talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 1st April - Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham

football forum

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Kante, Azpilicueta, Willian, Christensen, Alonso (lol), have to be the core of going forward.

Alonso won't be as influential if the new manager goes back to a flat 4. Unless he sees him as a winger. His lack of pace is suspect and defensively, he is prone to not cover spaces. Nah, I see him gone in the next couple seasons if not next. 

Rudiger, Kante, Azpilicueta, Willian, and Christensen are seriously the 5 players I wouldn't mind were the only ones that stay at the club. 

No complaints from me. Spurs lightyears the better team. Better football. Better characters. And a better ran club. All revealing in their league position compared to ours. 

With the poor transfer market we've witnessed, the board has finally got their wish. Europa league standard. Well done. Cannot wait for the number of Drinkwaters and Zappacosta's we will buy with the Hazard and Courtois funds. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Deserved result. Thought Chelsea were better first half but Spurs well on top and made it count for a lot of the second, and never really looked in huge danger at 1-3.

Top four basically done, which I'm glad about as I honestly as a neutral can't muster up a jot of interest in it. Title race I can, and the relegation battle I can, but not the top four.

No way does Conte stay beyond May. He's finished there. Expect Luis Enrique to be Chelsea manager next season.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Deserved result. Thought Chelsea were better first half but Spurs well on top and made it count for a lot of the second, and never really looked in huge danger at 1-3.

Top four basically done, which I'm glad about as I honestly as a neutral can't muster up a jot of interest in it. Title race I can, and the relegation battle I can, but not the top four.

No way does Conte stay beyond May. He's finished there. Expect Luis Enrique to be Chelsea manager next season.

It gets worse and worse.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Can see him sacked in the morning. Negative aura in the team since January (dropped from 2nd to 5th 8 points behind 4th). 

With top 4 virtually gone, and the fact we won't get a sniff at the FA Cup with the way things are, I can see Roman pulling the trigger. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Alonso won't be as influential if the new manager goes back to a flat 4. Unless he sees him as a winger. His lack of pace is suspect and defensively, he is prone to not cover spaces. Nah, I see him gone in the next couple seasons if not next. 

Rudiger, Kante, Azpilicueta, Willian, and Christensen are seriously the 5 players I wouldn't mind were the only ones that stay at the club. 

No complaints from me. Spurs lightyears the better team. Better football. Better characters. And a better ran club. All revealing in their league position compared to ours. 

With the poor transfer market we've witnessed, the board has finally got their wish. Europa league standard. Well done. Cannot wait for the number of Drinkwaters and Zappacosta's will buy with the Hazard and Courtois funds. 

Alonso is fine. He can't be a winger because he needs the space of starting from a deep position. ANYWAY he is worth a lot because he is very cavalier and is a great option against teams Chelsea is expected to dominate in possession, he should never have started today.

Drinkwater and Zappacosta might actually be good players if they played regularly.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Alonso is fine. He can't be a winger because he needs the space of starting from a deep position. ANYWAY he is worth a lot because he is very cavalier and is a great option against teams Chelsea is expected to dominate in possession, he should never have started today.

Drinkwater and Zappacosta might actually be good players if they played regularly.

It can be poor to single out players when it's a collective issue (more so the manager, mind) but can someone provide me with some evidence to suggest that Alonso is a good player? Apart from his free kicks, I can count his decent performances and moments on one hand.

And you know it's been a poor season when Azpi's performances have dropped as well.

With all this negativity surrounding Conte, the players, the board, etc. The first step that needs to be done that can enormously impact the club moving forward, is appointing an attack-minded manager. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

With all this negativity surrounding Conte, the players, the board, etc. The first step that needs to be done that can enormously impact the club moving forward, is appointing an attack-minded manager. 

Agreed bring back Villas Boas

I thought Spurs deservedly got the result they should have got earlier in the season at Wembley. Their midfield dominated that day but they didn't take their chances and were soundly punished. Different story today though when they did. 

I know this Chelsea team is not in their best moment but this is a great statement from Spurs. I don't think many people will have really backed them to do this today, mainly because they don't win enough of these games away from home.

This sends a message that will make people stand up and take note of them. Maybe it finally breaks the mockers and gives them the belief they can go on to the next level because they aren't far away all things considered.

We let Spurs come onto us at Wembley at the start of this season but the difference in that performance is that our intensity didn't drop, Kante and Bakayoko were everywhere that day and the team worked as unit in terms of pressing. It was still a bit smash and grab that day mind but 100 times a better performance.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I thought Spurs deservedly got the result they should have got earlier in the season at Wembley. Their midfield dominated that day but they didn't take their chances and were soundly punished. Different story today though when they did. 

I know this Chelsea team is not in their best moment but this is a great statement from Spurs. I don't think many people will have really backed them to do this today, mainly because they don't win enough of these games away from home.

This sends a message that will make people stand up and take note of them. Maybe it finally breaks the mockers and gives them the belief they can go on to the next level because they aren't far away all things considered.

First things first... Did you get that egg for your missus??? 

I actually had us down for the loss today.. 2-1. When everyone starts banging on about it being 28 years since Spurs beat us at home last ( a game I still remember ) you just know we were due to slip up.. Fair play to Spurs they are starting to get into that ongoing winning mentality now and its been building over the past few seasons.. Not sure with City spending such huge amounts if they will ever get to hit the top of the pile but sure they will be giving it a good go... 

We have just been bang average this season...  A top 6 side playing like a bottom 6 club sometimes and we cant defend for shit... It's almost a guarantee that we will concede at some point in a game  and when we do it's now normally 2 or 3 goals and not just the one.. I was working today which given the result I will consider good fortune.... 

You have to hand it to Pochettino what he has managed to do with Spurs.... makes you wonder what he could achieve if he was to leave them and went on to manage at a decent club.... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Have to say you're making it sound like this is the biggest result in the club's recent history but it's not even their biggest scalp of the season. Chelsea are average and drowning in negativity at the moment. It's a big result to break their duck at Stamford Bridge but it's not like it's THE result that's going to have them taken seriously.

• Subscriber

GET IN THEREEEEEE!

What a day, what a win - been going to Chelsea away for almost two decades on and off and never seen us win there. Finally we have. FINALLY

Can't be bothered to go into detail of the game you all watched it. Not great first half - wonder goal from Chris again. Then second half we turned it on, delightful Dele goal to take the lead, and proper Dele poaching for the third. From then on we just controlled it. Poch got it spot on this time - his second half switch with Lamela, Son and Eriksen turned things in our favour. 

Celebrations were exceptional today, fans top drawer all day - and glad Marcos Alonso finally got the abuse he deserves from a fanbase. 

We're in a great position in the league now - just got to keep winning. We are a fantastic side - and Champions League football for the new stadium is imperative. 

COYS

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Have to say you're making it sound like this is the biggest result in the club's recent history but it's not even their biggest scalp of the season. Chelsea are average and drowning in negativity at the moment. It's a big result to break their duck at Stamford Bridge but it's not like it's THE result that's going to have them taken seriously.

Absolutely - it's fantastic for us to finally win there, and also get some real distance between us and them in the league - but in all honestly it's a game we should be winning, and did. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

GET IN THEREEEEEE!

What a day, what a win - been going to Chelsea away for almost two decades on and off and never seen us win there. Finally we have. FINALLY

Can't be bothered to go into detail of the game you all watched it. Not great first half - wonder goal from Chris again. Then second half we turned it on, delightful Dele goal to take the lead, and proper Dele poaching for the third. From then on we just controlled it. Poch got it spot on this time - his second half switch with Lamela, Son and Eriksen turned things in our favour. 

Celebrations were exceptional today, fans top drawer all day - and glad Marcos Alonso finally got the abuse he deserves from a fanbase. 

We're in a great position in the league now - just got to keep winning. We are a fantastic side - and Champions League football for the new stadium is imperative. 

COYS

definitely got that now mate. With the win today, gap is far too big for anyone to take that away from you. Top 4 is done. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

definitely got that now mate. With the win today, gap is far too big for anyone to take that away from you. Top 4 is done. 

This is Tottenham mate - can't rule anything out. Still got City to play + Chelsea's run in is as easy as it gets bar Liverpool 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

This is Tottenham mate - can't rule anything out. Still got City to play + Chelsea's run in is as easy as it gets bar Liverpool 

but it's Chelsea as they are this season.

Similar in the thinking that you saw Spurs expectant of a win today, I don't expect Chelsea to make up 8 points with the remaining games left. 

And if anything, you're giving us a thrashing on the last day of the season to ensure top 4 if necessary xD 

• The title was changed to Sunday 1st April - Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived