• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 31st March - Everton 1-3 Man City

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

In fairness to Everton they scored a goal and according to BT Sport they weren't even playing in the game, so I think they over-achieved somewhat.

• The title was changed to Saturday 31st March - Everton 1-3 Man City
  • The topic was unpinned

17.9% possession at home is pretty poor, even for a side out of form. Fat Sam is a joke.

Hopefully after this season seeing how Fat Sam and Pardew recycling hasn't brought done a whole lot for troubled clubs, we'll stop seeing them recycled over and over again to produce dire football.

And no, I'm not saying that Everton should have expected something from this game for being at home. That Citeh side is crazy fucking good, I'd expect them to beat pretty much anyone they come up against unless that side is Barca and then I'd say it's a 50-50 who wins; or that other side plays out of their fucking mind. But I do think Everton at home should be putting up more of a fucking fight, regardless of how good or bad they may currently be... and I say that as someone who thinks Everton are small time and shite.

Koeman may have lost the players and the fans, but Fat Sam was a shocking appointment for a club that had spent a lot and wanted to show ambition. It's just dire football with no passion or fight from the players. If you've already failed to meet your goals for the season and you want to be ambitious and make a change, you want to have someone who'll build for the future and give you something to look forward to. Instead they've got shit football and someone who couldn't tell Lookman's one of their better looking prospects, despite his inexperience, and could maybe give a little spark to an Everton side that are crying out "holy shit, can someone please give us a fucking spark... please."

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

17.9% possession at home is pretty poor, even for a side out of form. Fat Sam is a joke.

Hopefully after this season seeing how Fat Sam and Pardew recycling hasn't brought done a whole lot for troubled clubs, we'll stop seeing them recycled over and over again to produce dire football.

And no, I'm not saying that Everton should have expected something from this game for being at home. That Citeh side is crazy fucking good, I'd expect them to beat pretty much anyone they come up against unless that side is Barca and then I'd say it's a 50-50 who wins; or that other side plays out of their fucking mind. But I do think Everton at home should be putting up more of a fucking fight, regardless of how good or bad they may currently be... and I say that as someone who thinks Everton are small time and shite.

Koeman may have lost the players and the fans, but Fat Sam was a shocking appointment for a club that had spent a lot and wanted to show ambition. It's just dire football with no passion or fight from the players. If you've already failed to meet your goals for the season and you want to be ambitious and make a change, you want to have someone who'll build for the future and give you something to look forward to. Instead they've got shit football and someone who couldn't tell Lookman's one of their better looking prospects, despite his inexperience, and could maybe give a little spark to an Everton side that are crying out "holy shit, can someone please give us a fucking spark... please."

Way OTT given Unsworth was going to relegate them.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Allardyce was the best appointment for the state we were in. Under Koeman we were shipping three, four, five goals and being spanked by teams that would normally settle for a point.

Whilst I love Unsworth and would give him a job somewhere in our setup for life for the passion he has we weren't going places with him either. We struggled against Apollon Limassol for fucks sake. 

We were heading for a very real relegation fight, make no mistake about it. Allardyce for all his flaws has kept us in the division so I am thankful in that sense but the football is awful, we lack identity and if we really are going to be the "next big thing" that we've been promised then we need a progressive manager, not a dinosaur.

Probably the best way of putting it.

He served his purpose, but that purpose has been served now. For where Everton want to go, they need to see if the grass is greener elsewhere.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Way OTT given Unsworth was going to relegate them.

It's not like there were only two human beings in the world who could take the job. Unworth was in over his head. Nowhere near ready to manage at the top level at all. So he obviously wouldn't have been a good appointment. Fat Sam at Everton with a bunch of players that, imo, don't really fit with his style of play, is also a bad appointment.

And even if it was the best appointment at the time, I agree with you that his purpose has been served. Might as well let him see out the season, but also this would be a good time to be speaking with other managers and trying to bring them in ASAP.

• Subscriber

Allardyce has served his purpose. He has overseen some absolutely piss poor performances but he's made sure we are comfortably safe with a few games left. Done exactly as expected and given the state we were in it was the right appointment with the lack of a clear long term option at the time.

I never liked him, I don't like him now and I don't think any more or less of him than I did 6 months ago. He has annoyed our fans for all the reasons anyone with sense would have seen coming when he was appointed, basically just being Sam Allardyce.

The fact remains that 99% of the cause of our problems on Saturday and all season has nothing to do with Allardyce and everything to do with Walsh, Koeman, recruitment in general and the spineless nature of so many of our players.

There's slim to no chance of Allardyce being sacked in the summer isn't there?

I think he could be hard to get rid of now because he won't have you in a relegation battle, you'll be 7th next season and the owners would either be happy with that or too scared to sack him and risk a bad appointment when they know what they get with Fat Sam.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Marc said:

There's slim to no chance of Allardyce being sacked in the summer isn't there?

I think he could be hard to get rid of now because he won't have you in a relegation battle, you'll be 7th next season and the owners would either be happy with that or too scared to sack him and risk a bad appointment when they know what they get with Fat Sam.

Bill Kenwright isn't in charge any more. I'm not 100% convinced he'll get sacked but our new regime will look beyond who can finish a distant 7th with no cup runs next season and look for someone with a long term vision. Hopefully there's a new face in before the World Cup starts. This is Everton we're talking about though.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Again, only rumours but it's been confirmed that his people that we are speaking with Marcel Brands of PSV and if successful, he will have a say in who our next manager is. 

He is tipped to replace Steve Walsh as DoF.

Not that I'm a massive follower of Dutch football but I was under the impression Phillip Cocu is highly rated at PSV?

There's plenty of options available and still time for new names to come forward. For example, if CSKA can beat Arsenal, I imagine Gonrachenko's name will suddenly be considered.

Archived