talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You bastards! I hate Chelsea now! :(:ph34r:

I can't wait to see how he sets Chelsea up if it really does happen.

Given who we've been rumored with

Morata

Hazard-------------------Bailey

Seri---Kante

Jorginho 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Given who we've been rumored with

Morata

Hazard-------------------Bailey

Seri---Kante

Jorginho 

Without a doubt we're going to be witnessing a very different brand of Chelsea football from now on.

On 23/05/2018 at 15:56, SirBalon said:

You bastards! I hate Chelsea now! :(:ph34r:

I can't wait to see how he sets Chelsea up if it really does happen.

On the pitch, I believe he´ll make Chelsea very strong, he´s a great coach, but man, his relationship with the english press and public will probably be very contentious. England is much more progressive than Italy and some stuff that he can get away with in Italy, will cause him a lot of trouble in England. 

53 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

On the pitch, I believe he´ll make Chelsea very strong, he´s a great coach, but man, his relationship with the english press and public will probably be very contentious. England is much more progressive than Italy and some stuff that he can get away with in Italy, will cause him a lot of trouble in England. 

This is true because even for Neapolitans many things that he’s said in the past makes them put their hands over their ears. xD

But something tells me that we’ll only see his moods here if he comes and not the verbal stuff. We must also remember that alot of that stuff people say they don’t actually mean and it’s more to demonstrate a set of emotions on whatever the person wants to express. In Italy as in Spain and Portugal even swearing is accepted in the media because context is accepted and understood. 

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is true because even for Neapolitans many things that he’s said in the past makes them put their hands over their ears. xD

But something tells me that we’ll only see his moods here if he comes and not the verbal stuff. We must also remember that alot of that stuff people say they don’t actually mean and it’s more to demonstrate a set of emotions on whatever the person wants to express. In Italy as in Spain and Portugal even swearing is accepted in the media because context is accepted and understood. 

What Chelsea should do is have him speaking only in italian and instruct the translators to soften his language in the english translation.  "Traduttore, traditore". 

Otherwise his Chelsea stint could end up being very short. In England, the answer he gave to that reporter after the Inter match or calling another coach a "faggot" wouldn´t be tolerated. 

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

What Chelsea should do is have him speaking only in italian and instruct the translators to soften his language in the english translation.  "Traduttore, traditore". 

Otherwise his Chelsea stint could end up being very short. In England, the answer he gave to that reporter after the Inter match or calling another coach a "faggot" wouldn´t be tolerated. 

Yeah, that was Mancini! xD

rrzs027yig-mancini-in-versione-finocchio

it's all about context mate and also understanding the culture.  It was said in Italy for Italian consumption but I do get what you mean and you're right, here we wouldn't tolerate it.

It's like when Luis Aragonés was accused of being a racist because of something he said to José Antonio Reyes in a training session referring to Thierry Henry with the colour of Henry's skin mixed in the sentence, a habitual sentence used in Spanish speaking countries that isn't seen as racism there but literally translated without cultural context it is.  I know and everyone knows in Spain that Aragonés wasn't a racist.  Infact ask Samuel Eto'o... Like with what Luis Suárez supposedly said to Patrice Evra... I know and everyone knows he's not a racist and everyone knows that backward terminology he used isn't racist, but here it is because its foreign to us, we don't speak like that and we are shocked!

Sarri will be fine because he's not a homophobe, a racist or a bigot.  He's an old fashioned guy being old fashioned Italian.  It's shocking, but we should stop being snowflakes and grow up because we know what's going on.

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, that was Mancini! xD

rrzs027yig-mancini-in-versione-finocchio

it's all about context mate and also understanding the culture.  It was said in Italy for Italian consumption but I do get what you mean and you're right, here we wouldn't tolerate it.

It's like when Luis Aragonés was accused of being a racist because of something he said to José Antonio Reyes in a training session referring to Thierry Henry with the colour of Henry's skin mixed in the sentence, a habitual sentence used in Spanish speaking countries that isn't seen as racism there but literally translated without cultural context it is.  I know and everyone knows in Spain that Aragonés wasn't a racist.  Infact ask Samuel Eto'o... Like with what Luis Suárez supposedly said to Patrice Evra... I know and everyone knows he's not a racist and everyone knows that backward terminology he used isn't racist, but here it is because its foreign to us, we don't speak like that and we are shocked!

Sarri will be fine because he's not a homophobe, a racist or a bigot.  He's an old fashioned guy being old fashioned Italian.  It's shocking, but we should stop being snowflakes and grow up because we know what's going on.

Sarri is what he is.I prefer to focus on the fact he´s a great football mind, but if he moves to England, he´ll face scrutiny and he´ll probably will have to check what he says. It´s a different society and his work on the pitch could be affected by his attitude. This is something that should be considered by Chelsea´s board when hiring him. We´re talking about a multimillionaire business, the pros and cons must be taken in account. 

I get what you´re saying about the racism. One of my mom´s nicknames is "negra", because she´s half-black. Her friends call her it in an affective way, but this would be a truly scandalous thing in an anglophone society, right? 

I get what you´re saying about the racism. One of my mom´s nicknames is "negra", because she´s half-black. Her friends call her it in an affective way, but this would be a truly scandalous thing in an anglophone society, right? 

For sure that would be seen as scandalous... It just wouldn't be said even by a racist in public unless that person wants to get into serious trouble with the authorities.  It's unacceptable but that's because it has never been part of the culture in absolutely any form whatsoever.

I've got tons of anecdotes I could write about here like a debate which turned into an argument only this past Christmas which I spent in Naples with my wife's family.  One of my wife's cousins goes out with this guy that's a fanatical Inter fan and I brought up monkey chanting which happens a considerable amount in both Italy and Spain.  I was trying to tell him that this is unacceptable and even in countries like both Italy and Spain which have certain terminologies like the one you mentioned in Portuguese (Brazil) that would be seen as shocking in the UK but which I understand, this I said to him was totally wrong and definitely racism.  He defended it with the fact it's to put a dangerous player off his game and that the person saying it probably isn't racist.  I just couldn't believe how a crowd chanting a monkey chant at a black footballer (black anyone) could be seen as anything other than racist... I just kept on repeating the same thing and stating the fact there are children in the crowd and maybe other black people.

Another anecdote which when it happened was actually quite funny although not for me because I didn't know what was going on.  This was many years back when I done a pilgramige of everything football around Latin America from South America to Central America...  This occurred in Mexico.  A friend of mine got me access to an old journalist who was retired (I specifically wanted to speak to the older generations for obvious reasons on this trip around Latin America.

Little did I know that this guy was a raving alcoholic but that in order for me to get the passion and great debate out of him, I was told I had to buy a bottle of Mezcal at the bar and give it to him... I kid you not, this is all true!

Anyway... I didn't know about two specific words Mexicans seem to like to use when they refer to someone they are creating a seeming friendship with, I'll add that they use these words and also tend to shove you when they're saying them.  The two words are "Cabrón" (Arsehole in Spain) and "Maricón" (Poofter in Spanish).... Every time I got into deep conversation with him and he liked what I said, he'd give me a big shove to my shoulder (almost knocking me off my chair, he was a big guy) and call me one of those words.  I got to the point I was getting annoyed and my friend was laughing his head off, something I took even worse because I thought they were ganging up on me in some manner (I was getting paranoid hahaha) and finally I got up and said... "Maricón serás tú y tu madre!" xD I use the laughing emoticon because I remember the reaction... The bar went quiet and then all of a sudden fits of hysterics from everyone most of all the two I had been in conversation with.  I was confused and all I could hear was "Estos gringos Españoles siempre reaccionan igual!" xD

I was then told while they sat me down and poured me another glass of wine that this is an amicable and friendly manner to speak to someone and not at all meant to annoy in any way.  I just kept on thinking, how can calling someone a derogatory form of the word homosexual be something friendly... What must the genuine gay people think in Mexico?  But it's acceptable and it's known that nothing is meant in any which way to be offensive.  The total opposite in this case actually.

Sarri is what he is.I prefer to focus on the fact he´s a great football mind, but if he moves to England, he´ll face scrutiny and he´ll probably will have to check what he says. It´s a different society and his work on the pitch could be affected by his attitude. This is something that should be considered by Chelsea´s board when hiring him. We´re talking about a multimillionaire business, the pros and cons must be taken in account. 

I totally agree mate which is why I said he'll know not to do this and will obviously be advised because even the use of a "traduttore traditore" would be pointless as the Italian press the following day would reflect Sarri's genuine words in their press and it would echo all the way to the UK immediately as you can imagine.  It won't happen and he'll know the culture is totally different as I don't think he's ignorant or a fool at all.

56 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Another anecdote which when it happened was actually quite funny although not for me because I didn't know what was going on.  This was many years back when I done a pilgramige of everything football around Latin America from South America to Central America...  This occurred in Mexico.  A friend of mine got me access to an old journalist who was retired (I specifically wanted to speak to the older generations for obvious reasons on this trip around Latin America.

Little did I know that this guy was a raving alcoholic but that in order for me to get the passion and great debate out of him, I was told I had to buy a bottle of Mezcal at the bar and give it to him... I kid you not, this is all true!

Anyway... I didn't know about two specific words Mexicans seem to like to use when they refer to someone they are creating a seeming friendship with, I'll add that they use these words and also tend to shove you when they're saying them.  The two words are "Cabrón" (Arsehole in Spain) and "Maricón" (Poofter in Spanish).... Every time I got into deep conversation with him and he liked what I said, he'd give me a big shove to my shoulder (almost knocking me off my chair, he was a big guy) and call me one of those words.  I got to the point I was getting annoyed and my friend was laughing his head off, something I took even worse because I thought they were ganging up on me in some manner (I was getting paranoid hahaha) and finally I got up and said... "Maricón serás tú y tu madre!" xD I use the laughing emoticon because I remember the reaction... The bar went quiet and then all of a sudden fits of hysterics from everyone most of all the two I had been in conversation with.  I was confused and all I could hear was "Estos gringos Españoles siempre reaccionan igual!" xD

I was then told while they sat me down and poured me another glass of wine that this is an amicable and friendly manner to speak to someone and not at all meant to annoy in any way.  I just kept on thinking, how can calling someone a derogatory form of the word homosexual be something friendly... What must the genuine gay people think in Mexico?  But it's acceptable and it's known that nothing is meant in any which way to be offensive.  The total opposite in this case actually.

I totally agree mate which is why I said he'll know not to do this and will obviously be advised because even the use of a "traduttore traditore" would be pointless as the Italian press the following day would reflect Sarri's genuine words in their press and it would echo all the way to the UK immediately as you can imagine.  It won't happen and he'll know the culture is totally different as I don't think he's ignorant or a fool at all.

Some good stories, Antoñito. xD

I actually think he is really smart, I´m just not sure you can change the way he expresses himself. Sarri is almost 60. In terms of football knowledge there is no question, he is a great coach. What he did to Koulibaly and Mertens is truly impressive.  Those guys are so much better than they were before Sarri.

You know better than me, but from afar I think many attitudes from italian players and coaches aren´t accepted in England, and that could lead to future problems. I mean, if he said the things he did to that journalist after the Internazionale match wouldn´t he be fired if he coached an english club? 

This is a significant culture shock and you can be sure that as soon as he´s oficially hired many pieces will be written by english and american journalists about some of his past quotes. Man, I find really hard to envision an old school "partenepeo" finding success in London. 

The classic it's not racist because it's their countries culture...like it's not racist in Russia when they make money noises towards black players because they don't see it as racist :dam:

34 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Some good stories, Antoñito. xD

I actually think he is really smart, I´m just not sure you can change the way he expresses himself. Sarri is almost 60. In terms of football knowledge there is no question, he is a great coach. What he did to Koulibaly and Mertens is truly impressive.  Those guys are so much better than they were before Sarri.

You know better than me, but from afar I think many attitudes from italian players and coaches aren´t accepted in England, and that could lead to future problems. I mean, if he said the things he did to that journalist after the Internazionale match wouldn´t he be fired if he coached an english club? 

This is a significant culture shock and you can be sure that as soon as he´s oficially hired many pieces will be written by english and american journalists about some of his past quotes. Man, I find really hard to envision an old school "partenepeo" finding success in London. 

What did he say in that interview you speak of?

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

For sure that would be seen as scandalous... It just wouldn't be said even by a racist in public unless that person wants to get into serious trouble with the authorities.  It's unacceptable but that's because it has never been part of the culture in absolutely any form whatsoever.

I've got tons of anecdotes I could write about here like a debate which turned into an argument only this past Christmas which I spent in Naples with my wife's family.  One of my wife's cousins goes out with this guy that's a fanatical Inter fan and I brought up monkey chanting which happens a considerable amount in both Italy and Spain.  I was trying to tell him that this is unacceptable and even in countries like both Italy and Spain which have certain terminologies like the one you mentioned in Portuguese (Brazil) that would be seen as shocking in the UK but which I understand, this I said to him was totally wrong and definitely racism.  He defended it with the fact it's to put a dangerous player off his game and that the person saying it probably isn't racist.  I just couldn't believe how a crowd chanting a monkey chant at a black footballer (black anyone) could be seen as anything other than racist... I just kept on repeating the same thing and stating the fact there are children in the crowd and maybe other black people.

Yeah, because they can't stand up and leave as easily as younger people when you unleash the equivalent of four books content's onto them in a simple chat. :ph34r:

It is reported that Sarri will be announced after June 1st as Chelsea's Next Manager.  Chelsea are stalling to appoint him as the Italian's release clause expires this Thursday the 31st. There is no indication as to whether or not Antonio Conte will be released or if he will remain on Chelsea's payroll until he finds other management. If Conte plans on taking a break from management, it will be the former. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived