talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 2-3rd April, 2018

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just before Fulham scored the second, Leeds could have made it 1-1. ¬¬

the guy who missed it seemed distraught. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wolves 1-2 Hull

Are Wolves genuinely going to fuck the title?

would remind me of Brighton and Newcastle last season but on a grander scale given how much Wolves have spent 

Bar Wolves (cheers Hull), the other results have gone as expected which isn't good. Closes the gap to five point between us and Fulham with Villa seven points as well.

Only thing that could help is if we can keep pace with Wolves. Pull off a win on Friday and we will be three points behind and with a game in hand.

That was a fucking shambles. 

Birmingham were there for the taking as they really do perform as their league standing suggests, but we were appalling. Truly September 2017 stuff, we could have still been playing now and not got a shot on target. 

Aimless, fucking aimless hoofs from the centre halfs to somewhere in the same postcode as the man-microbe that is Adam Le Fondre DOES NOT FUCKING WORK - why must Parkinson persist? The midfield barely had a touch while Beevers and Burke tipped it to each other, almost frightened to bring anyone with an iota of creativity into the game. 

Birmingham came with a plan, barely executed it and still looked so comfortable, even with ten men. Two blatant handballs not given as penalties by the ref don't change the target of my ire - that was an embarrassment. 

As an aside, Birmingham City brought by far the best travelling support I've seen here in about ten years (Newcastle, Man. United and Everton in the mid-00s when we were actually good are the only ones to compare, for me) - consistently vocal, continually intimidating. They deserved everything they got tonight, fair play. 

Fulham deserved their win. This was one of those games where we were so close and yet so far to getting something.

We missed two of the easiest chances you are going to get in a game, one at 1-0 which coincidently, Fulham counter attacked and promptly made 2-0 straight away which kicked us right in the gut. The other would have set up a tense finish with 10 minutes to go but in truth, Fulham would have been robbed not winning the game. They ran us ragged at times.

They are a brilliant team for this division, very good to watch and for me, based on last season as well as this one, they deserve PL football. Whether that is automatic or through the playoffs, I hope they achieve it. Also it will be a great relief to get rid of them for next season.

No disrespect to Cardiff (and I do feel like I pick on them a bit on here) but I have both fingers crossed Fulham catch them and beat them to the post. Fulham play the way we would want to watch as neutrals in the PL, not Cardiff's route one turgid approach.

But I will say this. If Cardiff manage it, whilst I won't be too thrilled, I will hold my hands up and say fair play. Warnock has gone far and beyond what I expected from them. Never did I think this would last as long as it has.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived