talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Tuchel to PSG almost done

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned him a few years ago before he became the Borussia Dortmund manager and I still think he's a good manager but doesn't he have huge personal issues with Sven Mislintat who we just hired this season!? Because of that I don't think this news is true.

• The title was changed to Could Thomas Tuchel be the Next Arsenal Manager?
38 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I mentioned him a few years ago before he became the Borussia Dortmund manager and I still think he's a good manager but doesn't he have huge personal issues with Sven Mislintat who we just hired this season!? Because of that I don't think this news is true.

Good point. I don't know much about Arsenal's hierarchical structure. If Mislintat don't have to meet each other on a regular basis it could work. However my guess is that Pochettino or Conte will to go PSG and Tuchel will replace whoever leaves.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Nothing against Tuchel at all but in my view Arsenal need a disciplinarian coach in the mould of Simeone for example.  I don't like his football or that style but our players need a kick up the arse. 

-Usually reliable sources have stated that Tuchel's athletics coach made Emre Mor run on his hands like a dog several times around the training pitch for a lack of seriousness during the training session

-Tuchel shouted Mislintat off the pitch for smoking a fag

6 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

-Usually reliable sources have stated that Tuchel's athletics coach made Emre Mor run on his hands like a dog several times around the training pitch for a lack of seriousness during the training session

-Tuchel shouted Mislintat off the pitch for smoking a fag

Well if he has that in him and comes straight in to do some arse kicking before even presenting himself, I'm all for it!

21 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Isn’t Tuchel massively overrated and the Dortmund fans not bothered when he left? 

I read a brilliant report on the Arsenal heirachy about a month ago or so which went in depth to how it functions and naming names. There are very very few football people in there and they're generally all top ranking business types... I'm not going to go into all the ins and outs but just to say that this board hasn't had to hire or fire anyone in the football department which means whoever the choice may be will probably be off the cuff.  Only Ivan Gazidis is a football man in there.

44 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Isn’t Tuchel massively overrated and the Dortmund fans not bothered when he left? 

Quite the contrary, especially in these times. Everyone is reminscing about the Tuchel times and his attractive football. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

As far as I can tell people are realising that their troubles were mostly due to the atmosphere behind the scenes after the bus attack, and the limitations of the squad.

In terms of coaching ability anyone can see that Tuchel is a mile ahead of anyone Dortmund can find now.

There are coaches I would prefer like  allegri but I wouldn't be against tuchel. I don't think we want to change to much to soon

20 minutes ago, Inverted said:

As far as I can tell people are realising that their troubles were mostly due to the atmosphere behind the scenes after the bus attack, and the limitations of the squad.

In terms of coaching ability anyone can see that Tuchel is a mile ahead of anyone Dortmund can find now.

The atmosphere was not too great before the bus attack, but the bus attack was an unecessary test on top.

Otherwise you are mostly correct. Tuchel lacks the ability to be authoritarian without being draconian. He permanently damaged his relationship with some promising players. Mor and Moreno left as a consequence of that.

His tactics/match plans were right 99,9% of the time.

5 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

This topic implies Wenger is going to die soon :ph34r:

He'll download his brain onto a computer and manage us for ever

15 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Arsene Wenger has done an interview  in the French press, he said Arsenal fans want him to go because of his age xD and that in England there is a huge discrimination about old people wanting to work. 

O.o

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Maybe he's got Alzheimer's and thinks its the invincible season

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed that suggestions he should leave the club are due to 'age discrimination'.

Wenger, 68, has been in charge of Arsenal since 1996 but in recent years has faced increased calls from some supporters for him to step down.

Although the Frenchman would accept being criticised for disappointing results, he stressed that his age or the amount of time that he has spent at the club shouldn't count against him.

Wenger told beIN SPORTS: 'Look, when you age… you focus on doing well for your club and ignore all the rest.

'The older you get, the more it becomes age discrimination. I accept if the results are not good enough then you have to take the consequences.

'But overall that perpetual thing how long you been at a club, how old you are, I find that a bit difficult to take. But all the rest i have to accept because I am in a public job and have to make results and I accept I will be judged on results.'

11 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed that suggestions he should leave the club are due to 'age discrimination'.

Wenger, 68, has been in charge of Arsenal since 1996 but in recent years has faced increased calls from some supporters for him to step down.

Although the Frenchman would accept being criticised for disappointing results, he stressed that his age or the amount of time that he has spent at the club shouldn't count against him.

Wenger told beIN SPORTS: 'Look, when you age… you focus on doing well for your club and ignore all the rest.

'The older you get, the more it becomes age discrimination. I accept if the results are not good enough then you have to take the consequences.

'But overall that perpetual thing how long you been at a club, how old you are, I find that a bit difficult to take. But all the rest i have to accept because I am in a public job and have to make results and I accept I will be judged on results.'

It's obviously a journalist taking the mick and he never said that. I can't bring myself to believe he would say something so dumb.  Actually.... Hmmmmm...  Naaaah.... This is too dumb.  I can't believe it.

Archived