talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 3rd April - Juventus 0-3 Real Madrid (QF 1st Leg)

• Subscriber

A shame Messi didn't score the exact same goal Ronaldo did. Would love to read through six pages of "Lionel fucking Messi does it again." and "That's the 17th different team Messi has scored against in the first five minutes of a Champions League game #GOAT".

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A shame Messi didn't score the exact same goal Ronaldo did. Would love to read through six pages of "Lionel fucking Messi does it again." and "That's the 17th different team Messi has scored against in the first five minutes of a Champions League game #GOAT".

What the hell are you on about? Ronaldo is amazing in scoring in the biggest games but he's become so limited these days. He's not got the same physique as in the old days nor dribbling. He's become a tactical player, who is the most unstoppable off-the-ball player in the world. That doesn't make him one of the best 5 players in the world compared to when he was arguably the best, where as Messi you could put him in any formation and he will always create magic.

I think it was Rebel who said it but Messi is magic, Ronaldo is effectiveness. He steps up when most needed.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

What the hell are you on about? Ronaldo is amazing in scoring in the biggest games but he's become so limited these days. He's not got the same physique as in the old days nor dribbling. He's become a tactical player, who is the most unstoppable off-the-ball player in the world. That doesn't make him one of the best 5 players in the world compared to when he was arguably the best, where as Messi you could put him in any formation and he will always create magic.

I think it was Rebel who said it but Messi is magic, Ronaldo is effectiveness. He steps up when most needed.

Does everyone need to bring it up every time he scores? We get it, people think Ronaldo is just a frontman, he's not very good at football etc etc. Aside from the fact it comes across as pathetically bitter it's just boring.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

I'm not saying any of that. I'm just laughing at the double standard of Ronaldo scoring in this game and the majority of people just mock him for it being a tap in whereas if Messi did the exact same thing we'd get endless pages of the Barcelona fan club having a cheeky wank together and posting tweets about Leo's latest records.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is Messi's version of a 'tap in' 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I'm not saying any of that. I'm just laughing at the double standard of Ronaldo scoring in this game and the majority of people just mock him for it being a tap in whereas if Messi did the exact same thing we'd get endless pages of the Barcelona fan club having a cheeky wank together and posting tweets about Leo's latest records.

I don't agree with the last sentence, but I'll give the first one the benefit of the doubt. Ronaldo was mocked in the old days too, and yes sometimes people are unfair on him but Messi has kept his magic throughout the years while Ronaldo has become more limited, so while it can get annoying, I think its a bit justified.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Does everyone need to bring it up every time he scores? We get it, people think Ronaldo is just a frontman, he's not very good at football etc etc. Aside from the fact it comes across as pathetically bitter it's just boring.

So you want us to lie then? A good footballer isn't the one that scores "important goals". German Carty was one of the most limited players I've seen and he fired Cienciano to a Sudamericana win with his goals, but he was crap. That's called "clutch" or "big game player". Not a "world class" player.

Now, I'm not saying Ronaldo isn't world class, but lets not pretend he's the same as he was. His mentality has evolved while his technique has greatly declined.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

you were the first one to bring Messi up in this thread :ph34r: 

Just now, Blue said:

So you want us to lie then? A good footballer isn't the one that scores "important goals". German Carty was one of the most limited players I've seen and he fired Cienciano to a Sudamericana win with his goals, but he was crap. That's called "clutch" or "big game player". Not a "world class" player.

Now, I'm not saying Ronaldo isn't world class, but lets not pretend he's the same as he was. His mentality has evolved while his technique has greatly declined.

What are you talking about. This is a thread about Juventus v Real Madrid, Ronaldo scores a goal and we get a deluge of the usual garbage about how Ronaldo scores easy goals, isn't really that good etc. This isn't in response to anybody either. There's a thread for Cristiano Ronaldo if you want discuss his apparently dwindling ability but it gets brought in every time he scores. 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

What are you talking about. This is a thread about Juventus v Real Madrid, Ronaldo scores a goal and we get a deluge of the usual garbage about how Ronaldo scores easy goals, isn't really that good etc. This isn't in response to anybody either. There's a thread for Cristiano Ronaldo if you want discuss his apparently dwindling ability but it gets brought in every time he scores. 

No one has mentioned Messi in this thread either. And yes, this is a thread about Juve vs Real Madrid. Ronaldo plays for Real Madrid, are we going to move all our "complaints" to the other thread when there is a matchday thread?

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I can't quite tell if you're doing it on purpose but you've just proved my point to perfection so cheers.

Apologies if you can't fully understand as to why people find goals that are made from sheer technique or momentsof brilliance ahead of tap-ins and penalties. 

Anyone that thinks Ronaldo isn't world class needs a slap. He's not the same player he used to be, but to reinvent himself from tricky winger to deadly striker is no easy task. And he's clearly still very good.

Just now, Blue said:

No one has mentioned Messi in this thread either. And yes, this is a thread about Juve vs Real Madrid. Ronaldo plays for Real Madrid, are we going to move all our "complaints" to the other thread when there is a matchday thread?

I've not mentioned Messi. The whole debate is tireseome.

Do what you like but it hardly adds the quality of the forum when threads for big games involving big sides endlessly repeat themselves. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I'd personally love to be limited and nothing compared to the player I was yet still be able to score 40+ goals a season in La Liga and the Champions League.

I have nothing against Ronaldo, but if I had to pick between being magical or limited but still scoring 40 goals per season as either, I'd go for magic. I find your logic here quite faulty.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd personally love to be limited and nothing compared to the player I was yet still be able to score 40+ goals a season in La Liga and the Champions League.

Me too. However I wouldn't have the audacity to call myself the best in history. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Apologies if you truly can't fathom as to why people find goals that are made from sheer technique or momentsof brilliance ahead of tap-ins and penalties. 

Messi scores his fair share of tap ins and goals from inside the six yard box whilst Ronaldo has also scored countless spectacular goals and goals from outside the box in his career. Ronaldo scored a tap in tonight and Messi scored a long range effort at the weekend. What's your point? Are you trying to say that tonight's goal represents all of Ronaldos goals and Sunday night's goal represents all of Messi goals? Because I could just as easily post a video of Messi scoring a goal from three yards out and act like that one piece of evidence out of the hundreds of goals he has scored in his career proves something...

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

I've not mentioned Messi. The whole debate is tireseome.

Do what you like but it hardly adds the quality of the forum when threads for big games involving big sides endlessly repeat themselves. 

The Messi - Ronaldo debate won't end until someone else wins the Ballon D'or or Ronaldo/Messi leaves for their country again. Its unfortunate, but that's the way top tier football is these days. 

I'm not bored of this debate. Yes, we repeat ourselves on and on, but no one is saying Ronaldo isn't world class. People can be unfair on him but if he keeps scoring tap ins, then yes people will bring up their point as that's the point they made. Its most people's mentality.

8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Couldn't agree more. That reminds me of a guy who said Cristiano wasn't that good because he only score goals. He only score goals! The PlayStation Brigade thinks dribbles are more important than goals.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I have nothing against Ronaldo, but if I had to pick between being magical or limited but still scoring 40 goals per season as either, I'd go for magic. I find your logic here quite faulty.

My logic isn't that Ronaldo is better than Messi because he isn't. I don't even like Ronaldo. My only beef here is the double standard from the majority of people on this forum which I explained in the previous page.

Actually, the Messi-Ronaldo debate is wonderful in my eyes.

We have 2 wonderful footballers playing the game in our moment, it can get heated and frustrating for a lot but we can look back at this moment in years time to think about who was the better of the 2, when we could possibly have only one clear best player in the world.

I love football debate and Messi vs Ronaldo is our version of Nintendo vs Sega. This will go on years and years, so lets enjoy it in its prime rather than complain about it.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 3rd April - Juventus 0-3 Real Madrid (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived