talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Last Kingdom

football forum

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im almost done season 3, I dont really want to google anything related because of that. Do I need to finish the series first? like where chronologically does this movie take place?

Yes, you'll have to. The movie takes place after the series. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I binged this I'd say over the course of the last month I want to say? 

Really good, loved it and actually, quite savage how many times you suddenly lose a character you begin to care about in some way, whether you liked them or loved to hate them.

I found myself being really pissed off a few times how one of the perceived 'big' characters would die or disappear in a really shitty way when they potentially had more development.

And there were times when I wondered exactly where they were going with certain character arc's (Like Brida for example) but they always had a way of making sense of it. 

The only other thing I'd say though is, I could have taken or left the film. It was 'alright'.

But as for the soundtrack, cinamatography, battle sequences etc I couldn't fault it.

I loved Vikings and ultimately I don't wish to compare it, but I can't ignore the fact that maybe that series was drawn out a bit too much, where as with The Last Kingdom, they packed in so much over fewer episodes, it never felt like it dragged.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 24/07/2023 at 04:39, Lucas said:

I binged this I'd say over the course of the last month I want to say? 

Really good, loved it and actually, quite savage how many times you suddenly lose a character you begin to care about in some way, whether you liked them or loved to hate them.

I found myself being really pissed off a few times how one of the perceived 'big' characters would die or disappear in a really shitty way when they potentially had more development.

And there were times when I wondered exactly where they were going with certain character arc's (Like Brida for example) but they always had a way of making sense of it. 

The only other thing I'd say though is, I could have taken or left the film. It was 'alright'.

But as for the soundtrack, cinamatography, battle sequences etc I couldn't fault it.

I loved Vikings and ultimately I don't wish to compare it, but I can't ignore the fact that maybe that series was drawn out a bit too much, where as with The Last Kingdom, they packed in so much over fewer episodes, it never felt like it dragged.

Ive got 2 episodes left in season 4 to go and I feel this. I honestly didnt want to finish Vikings but I was bored. Ivar was dumb and the show went down hill real fast when first when

Athlestan dies

and then even more so when

Ragnar dies as well

Ecbert love him or hate him was an excellent character as well and when it moved onto more Ragnar's son's it just wasnt the same show. I stopped a few times and eventually finished it, I did actually think the final season was the best of the last couple seasons and its kind of a shame because Im sure alot of people stopped watching at that point.

Anyways I couldnt agree more. This show doesnt feel like a drag, its feeling like every season isnt a chore so far but I am curious to see where it ultimately goes before I make a real judgement but so far Ive enjoyed it all the way through pretty much.