talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

International Champions Cup 2018

football forum

• Administrator

hate this shit but it gives the fans that matter the most the chance to watch their favourite team...

Liverpool and Manchester United are set to meet in pre-season in the US, with the second biggest stadium in the world lined up as a potential venue.

The game will be part of the annual International Champions Cup in July.

While a venue has yet to be agreed, Michigan's 107,000-capacity 'Big House' in Ann Arbor is a possible option for the game.

The capacity has been reduced from when 109,000 watched United play Real Madrid there in 2014.

The biggest stadium in the world is the 114,000-capacity Rungrado 1 May Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea.

Liverpool and United met in the final of the 2014 event in Miami, with Louis van Gaal's team winning 3-1.

The ICC has featured increasingly high-profile matches in recent years. United met City in Houston in the first Manchester derby to be played outside England in 2017 and Barcelona and Real Madrid played in El Clasico in Miami.

It is understood there will be no repeat of the Manchester derby this term, with City, who could also face Jurgen Klopp's side, preferring to base themselves on the east coast of the US, with United on the west.

This summer's fixtures are due to be announced next week, with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Juventus among the high-profile clubs set to be involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43594746

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going to start this thread before seeing this. 

Will be good warm ups for the teams involved. 

Friday, July 20, 2018
Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund

Saturday, July 21, 2018
Bayern Munich vs PSG

Sunday July 22, 2018
Liverpool vs Borussia Dortmung

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The Champions Cup is a farce but as least overseas fans can see their idols so I suppose it has a purpose. 

Might give it a watch if I'm doing nothing and it's on TV. Bayern/PSG and Shite/BVB perhaps ^_^.

Yeah, wish Inter were getting near here. They came to Carolina a few years ago but I was out of town during it. 

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The Champions Cup is a farce but as least overseas fans can see their idols so I suppose it has a purpose. 

Might give it a watch if I'm doing nothing and it's on TV. Bayern/PSG and Shite/BVB perhaps ^_^.

Yeah but to be fair if you like football in America you will never get the chance to see elete teams apart from this. I mean if you like American football in england you will never get to see it apart from the tours so i get it.

Archived