The better place to talk football.

Biggest one season wonders?

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Riera 

Think after that season he had with Liverpool he was even selected for the national side. No idea what happened since. 

I think Riera was better for Espanyol than he ever was for us, although that one good season he was really good. But yeah, after us he went to Greece and I never heard anything about him ever again.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Everton fans will know better but I thought he looked good for a lot longer than a season before stopping entirely as soon as Arsenal signed him.

I'm sure that's probably accurate, but I think when he looked his best was the season before he made the move to Arsenal - even though he got hurt that season and didn't play for a bit.

He would then proceed to score 22 goals in 12 years.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Dickie said:

Kleberson (post world cup wonder)

Robhino (he wasn't bad he put up good seasons at AC Milan but never lived up to hype)

Alexandre Pato (If injuries don't count)

Charlie Adam (his time at Blackpool)

Pogrybniak that first half season at fulham

Charlie Adam is a superb shout.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm sure that's probably accurate, but I think when he looked his best was the season before he made the move to Arsenal - even though he got hurt that season and didn't play for a bit.

He would then proceed to score 22 goals in 12 years.

Franny Jeffers at Everton has reminded me of Danny Cadamartari (sp?). There was once a time when the two of them and John Oster would look half decent on MOTD.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Franny Jeffers at Everton has reminded me of Danny Cadamartari (sp?). There was once a time when the two of them and John Oster would look half decent on MOTD.

Forgot all about Danny Cadamartari. Didn't he have some sort of legal issue and then his career went to shit? I think nowadays clubs would have stuck by him unless it was something like kiddy fiddling, rape or murder.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Michu? He looked like the real deal at Swansea, then went missing.

Someone doesn't read the thread. 

Getting real tired of your shit David :ph34r:

Here is a shout. Andrea Belotti.

I never thought he was very good to begin with, but I can't deny he was clinical last season. Now he's showing what his level really is. Decent but nothing stand out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived