relatively safe. Obviously you can't just stay cooped up in an area but there are safe areas and spaces to be had in Brasil in general and Rio in particular.

At least you don't have armed guards in movie theaters the way they have in Panama.

16 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

To live in a penthouse apartment in London or New York would be nice. Assuming I also have the money for the accompanying social life. 

Maybe when I am 40+ I might want to be somewhere calm and tight knit.

Sounds great. So I'm hearing differing opinions between houses in the countryside, apartments penthouses in the city etc. The older we get the more we prize peace and quiet. I know I do. 

The Barcelona hills offer a quiet respite from the hectic pace of the city. As is the case with residences in hills neighboring cities around the world. A nice little drive to the beach in Barceloneta or Castedefells.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Regarding cities, Madrid is excellent.

I agree.

However, to live there? I'm not too sure. I've been there twice for holiday purposes and it was amazing. Going in October when it was still about 25-30 degrees was great but it seems too business-centric and I often found everyone took themselves too seriously? When comparing capital cities, it's not like London where you could travel for 5 minutes and it'd feel like a different place altogether. The diversity of London is what makes it special, for me. I didn't get that buzz about Madrid and if I was living there I think I'd get bored of how repetitive it could be. Perhaps I didn't explore Madrid as much as I could have. But I had a mate who lived there for a year as part of her placement through uni and even she wouldn't go back and she loves everything Spain.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I agree.

However, to live there? I'm not too sure. I've been there twice for holiday purposes and it was amazing. Going in October when it was still about 25-30 degrees was great but it seems too business-centric and I often found everyone took themselves too seriously? When comparing capital cities, it's not like London where you could travel for 5 minutes and it'd feel like a different place altogether. The diversity of London is what makes it special, for me. I didn't get that buzz about Madrid and if I was living there I think I'd get bored of how repetitive it could be. Perhaps I didn't explore Madrid as much as I could have. But I had a mate who lived there for a year as part of her placement through uni and even she wouldn't go back and she loves everything Spain.

Maybe. I probably haven't given these things enough thought because I haven't had strong enough considerations about leaving where I live now.

On the flip side I could never live in London.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I agree.

Ditto kiddo. Well said. btw when can I start giving Reactions again?? :) 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Care to share why not @Dan?

Too expensive is the long and short of it. I like going to London for the day but I don't think I could deal with it day in, day out.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Too expensive is the long and short of it. I like going to London for the day but I don't think I could deal with it day in, day out.

Wasn't there an English fella that commuted back and forth between Barcelona and London. Lived in Barcelona, worked in London. Still found it more affordable than living in London. Higher quality of life too.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Ditto kiddo. Well said. btw when can I start giving Reactions again?? :) 

it's 20 reactions allowed per day per member so there's no set time you'll get them back. Just whenever that time ticks over as I think it's done on a continuously over a 24 hour period.

Archived