talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

John Terry Future Undecided

John Terry's future at Aston Villa beyond the current season has yet to be discussed, Sky sources understand.

National newspapers reported on Wednesday Terry will retire from playing whether or not Villa are promoted back to the Premier League at the end of the campaign.

Last summer Terry said he turned down top-flight offers to join Sky Bet Championship side Villa because facing former club Chelsea was "too much to get over".

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I don't know why Villa getting promotion is such a thing for Terry? Surely he can just miss the two times that the sides will meet and have a weekend off? The same goes for Iniesta if he wanted to move to someone else in Europe, if you're drawn against Barcelona just put something in the contract saying that you'll get a free pass for a week.

Or he could just man up and play against Chelsea FFS. “Too much to get over” what a shower of shit that is, if it’s true. He’s a Dagenham boy and from a family of West Ham fans, he managed to play against West Ham numerous times in his career. 

16 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Or he could just man up and play against Chelsea FFS. “Too much to get over” what a shower of shit that is, if it’s true. He’s a Dagenham boy and from a family of West Ham fans, he managed to play against West Ham numerous times in his career. 

Himself and his family were Manchester United fans. He was in the West Ham set up until he was 14. Signed with us that year. 

Been reported numerous times that SAF tried to sign him as well before he joined us. 

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's spent his whole career at Chelsea, surely even you should be able to see his point of view.

Not in the slightest. He’s been at Nottingham Forest and now Aston Villa and should be able to play a game against his former employer. It’s hardly like you’re asking him to watch the video of his mum chewing off a stranger every day over breakfast with his kids. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Himself and his family were Manchester United fans. He was in the West Ham set up until he was 14. Signed with us that year. 

Been reported numerous times that SAF tried to sign him as well before he joined us. 

I know his Dad is a definite West Ham fan and have heard his brother has been known to frequent Upton Park, never knew they were United fans. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I know his Dad is a definite West Ham fan and have heard his brother has been known to frequent Upton Park, never knew they were United fans. 

He's said himself in an interview growing up he was a Man United supporter along with his family. 

10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not in the slightest. He’s been at Nottingham Forest and now Aston Villa and should be able to play a game against his former employer. It’s hardly like you’re asking him to watch the video of his mum chewing off a stranger every day over breakfast with his kids. 

Forest who he had played less than 10 games with and were in the Championship. They even offered to buy him after the loan, to which we accepted except Terry didn't want to leave Chelsea. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

"Too much to get over". For someone with a reputation as a no-nonsense tough guy, he really can be a bit of a vagina sometimes. Embarrassing

Out of principle, I'd never sign a player who'd refuse to play against a certain team. Fuck that.

this. gives out such a crap message to the rest of the team-mates as well.

If you sign for a club, whoever you support or have played for in the past, you should be committed them all the time, not just as and when you please. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

this. gives out such a crap message to the rest of the team-mates as well.

If you sign for a club, whoever you support or have played for in the past, you should be committed them all the time, not just as and when you please. 

Except Terry only agreed to a year? He is still retiring whether or not Villa get promoted. Hence him choosing to play in the Championship vs a premier league side where he would inevitably face us. 

A lot of twisted fannies in this thread xD He can do whatever the hell he pleases, I don't give a toss. Personally the second best thing to playing for the team you love, is thumping them one. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Except Terry only agreed to a year? He is still retiring whether or not Villa get promoted. Hence him choosing to play in the Championship vs a premier league side where he would inevitably face us. 

but the argument earlier was having a week off when your current team faces the team you used to play for. Load of shite, I think. 

The weird chelsea fans are out again defending another of their boys. Everyone else sees it one way except the chelsea fans see it the other way.

Loads of bollocks, Terry's a cunt. It's been proven time and time again

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Marc said:

The weird chelsea fans are out again defending another of their boys. Everyone else sees it one way except the chelsea fans see it the other way.

Loads of bollocks, Terry's a cunt. It's been proven time and time again

John Terry is not impressed with you

Image result for john terry lookalike

It’s undecided because he’s on a huge bonus for promotion. Us coming up or not dictated his options, he’ll fuck off to America for a final payday was what I’m told by a mate who’s brother is an agent for half of the villa squad. Likewise Grealish will go if we fail I’ve been told that’s 100% guaranteed 

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 01:27, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s undecided because he’s on a huge bonus for promotion. Us coming up or not dictated his options, he’ll fuck off to America for a final payday was what I’m told by a mate who’s brother is an agent for half of the villa squad. Likewise Grealish will go if we fail I’ve been told that’s 100% guaranteed 

Any truth to him wanting to extend his contract with a clause stating he won't play against us?

If so, that is absurd. Should just leave to the MLS or China or come back with a coaching role. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s going MLS I’m told a few mill is on the table and more power to him, top professional 

were the rumours false then about a contract extension with you guys?

reckon it'll have any bearing on Saturday's game?

As much as i love JT i think it would be wrong to refuse to play against Chelsea. I even understand his motives but don't think Villa should allow it. If the win promotion if he doesn't want to play against Chelsea he should either retire or go to the MLS/China.

If a player actually requested in a contract he was allowed to miss games against his old club, I'd turf him out immediately.

Forget the sentiment, that would be unacceptable in my eyes. Essentially mugging his employers off.

Archived