• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alan Pardew Leaves West Brom by Mutual Consent

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

One win in twenty or something ridiculous. Has to be the worst appointment of all time, surely?

Came on line to say this. One of the worst in the Premier League for sure?

They need someone ready for the Championship though. Not a fancy manager, someone who understands what it takes to get out of that league. 

• Administrator

wonder if Allardyce will go there when he's inevitably relieved of his Everton duties in the summer. 

Allardyce and West Brom seem a match made in heaven. 

• Subscriber

Don't really have any sympathy for either party here. They can have Allardyce if they want though doubt he'll come back into football again after leaving us especially to manage in the Championship.

This decision didn't really matter either way. They're down and if they didn't want Pardew to manage them in the Championship they could have just as easily left it until the end of the season without it making a difference.

Have to say I've no idea whether Baggies fans have issues with Pardew or more with the club or the players but sacking him now gives the fans one less thing to give the club shit about for the next few weeks.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

wonder if Allardyce will go there when he's inevitably relieved of his Everton duties in the summer. 

Allardyce and West Brom seem a match made in heaven. 

Wolves fan Allardyce?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wolves fan Allardyce?

sometimes doesn't matter.

I'm sure Harry Redknapp is an Arsenal fan and managed Spurs?

Or even something like Carragher supporting Everton and playing his whole career at Liverpool. 

Pardrew does have a good record in his first season so I can understand the appointment. West brom fans have themselves to blame for forcing pulis out. The same way Newcastle fans forced pardrew out and got Mcclaren

16 hours ago, Stan said:

sometimes doesn't matter.

I'm sure Harry Redknapp is an Arsenal fan and managed Spurs?

Or even something like Carragher supporting Everton and playing his whole career at Liverpool. 

Yeah rednapp did support arsenal. Carragher supported Everton until Liverpool lost the fa cup final to man utd. He got taunted so much by Everton fans he switched

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Pardrew does have a good record in his first season so I can understand the appointment. West brom fans have themselves to blame for forcing pulis out. The same way Newcastle fans forced pardrew out and got Mcclaren

Surely it's the people who hired Pardew's fault. 

Next fans will be responsible for signings that go wrong because they asked for a signing xD stupid idiots should be grateful for what they've got, there's kids starving in Africa 

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Surely it's the people who hired Pardew's fault. 

Next fans will be responsible for signings that go wrong because they asked for a signing xD stupid idiots should be grateful for what they've got, there's kids starving in Africa 

Maybe not completely to blame but they certainly played a part. I doubt pulis would have been sacked if not for the fans

48 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Maybe not completely to blame but they certainly played a part. I doubt pulis would have been sacked if not for the fans

Not to blame at all. There has to be limits on the dots being connected.

100 different managers could have taken that job on after Pulis and the outcome would be different every time. Fans can't be held responsible just for saying that the team can be better than what Pulis is serving.

I don't consider Man Utd fans responsible for getting their team up the league table to 2nd by wanting van Gaal out and the board landing Mourinho. They could have appointed Gordan Strachan instead and ended up 10th, it wouldn't mean that they were wrong about being capable of doing better than what they were under van Gaal. It would just mean someone on the board is a moron.

2 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Not to blame at all. There has to be limits on the dots being connected.

100 different managers could have taken that job on after Pulis and the outcome would be different every time. Fans can't be held responsible just for saying that the team can be better than what Pulis is serving.

I don't consider Man Utd fans responsible for getting their team up the league table to 2nd by wanting van Gaal out and the board landing Mourinho. They could have appointed Gordan Strachan instead and ended up 10th, it wouldn't mean that they were wrong about being capable of doing better than what they were under van Gaal. It would just mean someone on the board is a moron.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. I think sometimes fans get what they deserve

• Subscriber

Look at West Brom's form under Pulis. They were in relegation form under him. It's just quite extraordinary that they somehow got even worse under Pardew.

Appointing Pardew was the error, not sacking Pulis.

Based on last weeks comments from their chief executive I don't think they look too well set for a return next year either. They need a complete rebuild. They've got a ridiculously old squad, their wage bill is massive, there's no discipline at the club and by the sounds of it, no money either, which is utterly beyond belief when you look at what they've signed and what they get just for being in the league.

Major questions need asking of their new owners for me.

This really has been the most unbelievably bad season for West Brom ever. Combine this shambles with the fact Wolves and potentially Villa are going up too. I honestly think if you'd asked a West Brom fan in the summer what their nightmare season was it would still have been better than this.

Dean Smith linked with the role, Brummy who's already done good work with Walsall and now is so not surprised to see the link.

Seeing as he's already publicly denied speculation leading him to his boyhood club Villa to stay with us, I can't imagine he'll leave.

9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. I think sometimes fans get what they deserve

I agree that Arsenal fans deserve back to back relegation :ph34r:

No one knows a club better than their own fans. There's something pretentious about neutrals whom having watched next to none of a teams games pass judgement as to whether a manager is acceptably criticised by the fans or not simply by having a look at the league table on the bbc website. 

It keeps places like this going though.

As @Dan eluded too, sacking Tony Pulis after none months of dross and the money to turn it around wasn't the wrong thing do. The replacement was the wrong thing.

I get how Pardew could talk his way in to taking over a Tony Pulis team, but based on us it was never going to work 

It's a bit like Ipswich Town now in the sense there's no wrong answer over if Mick should stay or go.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Shows that they're small time if that's something to talk about when discussing the season.

Not really. It's just one part what's been a shit season from top to bottom for them.

Archived