talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best/Favourite character from any TV Show ever

football forum

Jesse Pinkman. 

Maybe there are shows that I like just as much as Breaking Bad (like Lost for example), but for me, Jesse Pinkman is one of the most tragic likable characters of all time. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top tier:

Ari Gold

Al Swearingen

Ragnar Lothbrok

Second tier:

Stringer Bell

Tommy Shelby

Gob Bluth

Alfie Solomons

Denny Crane

The top tier guys... for me the entire success of those shows was owed to the charisma of these specific guys. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Top tier:

Ari Gold

Al Swearingen

Ragnar Lothbrok

Second tier:

Stringer Bell

Tommy Shelby

Gob Bluth

Alfie Solomons

Denny Crane

The top tier guys... for me the entire success of those shows was owed to the charisma of these specific guys. 

I have no idea who any of them are...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 17:59, Tommy said:

Jesse Pinkman. 

Maybe there are shows that I like just as much as Breaking Bad (like Lost for example), but for me, Jesse Pinkman is one of the most tragic likable characters of all time. 

Saul Goodman is a good one from Breaking Bad. And Jimmy McGill from Better Caul Saul also xD - I think they're both likeable, yet tragic and have done some very shitty things in their story. Although Jesse's life went from bad to worse throughout the storyline of Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad is probably my favourite show of all time.

• Subscriber

Eva Green as the lovely tormented Vanessa Ives in Penny Dreadful, one of my favourite underrated and cut too short shows.

Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomons in Peaky Blinders is probably my favourite role hes done.

I absolutely loved Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal Lector in the tv adaption Hannibal. I dare say he did a better job then the legendary Anthony Hopkins.

David Duchonvy as Hank Moody in Californication basically playing himself If he chose to be a writer instead of an actor.

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

David Duchonvy as Hank Moody in Californication basically playing himself If he chose to be a writer instead of an actor.

Haven't seen that.  Worth a watch? Similar to entourage? I was always reluctant to watch entourage because I found the amount of sleaze repugnant. Californication i feel a bit the same about. 

17 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

GOT

(Unpopular one) Little Finger

He was by far the best and most intriguing character of the show until the writers had no idea anymore what to do with him. Shame really. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He was by far the best and most intriguing character of the show until the writers had no idea anymore what to do with him. Shame really. 

Debatable. 

Jamie Lannister has probably the best character development in television history. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Harry said:

Haven't seen that.  Worth a watch? Similar to entourage? I was always reluctant to watch entourage because I found the amount of sleaze repugnant. Californication i feel a bit the same about. 

Its an easy watch only 20 min episodes, I dont think it dipped at all throughout the seasons either I thoroughly enjoyed it many times over. Its full of sleeze so if thats not your thing I wouldnt recommend it. Theres alot of comeos and a great rock sub theme, they use the Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols for a role for a few seasons, Marilyn Manson in a few episodes.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

It was tragic how they ended his arch, I just hope the same doesnt happen to Jamie.

Another favourite character of mine is definitely Jack Shephard from Lost. Many people who like the show prefer other characters, but to me he was the most genuine, staying true to his principals proper leader type character,  who also cared a lot about those around him. Idol-like stuff :D

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Another favourite character of mine is definitely Jack Shephard from Lost. Many people who like the show prefer other characters, but to me he was the most genuine, staying true to his principals proper leader type character,  who also cared a lot about those around him. Idol-like stuff :D

Jack was never my favourite chracter on LOST, but the development and growth as well as the complexity of his character throughout the series is absolutely THE best, and I appreciate it more and more with every rewatch. LOST is my favourite show ever (as you might know, haha), and arguably one of the best character-driven TV shows overall.

20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I know it's recency bias as I've just watched the first episode of the new season but Dr Ford in Westworld.

Well, it's Anthony Hopkins. That's like cheating. 

• 1 year later...

Archived