talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

I can't see a way we're gonna win this over 2 legs, They will surely score at least a couple tonight it just depends how many we can score and what kind of advantage we can bring to the Etihad. I reckon it will be 3-2 to Liverpool tonight but who the fuck knows really it's an unpredictable game.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Henderson was behind me driving up to Anfield down Utting Ave this afternoon in his Bentley. This was like 12:30 so was a bit surprised as I didn’t think the players arrived that early?

Probably video training. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Henderson was behind me driving up to Anfield down Utting Ave this afternoon in his Bentley. This was like 12:30 so was a bit surprised as I didn’t think the players arrived that early?

he needs all the training he can get tbh

I totally expect it to be the best tie amongst all of the QF match ups, cant seriously guess who will win but if I have to then I  believe city might go through over the two legs narrowly.  Looking forward to a cracker of a match this one.

Oh shit no Wijnaldum. In our win against them this season, Wijnaldum was pretty key to our midfield and once Milner was subbed on City came back into it. Having said that, I think Milner is one of the best midfielders we have & his leadership and work ethic will probably be vital today.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh shit no Wijnaldum. In our win against them this season, Wijnaldum was pretty key to our midfield and once Milner was subbed on City came back into it. Having said that, I think Milner is one of the best midfielders we have & his leadership and work ethic will probably be vital today.

I dont see a lot of Liverpool matches so I might be wrong, doesnt Milner play as a full back?

9 minutes ago, Asura said:

I dont see a lot of Liverpool matches so I might be wrong, doesnt Milner play as a full back?

Last season after Moreno was basically bombed out of the side, Milner was our left back mainstay. This season Moreno had a huge resurgence in form and got his spot back, then was injured and our new signing Andy Robertson has been phenomenal at left back. Milner's been a midfielder, mostly rotated in and out of the starting lineup and regularly substituted in this season. He's had a good year though, despite the less regular time on the pitch. Especially his performances in the CL.

Liverpool really need to try and take this game to City tonight if they want any hope of going through especially at home, City are well aware of the danger that Liverpool pose going forward but Liverpool also need a great defensive display to avoid conceding more than one away goal.. I am hoping it's going to be a great game but think it may just be tight and then all hell let loose in the second leg.. 

6 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Shameful behaviour from our 'fans' pelting the city bus like that fucking bunch of absolute cunts. No place in football for any of that lunacy. bus

They got a flare on the bus through a smashed window :cardY:   ....they are mongs not only for smashing the bus up but in the return leg there bus will have our mongs all over it now in retaliation which has to pass through one of the roughest parts of Manchester where the stadium is 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Hopefully Manchester City take them apart.

I thought you liked Liverpool?

Anyways, the Kop is a bit loud tonight, but I expect it to be a bit different within the 90 minutes just like when I saw them live vs Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I thought you liked Liverpool?

Anyways, the Kop is a bit loud tonight, but I expect it to be a bit different within the 90 minutes just like when I saw them live vs Arsenal.

No. Horrible club in many ways. I take an interest in both them and Everton as I live here but I have no real inclination to see them do well.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived