talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Last Kingdom

football forum

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Fairy In Boots did you watch it all? I'm at Season 3, Episode 8, and I'm thoroughly impressed with this series. Season 1 was good, Season 2 was great, and Season 3 is epic. 

I loved the scene in Season 3 Episode 8 when:

Uhtred wants to secretly talk to Alfred in Winchester and looks at all the writings and drawings while waiting for Alfred and then you see Alfred in a dark corner, watching him, looking like a Ghost, with that beautiful soundtrack

Gave me goosebumps. 

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

@Fairy In Boots did you watch it all? I'm at Season 3, Episode 8, and I'm thoroughly impressed with this series. Season 1 was good, Season 2 was great, and Season 3 is epic. 

I loved the scene in Season 3 Episode 8 when:

Reveal hidden contents

Uhtred wants to secretly talk to Alfred in Winchester and looks at all the writings and drawings while waiting for Alfred and then you see Alfred in a dark corner, watching him, looking like a Ghost, with that beautiful soundtrack

Gave me goosebumps. 

I’ve not watched past s1 but I’ve read the books, it’s very good 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn't know these were based on books.

I started season 1 last week, enjoying it so far.

It gets even better. Season 3 was amazing. I'm really sad that I watched it all now, and have to wait for Season 4 like a normie. It was quite a journey. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It gets even better. Season 3 was amazing. I'm really sad that I watched it all now, and have to wait for Season 4 like a normie. It was quite a journey. 

xD

Always is a bit shit when you can no longer binge watch a show and have to wait for that show to come out with it's new season.

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

I watched seasons 1-4 of this a couple of years ago. It got better the further I got to be honest. At first I thought it was a bit of a meh Vikings knock off but now I'd rate it as the better series of the two because Vikings got super weird and erratic the last few seasons. Really looking forward to the new season, and am likely to do a rewatch of the first four seasons too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone else in the UK can't see season 5 on Netflix?

I don't know if it's because I'm in the Isle of Man that there's some obscure difference to the UK but I've never had that before. I went to watch it earlier and the Last Kingdom poster appears saying New Episodes but when I click on it you can only choose from the first three seasons. Tried on my PS4, phone and Kindle. Just wondering if that's the same in the UK for anyone here?

I hope I'm not waiting a while to catch up but if I am then no spoilers please 😅.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Kind of in between stuff but I decided to start this one up. First episode down and im fairly satisfied. Interesting enough story and watching Vikings I have some kind of background of what was going on and the geography so to speak. Will keep chipping away here and there at er. Glad to see you guys rate it quite highly and getting better as it goes along, Vikings left a bad taste in my mouth for several seasons i dont know why but I felt committed to finish that shite. 

• Upvote 1

I'm almost through Season 5, and I must say I enjoy the shit out of Timothy Innes playing King Edward. Very charismatic and interesting character wonderfully portayed by that talented young actor. Highlight of the season for me, so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ended up watching this on Amazon Prime because it never appeared in Isle of Man Netflix for some reason... it was pretty good anyway.

And there's going to be a feature film "Seven Kings Must Die" to wrap things up. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Season 2 is done and dusted.

I find it a little hard to see where entirely its going? its entertaining and Im enjoying it still dont get me wrong. I  like the side goons Uhtred has around him that seem to come and go but somethings got to give in the next season or so it cant just be more invaders and Uhtred saving the day while indebted to Alfred. Him being sold into slavery for an episode and being betrayed was interesting enough as well, the side plots have been pretty good. Inevitably at some point it has to shift with Uhtred going after his Uncle and trying to take back Beverborough or however his homeland is spelled 

:D but long term Im curious where they take it as I see the series is still going to.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...