talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks official now. Just waiting for the announcement from the club.

Terrible the way it ended, but it had to be done for the benefit of both parties. Nothing but the utmost respect for him given what he has accomplished with this current side. Any club in Europe will be lucky to have him should he be backed all the way. Grazie Antonio 

Apart of me thinks this is what Antonio Conte has wanted since last summer.

A side of me understands his frustration. He came to England and demonstrated how you can win the league in an effective manner by playing three central defenders. This was despite being told for years you'll never change the English mind set of two at the back due to its all our players have known. After inventing a new identity for Chelsea in this manner, he quote rightly would have expected Chelsea to help develop his vision by investing in his recommended targets. They failed to land Lukaku, they bought a ton of players who it's quite evident he didn't want, and made a real lacklustre effort to sign Llorente which he has been vocal about.

However the way he's gone about expressing his frustrations seems completely wrong. I'm not saying he should have resigned and write off the ten figure sum he would be due to receive if he got sacked. That would be moronic. However the way he went around things just made it seem like he was trying to sabotage individual careers and the success of the team. This has been evident in press conferances, overpaying Bakayoko, not playing some signings at all, tactical decisions against big clubs, bizarre substitutions, and the alienation of players like Luiz and Willian.

He's clearly a good manager, but i think the way he's behaved will put a lot of clubs off hiring him. You know what you're walking in to when you join Chelsea. They're not going to change a blueprint that's bought them success. It was naive of Conte to think so.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's clearly a good manager, but i think the way he's behaved will put a lot of clubs off hiring him. You know what you're walking in to when you join Chelsea. They're not going to change a blueprint that's bought them success. It was naive of Conte to think so.

Ultimately, Conte's vision was instant success. Especially when you look at the players he wanted. 

He wanted Vidal, Nainggolan, Bonucci, and Candreva to name a few. These were players in their 30's, would demand high wages and would have a hefty transfer sum. Given how the club has operated, and our strict 30 year + policy, they were never going to meet Conte's demands. The club wasn't going to invest that much money on players that can't progress any further. 

It's because of that, I cannot see him managing anywhere else other than with Juve or with the national side. 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The fact some of those names are 30 makes me question what the fuck I have done with my life.

Wait til you are in your 60's.

Surprised that Chelsea let Conte show up for training on Monday,  that had to awkward.

Seen the official statement, i flushed my goldfish in the toilet with more respect. Two major trophies in the last two seasons, but like Luke said it was long overdue. Lost the team, battles with the board it was just a matter of time. However this should have been done ages ago, the season ended two months ago. Apparently we didn't pay him out so we will go to court (not official rumors). 

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

SSN have confirmed it. 

Chelsea are a right scum of a club. 

And Conte is innocent in all of this? I love the man, but he certainly isn't an angel. 

He's wanted out for well over 6 months now and hasn't been shy about it. All of this was followed by quite simply the worst and most cowardly football I have ever seen us play. The defeat to City at the Ethiad will forever give me nightmares. 

He's publicly fallen out with players and the board, you no longer see him turn up to match days in a suit or show any passion on the sidelines. He didn't care and checked out. We were 2nd place in January, to which after his little tantrum, we dropped down to 5th in a matter of days. 

Despite being very clear on his short term plans, he then sulked very publicly, when the board refused to prioritise his 30+ year old transfer targets. Targets that were never in the best interest of Chelsea's long term future. 

The only reason this has dragged on so much, is because De Laurentiis is a massive ball breaker. Negotiations with him are practically impossible. We couldn't sack Conte straight after the FA Cup victory, because then we would have no leverage. That prick would of charged something ridiculous for Sarri. 

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

First thing Sarri needs to do is make Azpilicueta captain. 

if I were a Chelsea fan I'd want reassurances that Hazard is gonna stay.

• Subscriber

As if Chelsea fans actually don't like Conte. He might have acted like a bit of a cunt and a crybaby but he won you two trophies.

Also got to say you lads were fuming over your business last summer and it's clearly down to the board not being willing to invest in the squad. Feel free to explain to me why I'm wrong but from the outside looking in I don't understand why Conte falling out with the board is a bad thing, the Chelsea board are a pack of cunts who need to be challenged on their bullshit.

It still seems to work with Chelsea winning titles and trophies under a new manager before going into a decline and restarting the cycle again  but eventually you'll have a couple of shitty managerial appointments in a row and go five years without silverware and people will be complaining that the problem runs deeper than poor managers and calling for change at board room level.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

As if Chelsea fans actually don't like Conte. He might have acted like a bit of a cunt and a crybaby but he won you two trophies.

Also got to say you lads were fuming over your business last summer and it's clearly down to the board not being willing to invest in the squad. Feel free to explain to me why I'm wrong but from the outside looking in I don't understand why Conte falling out with the board is a bad thing, the Chelsea board are a pack of cunts who need to be challenged on their bullshit.

It still seems to work with Chelsea winning titles and trophies under a new manager before going into a decline and restarting the cycle again  but eventually you'll have a couple of shitty managerial appointments in a row and go five years without silverware and people will be complaining that the problem runs deeper than poor managers and calling for change at board room level.

I agree. However, I posted a page back that Conte himself isn't in any way innocent in this whole situation. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived