talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 1st April - Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham

football forum

Our lack of quality wingbacks ruins our build-up play so much, and it is so evident today. 

Alonso, although gets into great positions in the final 3rd, lacks any real pace to take players on and deliver a cross. Whereas Moses lacks the proper decision making of a top player. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

nice save by Caballero. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Passive Matic

Turtle Fabregas

Donkey Bakayoko

Kante deserves a proper midfield partner. 

imagine having a title-winner who won it with Kante sitting on your bench...

The American commentators are acting like the game is over. Which may be true, but it's kind of annoying hearing them say 'IT'S OVER, 3-1, IT'S OVER [despite there being 25 minutes left]'

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Watching a repeat of a game, I’ve seen over and over again this season.

Where was our intensity at the start of the second half? 

Typically dies when individual players make individual mistakes. Too many times certain players let the whole team down, which was something we rarely saw last year.  

Europa league is our level to be fair. Especially with the players at our disposal. Don't really know what our board expected. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Typically dies when individual players make individual mistakes. Too many times certain players let the whole team down, which was something we rarely saw last year.  

Europa league is our level to be fair. Especially with the players at our disposal. Don't really know what our board expected. 

I remember they did a best combined eleven of Chelsea / Spurs teams before one of the games last season and the vast majority of players I had in mine were Spurs players and this was, let me repeat, LAST SEASON.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

How come Hazard isn’t playing? :ph34r:

Well that’s the top four pretty much sewn up for this season. 

No need for the emoji. He's been useless in 2018.

We seriously have a team of players who are either not good enough or don't want to be here. Only 3/4 really should deserve their starting spot next year. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No need for the emoji. He's been useless in 2018.

We seriously have a team of players who are either not good enough or don't want to be here. Only 3/4 really should deserve their starting spot next year. 

Kante, Azpilicueta, Willian, Christensen, Alonso (lol), have to be the core of going forward.

• Administrator

Vertonghen should have been off for that tackle on Hazard. Not sure how Marriner missed that. Not that Chelsea can (or will) blame the loss on that decision but it was a poor one nonetheless. 

After that good first half we allowed them to get one back. I knew we would fuck up after that, and in the second as the situation was in every game this season we crumble. One half team that is what we are this season. Our 9th defeat this season, and third in the last five. Change the system that doesn't work, however bit too late for that now. Record that stood for 28 years also broken, by such lack of effort. 

Europa League bound

• The title was changed to Sunday 1st April - Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived