• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ideal Location of Residence

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rab said:

Nashville. The culture and the music would be glorious.

That's where I went for my Bachelor Party as it's about 5 hours from me. It's a fantastic city. 

Personally, I would have to say for me it would be one of the Scandinavian Countries, Netherlands, or Germany. Probably Denmark and Netherlands leading the way. 

Reason is, having lived outside the States multiple times, I love Europe and the ability to travel easier and for cheaper. Demark and the Netherlands are both places I've spent time in, and I absolutely loved Copenhagen and Rodderdam 

If I could be arsed to learn another language, Montreal would be great. I wouldn't mind moving up to Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Though ideally it would be the Sunshine Coast of Australia.

Would love to live somewhere up in the Alps in Italy. Only been once but loved it, very picturesque and quiet but also where I went had plenty going on. Not sure I could last ten years but would happily live there in the winter months.

Absolutely love Ibiza but if I lived there I wouldn't be around for 10 month let alone 10 years.

Amsterdam is another city I love, very liberal place and also very lively. 

Wouldnt live anywhere outside of the North East or Scotland in the UK though.

• Subscriber

A remote inaccessible desert island, because fuck people.

Other than that, Thailand. It's gotten worse compared to how it was in the past, but it's still my most favourite place in the world.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

A remote inaccessible desert island, because fuck people.

Other than that, Thailand. It's gotten worse compared to how it was in the past, but it's still my most favourite place in the world.

Which part of Thailand? Bangkok or up north Chiang Rai/Mai? I love Bangkok but it is too noisy for me to considering to settle down there.

52 minutes ago, noelcwt said:

Which part of Thailand? Bangkok or up north Chiang Rai/Mai? I love Bangkok but it is too noisy for me to considering to settle down there.

Something that is also a big no-no for me, when choosing places.

@topic

In India, Vengurla. It's just half an hour above Goa (which is popular with everyone), and still untouched by tourists. Lovely white sand beach, variety of fresh sea food and long stretches of quiet places.

Outside India, New Zealand. It seems like a place that I might like. Scenic, quiet and sparsely populated. Iceland is another place, but its cold climate would probably kill someone like me, who isn't used to chilly weather.

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, noelcwt said:

Oh definitely not Bangkok, I don't like living in big cities either, so wouldn't consider settling down there. The North is cool, particularly when it comes to nature, but it's a bit boring long-term, and I really enjoy living near the ocean, so something like Hua Hin would be perfect for me... Or even something like Chonburi - calm and quiet, but not too far from both Bangkok and Pattaya for when it gets boring! Rayong is good too. Although to be honest, I would live pretty much anywhere in Thailand if I could :x

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Something that is also a big no-no for me, when choosing places.

@topic

In India, Vengurla. It's just half an hour above Goa (which is popular with everyone), and still untouched by tourists. Lovely white sand beach, variety of fresh sea food and long stretches of quiet places.

Outside India, New Zealand. It seems like a place that I might like. Scenic, quiet and sparsely populated. Iceland is another place, but its cold climate would probably kill someone like me, who isn't used to chilly weather.

Iceland is extremely expensive. My sister has a friend from there and hearing about the rates and how much goods cost - I'm almost surprised as many people live there as they do.

• 4 years later...

I'd love to live somewhere where there aren't many men and so the women want to have sex  with me all the time. And where there are lots of dogs as well 

Archived