talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kyle Walker Compared to Lahm & Abidal

Pep Guardiola has compared Manchester City defender Kyle Walker to Champions League winners Philipp Lahm and Eric Abidal.

Walker has made his name as an attacking full-back but was successfully deployed as a right-sided centre-back in a three-man defence in England's recent friendlies against Holland and Italy.

The switch of role came as a surprise to some but not City boss Guardiola, who was well aware of the 27-year-old's versatility.

Guardiola has seen such strengths in players before having worked at Barcelona with Abidal, who was equally comfortable at left-back and centre-half, and at Bayern Munich with Lahm, who switched from right-back to midfield.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he's only comparing their style of play and versatility rather than level. Lahm is one of the best full backs of all time. I doubt he's calling walker that.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Blue said:

Maybe he's only comparing their style of play and versatility rather than level. Lahm is one of the best full backs of all time. I doubt he's calling walker that.

Think it's pretty clear Brian that he is talking stylistically rather than ability 

On 2/4/2018 at 02:01, SirBalon said:

I doubt he's putting Walker in the same scope as both Lahm or Walker... As has been said further up, it's about the fact he can play in both positions.

I think he is putting Walker in the same scope as Walker, but not Lahm.

:ph34r:

Archived