talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 3rd April - Juventus 0-3 Real Madrid (QF 1st Leg)

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

My logic isn't that Ronaldo is better than Messi because he isn't. I don't even like Ronaldo. My only beef here is the double standard from the majority of people on this forum which I explained in the previous page.

I agree that this forum is full of "Messi-lovers" but that's not really a reason to complain. They are a fan of the player. To be honest, most of the reason people act like that is because of Teso who you could argue goes over the top. That's perhaps one reason people are unfair on Ronaldo here, but again they are a fan of Messi. I'm not a "fan" say of either, but I do acknowledge who is the better player to join the debate. Nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Actually, the Messi-Ronaldo debate is wonderful in my eyes.

We have 2 wonderful footballers playing the game in our moment, it can get heated and frustrating for a lot but we can look back at this moment in years time to think about who was the better of the 2, when we could possibly have only one clear best player in the world.

I love football debate and Messi vs Ronaldo is our version of Nintendo vs Sega. This will go on years and years, so lets enjoy it in its prime rather than complain about it.

more fans need to appreciate seeing both playing at the same time.

I prefer Messi but can always appreciate how talented and committed and driven Ronaldo is which has taken him to the elite level of the game.

There's always gonna a be a divide, which is fine. it's when it gets to the point of negating either player's quality where it gets tiresome. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

I agree that this forum is full of "Messi-lovers" but that's not really a reason to complain. They are a fan of the player. To be honest, most of the reason people act like that is because of Teso who you could argue goes over the top. That's perhaps one reason people are unfair on Ronaldo here, but again they are a fan of Messi. I'm not a "fan" say of either, but I do acknowledge who is the better player to join the debate. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not complaining, Messi probably is the best player ever though I wouldn't presume to come to that conclusion myself as there are generations of footballers I've never seen play. However because of idiots that still try and perpetuate the Ronaldo v Messi argument, people don't give Ronaldo the credit he deserves, I assume because they don't want to breathe life back into the debate that isn't a debate. I'm here to balance things out.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not complaining, Messi probably is the best player ever though I wouldn't presume to come to that conclusion myself as there are generations of footballers I've never seen play. However because of idiots that still try and perpetuate the Ronaldo v Messi argument, people don't give Ronaldo the credit he deserves, I assume because they don't want to breathe life back into the debate that isn't a debate. I'm here to balance things out.

I agree, people are unfair on him. I don't think anyone on this forum is though, as well all acknowledge he is still a top player who steps up in big games but not the same as before. I'm just speaking football fans in general.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Actually, the Messi-Ronaldo debate is wonderful in my eyes.

We have 2 wonderful footballers playing the game in our moment, it can get heated and frustrating for a lot but we can look back at this moment in years time to think about who was the better of the 2, when we could possibly have only one clear best player in the world.

I love football debate and Messi vs Ronaldo is our version of Nintendo vs Sega. This will go on years and years, so lets enjoy it in its prime rather than complain about it.

I get what you're saying and personally I think Messi is the best player of his generation. I mean, the Messi-Ronaldo can be interesting, but when fanatism enters the discussion and all Ronaldo's qualities and achievements are denied or mocked it's problematic. I certainly see that tendence among Barcelona fans on Twitter and I hate it.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Messi scores his fair share of tap ins and goals from inside the six yard box whilst Ronaldo has also scored countless spectacular goals and goals from outside the box in his career. Ronaldo scored a tap in tonight and Messi scored a long range effort at the weekend. What's your point? Are you trying to say that tonight's goal represents all of Ronaldos goals and Sunday night's goal represents all of Messi goals? Because I could just as easily post a video of Messi scoring a goal from three yards out and act like that one piece of evidence out of the hundreds of goals he has scored in his career proves something...

Not really my point. Aside the hilarious fact that 70% of Ronaldo's goals in 2018 were a tap in or a penalty,  it isn't just goals for Messi. His ability trancends his goal scoring. His vision, his dribbling, his passing range, are easily just as important as his goal scoring. 

This isn't discrediting Ronaldo, as he will always be the  best LW in history in my eyes. But he isn't on the same pedestal as Messi. So when he wins awards ahead of those, where on a footballing element are more deserving choices, and has the audacity to claim himself the best in history, you can see why it pulls a few feathers when the majority he's done this season is either score from a penalty or be at the right place at the right time. 

30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A shame Messi didn't score the exact same goal Ronaldo did. Would love to read through six pages of "Lionel fucking Messi does it again." and "That's the 17th different team Messi has scored against in the first five minutes of a Champions League game #GOAT".

Just because you wanted someone to post something like this, im going to do it.  :ph34r:

Messi competes with Ronaldo, Salah and others for most goals in a season

Messi competes with De Bruyne, Silva, Ozil for most assists in a season

Messi competes with Neymar, Hazard for most dribbles in a season

Messi competes with Eriksen, Ozil and De Bruyne for most chances created in a season

Messi competes with Verratti, De Bruyne for most through balls in a season

Just now, El_Loco said:

I get what you're saying and personally I think Messi is the best player of his generation. I mean, the Messi-Ronaldo can be interesting, but when fanatism enters the discussion and all Ronaldo's qualities and achievements are denied or mocked it's problematic. I certainly see that tendence among Barcelona fans on Twitter and I hate it.

I can't stand most Barcelona and Real Madrid fans, but I'm just defending the Messi fans on this forum. I think they are just having a bit of banter about Ronaldo.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Not really my point. Aside the hilarious fact that 70% of Ronaldo's goals in 2018 were a tap in or a penalty,  it isn't just goals for Messi. His ability trancends his goal scoring. His vision, his dribbling, his passing range, are easily just as important as his goal scoring. 

This isn't discrediting Ronaldo, as he will always be the  best LW in history in my eyes. But he isn't on the same pedestal as Messi. So when he wins awards ahead of those, where on a footballing element are more deserving choices, and has the audacity to claim himself the best in history, you can see why it pulls a few feathers when the majority he's done this season is either score from a penalty or be at the right place at the right time. 

I get what you're saying. Like I say I don't even like Ronaldo but it's a bit tedious on here that every Messi goal gets ten posts of admiration then Ronaldo scores in a quarter final in the Champions League and people shrug it off. I don't need to repeat myself though, see above.

He's just scored again anyway. Does that one go down as a tap in or a bit of magic? xD

Juventus have been poor all season to be fair. They've just been effective, but this side is nothing on what they were last year.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 3rd April - Juventus 0-3 Real Madrid (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived