The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Kits

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/11/2018 at 22:19, Lucas said:

We launched our Third Kit yesterday. Back in Yellow...finally. Better late than never. 

Just promote us now. At least we'd look good.

leeds-united-18-19-third-kit-2.jpg

img_5be2e6eab07ce.jpg

Love that!

Nike Inc have issued an anniversary shirt celebrating 20 years with Nike.

It’s a mashup of all the designs they’ve created for FCB. This’ll be worth a bomb in the future. Itsa limited edition and one the team will be using for select games this season. 

img_aperez_20181116-104003_imagenes_md_o

Proper rank that Barca shirt. 

I think it really highlights how teams and manufacturers in the modern era so keen, almost, to stick two fingers up to tradition and history. 

I think I’ve made this point before but some shirts should be sacred and the design should almost never change. The fact Barca have had a hooped shirt and a few others in recent years that simply aren’t Barcelona shirts shoes this. 

Barcelona’s home shirt is one that is sacred. It should almost always been a red and blue striped shirt. 

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Lovely that ❤️

It's been making the news everywhere and it's actually being touted as the most beautiful kit ever produced, greatest piece of work Nike have ever done with a football kit (these the words of the opinions from I newspapers here and abroad not my words).

When I first received the news I stepped back and went "whoooooah... What's that?" 

The reaction was one of insuring in that very instant but then straight away the whole thing captured me and I understood.  Not only that, the more you look at it the more wonderful the whole idea and how it's been reproduced becomes.  I have to concur also in my opinion that it is the most artistic shirt ever produced for a football team... At least of the ones I've seen and the most successfully done which is the most important thing.

Nike have made it a very limited edition and the numbers on how many will be manufactured haven't yet been released as far as I know.  It is released on the 21st and from what I'm learning, Nike have had to put a reservation priority service into action because of the demand it's already receiving. O.o

The CEO for Nike said this afternoon that when he saw it he felt it was Nike's best ever work although he did add that at first he was quite shocked with wide eyes.  He has also added that this was a unique moment because of the 20 years collaborating with FC Barcelona which you don't get a lot of these days.

I will buy one!  I have to have that shirt as I have the centenary shirt (also by Nike) and I even have originals from the Meyba years and then the Kappa years. It's a unique moment.

I's also like to add that in my first post regarding this shirt I said that Barça would be playing some official games in it.  Well apparently they won't, or at least the plan wasn't to play any official games wearing it.  But such has been the call on social media for this to happen that both the club and Nike are studying the issue but would also have to seek permission from both the LFP and the RFEF which isn't easy in Spain.

• 3 months later...

Archived