talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gattuso to be Offered New Contract

AC Milan are set to reward head coach Gennaro Gattuso with a new contract ahead of their derby clash with Inter on April 4.

Gattuso has overseen an upturn in fortunes at the Serie A club since taking over from Vincenzo Montella in a caretaker capacity last November.

The club's former youth team coach has guided Milan into the Europa League places and hopes of qualifying for the Champions League thanks to a run of eight wins in 10 unbeaten games.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Gattuso ls like when Tim Sherwood took over Spurs but this is AC Milan they need a huge coach. 

They need someone that thinks out of the box due to the fact they're spending a lot of money... What they DON'T need is that primitive guy Gattuso who is completely off his skull.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They need someone that thinks out of the box due to the fact they're spending a lot of money... What they DON'T need is that primitive guy Gattuso who is completely off his skull.

Gattuso is an AC Milan legend who took a pretty shite side that was looking like an absolute joke and steadied the ship pretty significantly. And with AC Milan's reported financial issues, it's likely they're not going to be spending a lot of money and they're going to be skint. Which probably means Milan will get sold or there will be an AC Milan firesale and the side next year or in a few years will look very different.

I think expecting Milan at this stage to go on and become the AC Milan of years past just isn't going to happen. But I do think Gattuso can get them playing organised football and he'll always offer passion for Milan; I don't think he's the greatest coach in the world, nor is he a great tactician. But at this stage, he's already done decently with a side way out of form.

It also shows you that money can't buy a team, because Montella had really fucked things up at Milan.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Gattuso is an AC Milan legend who took a pretty shite side that was looking like an absolute joke and steadied the ship pretty significantly. And with AC Milan's reported financial issues, it's likely they're not going to be spending a lot of money and they're going to be skint. Which probably means Milan will get sold or there will be an AC Milan firesale and the side next year or in a few years will look very different.

I think expecting Milan at this stage to go on and become the AC Milan of years past just isn't going to happen. But I do think Gattuso can get them playing organised football and he'll always offer passion for Milan; I don't think he's the greatest coach in the world, nor is he a great tactician. But at this stage, he's already done decently with a side way out of form.

It also shows you that money can't buy a team, because Montella had really fucked things up at Milan.

Nostalgia is worthless unless it's actually worth something mate.  Who cares if Gattuso is an AC Milan legend as a player... We're talking about coaching here and the football is totally erratic and as they've always said, a team is the reflection of he who coaches them which is correct in this case.

As for Monetella... Before he was sacked (or did he resign, nobody still knows for sure) Milan were playing great football last season and it's true to say that the start to the present campaign was more than just dodgy, but Milan aren't in a position to throw coaches by the waste side because they're no longer a European force searching for the tweak to glory. They're a wasted has beens mate.

As for Milan's financial difficulties... They've just come off a summer as one of the biggest spending Italian clubs with massive investment from the Orient.  Once everything is settled in that department, they'll be spending more, not less.

18 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Gattuso is more a motivator,  its not needed with star players as he doesn't have the tactic ability with it.   

AC Milan have a big Dutch heritage from their greatest years and these things count in my view and they could do no better than Bosz in my opinion. He is tactically aware, thinks out of the box and would get them back to playing proper football.  Cocu is another very good answer in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

AC Milan have a big Dutch heritage from their greatest years and these things count in my view and they could do no better than Bosz in my opinion. He is tactically aware, thinks out of the box and would get them back to playing proper football.  Cocu is another very good answer in my opinion.

Dutch coaches tend to leave Italian football alone, hardly any of them have coached there or ones who have havent worked out,  can you name a successful Dutch coach in Italy?  I cannot.  Van Basten pulled out to be AC Milan coach a few years back,  Rijkaard also has backed out

23 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Dutch coaches tend to leave Italian football alone, hardly any of them have coached there or ones who have havent worked out,  can you name a successful Dutch coach in Italy?  I cannot.  Van Basten pulled out to be AC Milan coach a few years back,  Rijkaard also has backed out

Frank de Boer.

Archived