talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matches You Are Most Looking Forward To

Title says it all. I'll put in my top 5 here, without being hypothetical or including any Peru games.

5. England vs Panama

Both teams are crap in my eyes, but I am keen to see how the likes of Luis Tejada, Blas Perez and Alberto Quintero will perform against some top players like the English. Tejada and Quintero because they play club football here in Peru, Blas Perez because I've always been keen on him. Interesting forward who has done it for Panama over the ages.

4. Brazil vs Costa Rica

Brazil are class and much better than Costa Rica, but I can see this being a tight affair as los Ticos are an ambitious side and tend to push above their weight. They've got some interesting players that can make it difficult for Brazil and this is one that I'm really excited for.

3. Argentina vs Croatia

I don't rate Croatia but they do have some cracking players. Both struggle to play as a unit and I'm interested to see what will go on here. Messi vs Modric should be fun.

2. Uruguay vs Egypt

Uruguay are a better team but I can see them struggling against a fast and dynamic system like the one Egypt have. Mohamed Salah will tear those full backs apart as Uruguay's weakness are exactly those 2 positions. This one is up for grabs.

1. Portugal vs Spain

I don't think much needs to be said here. Iberian clash with top players and both are arguably world cup contenders.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Australia vs Peru, genuinely. 

I would have liked to see England vs Belgium if it isn't likely to be a dead-rubber. Both sides will beat Panama and Tunisia (if they don't, they should voluntarily leave Russia). So in effecti this will just be a game to decides who finishes top. 

Would love to see Nigeria vs Argentina with the former coming out on top (given we have 2 players in the Nigeria squad (Iheanacho and Ndidi)). Nigeria shouldn't be underestimated this tournament. They seem to be gelling well and and have a fairly good team. 

• The title was changed to Matches You Are Most Looking Forward To
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I would have liked to see England vs Belgium if it isn't likely to be a dead-rubber. Both sides will beat Panama and Tunisia (if they don't, they should voluntarily leave Russia). So in effecti this will just be a game to decides who finishes top. 

Would love to see Nigeria vs Argentina with the former coming out on top (given we have 2 players in the Nigeria squad (Iheanacho and Ndidi)). Nigeria shouldn't be underestimated this tournament. They seem to be gelling well and and have a fairly good team. 

I'm not trying to bait anyone here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Panama get a result against England. Its not that I think they are a good side, or even remotely close to England, but whenever they have played in the Gold Cup, they have had a good tournament mentality. Beat Mexico a few times, robbed by them other times. My prediction maintains as a three lions win, but again if Panama do get a result, it wouldn't surprise me especially given how good England are at bottling matches.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Or just shut down the country.

Group E

Wales v ...oh no that's right, they didn't make it this time did they.

They can always watch us at home or on a big screen down the boozer though. They should film it too like last time and post it on social media, i bet it would be hilarious. Chin up lads.

Archived