• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Justin Kluivert : "My Dream is Barcelona"

Recommended Posts

Justin Kluivert wants to follow in his father Patrick's footsteps and play for Barcelona, describing it as a "dream move".

The winger graduated from the Ajax academy and made his debut for the Dutch club aged 17 - just as his father did - in January 2017. He has gone on to score 10 goals in 29 appearances.

Kluivert has reportedly been the subject of interest from numerous Premier League sides, including Manchester United, and although he admits he would be keen on a move to another club, his foremost desire is to play for Barcelona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only natural, he's Dutch and he's also Kluivert's son.  I knew about this already and mentioned it some months ago after listening to his dad on Spanish radio state that his sons only talk about Barça this and Barça that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Very sad that a club that actually created total football and dominated Europe with it is now regarded as some kind of backwater club and the kids are talking about leaving at the age of 18? Especially to the club which has copied them.

He doesn't talk about leaving, his father keeps on getting asked so he just gives an answer, I believe Patrick was on ITV last week and the same questions were asked if Justin would come to Man Utd,  he replied that, if his son did leave he prefer him to go to Barcelona.     Hopefully Justin will stay, he is different to other former players at Ajax, as they have chased money with mafia style agent Mino Raiola.  Justin already has come through a privileged up bringing, so I do believe he will become a success, he doesn't have to leave yet and when he does leave hopefully he will be developed, he has only turned 18 and still has lots to learn at Ajax.  He will also be taking his Dads advise which again not many footballers today have had a dad with a career like Patrick Kluivert with trouble and success. 

 

Ajax do not need to sell anyone, they have so much money in the Bank, Fans are actually protesting at Ajax due to them not spending but Ajax feel they have so much quality coming through the youth system at late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It's only natural, he's Dutch and he's also Kluivert's son.  I knew about this already and mentioned it some months ago after listening to his dad on Spanish radio state that his sons only talk about Barça this and Barça that.

His other son Shane already is in the Barcelona youth team, helps also that there is another Dutch player there to help him with Xavi Simons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

 

Ajax do not need to sell anyone, they have so much money in the Bank, Fans are actually protesting at Ajax due to them not spending but Ajax feel they have so much quality coming through the youth system at late.

agree.     for a change, stop selling and start developing their young talents and make Ajax into a dominant force in Europe.    Ajax and PSV is like the grocery store of football, the giants of europe always do their shopping in those two clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

agree.     for a change, stop selling and start developing their young talents and make Ajax into a dominant force in Europe.    Ajax and PSV is like the grocery store of football, the giants of europe always do their shopping in those two clubs.

Feyenoord also, they lost a lot of their team from last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Same for every young kid really.

I go to a lot of youth games here and a lot of the kids tell me they want to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Its obviously the football dream to play for these clubs. That said, Justin Kluivert has the advantage of his father and is actually at the level to play for them, or at least will be at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Feyenoord also, they lost a lot of their team from last season. 

but football nowadays is all about money  :(  :(      Justin has a lot of potential and what's making him more marketable is his surname - a kluivert !!   for sure ajax will demand tons of money for him.     the board of directors in ajax should start to think to fill the trophy cabinet rather than their bank accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

but football nowadays is all about money  :(  :(      Justin has a lot of potential and what's making him more marketable is his surname - a kluivert !!   for sure ajax will demand tons of money for him.     the board of directors in ajax should start to think to fill the trophy cabinet rather than their bank accounts.

Well most of the directors are made up of previous players, Ajax want to put a production line in place again, so they do not need to buy, its been happening for the last couple of seasons apart from dipping in to South America and getting a few talents like Davison Sanchez and Neres.   Ajax overall want to be successful but it does come at a price, in recent years they have wasted a lot of money on players because the youth was not there.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Very sad that a club that actually created total football and dominated Europe with it is now regarded as some kind of backwater club and the kids are talking about leaving at the age of 18? Especially to the club which has copied them.

That would be River Plate's La Maquina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Edwin van der Sar is at the top isn't he?

van Der Sar went to university when he retired playing to do a business directors degree, he is more on the marketing side of Ajax, also Overmars is in charge of alot of the dealings, the real brains behind Ajax was Dennis Bergkamp but he left after disagreements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

van Der Sar went to university when he retired playing to do a business directors degree, he is more on the marketing side of Ajax, also Overmars is in charge of alot of the dealings, the real brains behind Ajax was Dennis Bergkamp but he left after disagreements. 

Carles Puyol done exactly the same thing as Van der Saar and refused an immediate job from Barcelona after retiring.  Since he finished his degree he's been travelling the world of football from Argentina, the US, Netherlands and is now at AC Milan.  These are the people you want at your club because they're all about football with the plus factor that they were also once footballers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just imagine a backroom staff with likes of Puyol, Xavi & Pique on board. 

Piqué obviously as president because he doesn’t want a technical job at all.

Yeah, it would be amazing and what the Barça fans would love to see. Who knows... Maybe in 10 years time it could happen. 

Aside from that, for me football clubs should contain as many football people as possible within the board and heirachy. Obviously you hope that with age egos have dissipated somewhat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on track... This picture taken today in the city of Barcelona with the Kluivert clan and the Dutch centre-back sought after by Barça, De Ligt. 

img_ssole_20180329-185152_imagenes_md_ot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Back on track... This picture taken today in the city of Barcelona with the Kluivert clan and the Dutch centre-back sought after by Barça, De Ligt. 

img_ssole_20180329-185152_imagenes_md_ot

I heard De ligt was going to Madrid via Barca to return Ronaldo who he found in his pocket. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But will he be as great at community service as his father?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement