• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dele Alli Discussion

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Future World Class Star for England or just a massive twat?

not world class but can still be a massive twat.

he'll be a star for England no doubt.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I honestly prefer Lingard over him atm 

Same here. Can't believe it's ever come to that but Lingard's actually a really decent player. He's pretty creative, agile and he's a good goalscorer. On this season's form he'd have to start over Alli for England.

I think Alli's good but I think people got a bit carried away by him too. He's got his limitations. Easy to forget though he is only 22 next week, and Jesse Lingard's actually 25 which surprised me.

Great day for Dele Alli to come back and remind people of what he did last season. Very timely. It's easy to dismiss players when they are not in their best moment.

Alli is one of those that if he players for you, you love him, and if he don't, you'll hate him. Of course he is a cunt, but on the flip side of that, when he is on it, he's a very good player.

He's still very young and has a lot of maturing to do for me. He's probably paid the price this year for having as good a season as he had last year, particularly goal scoring wise. I think he's found it more difficult to find the spaces he previously did because opponents are starting to wise up to how he plays.

But I've seen him develop at MK Dons, seen him flourish at Spurs particularly last season and know he is a talent.

• Administrator

Today's first goal for Alli reminded me of the one a couple of seasons ago against Everton. Run from deep beyond the central defenders, control and finish. Made it look easy. 

He’ll be lauded as a star for England but Harry Kane aside, there’s nothing else in the current national set-up and he’ll invariably fail to deliver people’s expectations on that front in the short-term due to how poor the England side is on the whole and he’ll continue to be very good at club level in the Premier League.

Good enough to go abroad? Yeah. Good enough to be the centre piece of a top club like a Real Madrid? No but he’d contribute a lot. 

Massive twat? Without question. 

34 minutes ago, Dan said:

First goal earlier was absolutely top quality. Bergkamp-like.

It was definitely along those lines in the way he collected the ball from the pass. A class moment without a doubt!

He hasn't reached the dizzy heights of the season before but a quality player and definitely a massive twat. Anyone would love him at your own club, but hate him otherwise. He dives, goes in late on tackles and winds up opposing fans.

Picking Lingard ahead of him is just absurd. He's older and frankly just not as good. Lingard had a good period over December and January. Them two months is the only period of his career when he's performed close to Ali.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Marc said:

He hasn't reached the dizzy heights of the season before but a quality player and definitely a massive twat. Anyone would love him at your own club, but hate him otherwise. He dives, goes in late on tackles and winds up opposing fans.

Picking Lingard ahead of him is just absurd. He's older and frankly just not as good. Lingard had a good period over December and January. Them two months is the only period of his career when he's performed close to Ali.

Glad someone has finally said it.

I actually thought it was a joke when people starting comparing Lingard to Alli - it's not even close between them. Alli is 21 and has performed better than almost any other 21 year old at this stage of his Premier League career. Even in this supposed down year, he's scored the same amount of goals in the league and got over double the amount of assists as Lingard.

There's all sorts of stats out there about Dele's first 100 Premier League games, but 61 goals or assists in that time, the same as Hazard.

Lingard is having the best season of his career whilst Dele is having the 'worst year' yet Dele has still been better. Should say it all. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Storts said:

Glad someone has finally said it.

I actually thought it was a joke when people starting comparing Lingard to Alli - it's not even close between them. Alli is 21 and has performed better than almost any other 21 year old at this stage of his Premier League career. Even in this supposed down year, he's scored the same amount of goals in the league and got over double the amount of assists as Lingard.

There's all sorts of stats out there about Dele's first 100 Premier League games, but 61 goals or assists in that time, the same as Hazard.

Lingard is having the best season of his career whilst Dele is having the 'worst year' yet Dele has still been better. Should say it all. 

Has he though?

Lingard's won Man Utd a lot of points this season.

Lingards form meant he deserved a chance. Not as good as Dele no, but went on a run of goalscoring form and deserved the call up.

Its not as if Dele lit up the game against Holland when he came on, was the worst player on the pitch.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dan said:

Has he though?

Lingard's won Man Utd a lot of points this season.

Lingard had a purple patch - they've scored the same amount of goals, but Dele has over double the amount of assists. Just because Dele isn't quite at the ridiculously high level he's set himself, doesn't mean he still hasn't been very good and integral to us. Lingard doesn't even always get in the United team.

Archived