talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Can I just clarify.... 

What happened tonight as the City bus arrived was indeed shithouse behaviour and anyone who throws glass bottles in any walk of life is a cunt. 

Too little too late, mate. You've shown your true colours tonight

:ph34r:

46 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm sure you're now referring to more than just what I said but if you read back the post you initially quoted from me you'll notice that I already acknowledged that other Liverpool fans have accepted and said that it was cunty behaviour so yeah I'd say I have looked on here and quite clearly wasn't trying to say all Liverpool fans are shithouses...

Really no point getting your knickers in a twist because it's the same all the time when it comes to football fans. One Everton fan says something a bit bitter and SOME Liverpool fans will then use that to tar the entire Everton fan base as bitter blues, just as an example.

Nah it's not just you, there were at least 3 posts of pretty much the same shite after MadLad's words got misinterpreted. Some people just love a high horse to sit on when it comes to certain clubs.

I'm not sure I can remember the last time City played and didn't create a single clear cut chance, let alone not one shot on target. We are talking about a City team here that have scored for fun with an embarrassing riches of attacking options at their disposal. That in itself is enough to tell you exactly how comprehensively beaten they were tonight.

Liverpool's achilles heel for so many years, the defence, was their lynchpin. I was very impressed with their performance. The key to this tie for me is away goals. We all know Liverpool can score, but hands up, who really thought they would shut out City like they did? We'd have all bet on at least one City goal but there was hardly a sniff from the away team.

No silly keeping errors from Karius. Van Dijk marshalling the defence with an inspired Lovren beside him. Alexander Arnold and Robertson faultless at full back. It was one of those games where you felt City could have played to midnight and not scored.

Pep completely got it wrong tonight. He tinkered by taking Sterling out and Gundogan in. De Bruyne was too deep to influence the game offensively and Jesus was a passenger with no real service. By the time he changed it back, they were 3-0 down. Too late.

It's not over. Football is a funny game. City have stuck five past Liverpool once this season. If they get one or two early goals, you wouldn't back against them.

But what a golden chance this is for Liverpool now.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Anyone would think home fans throwing shit at the away bus is something new? 

Fuck me, it happens every week up and down the country. 

Anyway... TAA is fantastic and The Ox is ours. 

Some of the players got hit with bricks and flares, think we have a good case to get this game replayed behind closed doors :ph34r:

You've got to love Klopp... He's every other coach's nightmare with his chaotic brand of football.  I have absolutely no idea what Klopp gets his teams to play in terms of football.  Yeah, we get as far as seeing there's a formation, but from there oni it's just mayhem and other coaches don't know what to do with that. xD

I said that the worst draw Barcelona could've had would've been Liverpool and that result last night proves my point.

Excellent performance from Liverpool last night, pretty much in control all game long and defended deep in the last 20 minutes but truth to be told weren't troubled. After going 3-0 up i felt City would at least get one, but now they will have a big big task ahead of them as i am certain Liverpool can get at least one away goal. Salah as usual the top name on the pitch, but i felt that Robertson and Arnold were sublime stopping City's fast players. Overall a good team performance and i don't see anything but a Liverpool semi final spot, even tough you never know.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Of course it does. Are you trying to tell me that this is the first time an away team bus has arrived at a Stadium and had stuff thrown at it? Give over  

Even Vincent Company said it’s nothing new when asked about it after the match. His response was “I’m sure our lot will have it’s own little reception when they arrive”  

This really isn’t a first! It’s shit behaviour, it shouldn’t happen, but it does. This isn’t the first time. 

You said it happens every week, when it clearly doesn't. 

Some bollocks from the Palace fan. Some scallies in North Face is not Galatasary, it's bellend behaviour but if Manchester City are intimidated by that then they are very much the 'victims' here. 

Liverpool just got it right and exposed their flaws, without exposing their own. Manchester City are well capable of putting 4 past Liverpool in Manchester though.

What is it with the two Gulf State clubs (Man City and PSG) that are pumping everything and anything in the pursuit of acquiring victory in the Champions League and can't seem to get it done?

Both couldn't give a damn about winning in the domestic scene and that in itself is seen just as a bonus and addition to have a foothold  into using the product placement mechanics... But the target is the Champions League overall and it just isn't happening or looking to happen any time soon in my view because how many more players can you bring in or top coaches to get it done?

51 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool just got it right and exposed their flaws, without exposing their own. Manchester City are well capable of putting 4 past Liverpool in Manchester though.

They can, because if one goes in then usual another two or three follow when it comes to our defence. 

You'd still back us to get an away goal though, then it means 5 for them to win.

I think we will go through tbh, our average number of goals at home is 3 and we don't concede many so keep it a standard 3-0 home win then beat them in extra time  ..if they score invade the pitch so the game gets abandoned :ph34r:

The Liverpool bus is going to get smashed to fuck, sad state of affairs!!  ..shame our lot cant rise above it

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What is it with the two Gulf State clubs (Man City and PSG) that are pumping everything and anything in the pursuit of acquiring victory in the Champions League and can't seem to get it done?

Both couldn't give a damn about winning in the domestic scene and that in itself is seen just as a bonus and addition to have a foothold  into using the product placement mechanics... But the target is the Champions League overall and it just isn't happening or looking to happen any time soon in my view because how many more players can you bring in or top coaches to get it done?

in the first half City clearly underestimated Liverpool's defense or City is overconfident that they can score anytime.   the 2nd goal proves that.   chamberlain alone with a sea of City players but none of them citizens closed him down.      but on the second half, i have my balls up my throat haha.   Liverpool is lost in the woods, they did not keep possession.   They allowed City to play their game and scored a goal which unfortunately for City was rule off side.

anyhow, what's done is done.      Onward to the second leg.    i just hope the liverpool players will watch the replay and see their mistake in the 2nd half and make amends for it.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I think we will go through tbh, our average number of goals at home is 3 and we don't concede many so keep it a standard 3-0 home win then beat them in extra time  ..if they score invade the pitch so the game gets abandoned :ph34r:

The Liverpool bus is going to get smashed to fuck, sad state of affairs!!  ..shame our lot cant rise above it

You only need to concede 1 for this to be a massive uphill struggle..... and I can see that happening, You are either going to have to be very defensive which I don't see Pep going for or you throw everything into attack which leaves you vulnerable at the back. I think you will be dangerous and maybe even get a couple early on but 1 or 2 slips at the back and you are done for... If I was Klopp I would play exactly the same way in the second leg and go for goals.. no point in sitting back soaking it up and hoping for a break at some point that's just asking for trouble.. Get that vital away goal or more if possible

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You only need to concede 1 for this to be a massive uphill struggle..... and I can see that happening, You are either going to have to be very defensive which I don't see Pep going for or you throw everything into attack which leaves you vulnerable at the back. I think you will be dangerous and maybe even get a couple early on but 1 or 2 slips at the back and you are done for... If I was Klopp I would play exactly the same way in the second leg and go for goals.. no point in sitting back soaking it up and hoping for a break at some point that's just asking for trouble.. Get that vital away goal or more if possible

That is the worry, then we would need 5   ...the best approach for us would be to play all out attack but keep possession, keep the game around there box and try not to give them anything, id play

Ederson

Sterling - Kompany - Otamendi - Walker

Bernardo - De Bruyne - Silva

Jesus - Aguero - Sane 

Just keep the ball and go all out attack 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

That is the worry, then we would need 5   ...the best approach for us would be to play all out attack but keep possession, keep the game around there box and try not to give them anything, id play

Ederson

Sterling - Kompany - Otamendi - Walker

Bernardo - De Bruyne - Silva

Jesus - Aguero - Sane 

Just keep the ball and go all out attack 

I just don't see you not conceding but if Klopp learnt from it then Pep should be able to as well... A lot will hinge on both Aguero and Salah being available for both attacks on the night... Pool pressed you constantly in the first half of that game and never really gave you any chance to find any rhythm and when they allowed you possession in the second half they defended fairly well... You will have to have it right at both ends of the pitch where Liverpool really only need to get it right at one end.. either Defence or Attack... 

37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I just don't see you not conceding but if Klopp learnt from it then Pep should be able to as well... A lot will hinge on both Aguero and Salah being available for both attacks on the night... Pool pressed you constantly in the first half of that game and never really gave you any chance to find any rhythm and when they allowed you possession in the second half they defended fairly well... You will have to have it right at both ends of the pitch where Liverpool really only need to get it right at one end.. either Defence or Attack... 

It's advantage Liverpool but anything can happen on the night, an early sending off with a penalty could turn this thing on it's head   ..last time we played Liverpool at the Etihad we beat them 5-0 

I have watched Leroy since he was a kid and never have I seen him look as down and frustrated as much as last night.  Young Alexander-Arnold had a superb game and bottled Leroy up as he has never been bottled before!  The other side was just as firm and Kloppy seems to have sorted out the main threat - Keep Kevin deep and block the wings - no decent service back into the penalty area and no goals!  Sterling is/was a waste of time and against his old club was bound to fail with his inability to sort his head out.  Pep has some serious thinking to do otherwise Kloppy will win the battle of the managers - which really is what last night was about.  Next Tuesday will be worth waiting for because although Barce seem through, they do not have the strength at the back which Liverpool demonstrated last night - I know the centre backs are somewhat 'dodgy' at times - Joel's injury was somewhat of a blessing in disguise as he is sometimes still the daft kid he was  at Berger Feld!  Despite the 3-0 scoreline I still think it's anybody;'s final!

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's advantage Liverpool but anything can happen on the night, an early sending off with a penalty could turn this thing on it's head   ..last time we played Liverpool at the Etihad we beat them 5-0 

I think the most important note about that game at the Etihad was the Mane sending off and then the game really just turned on its head. Loss of possession and overloaded wings ruined any chance of us getting out of our half and then the demolition was complete. I don't think if it was an 11 v 11 the scoreline would be as flattering. Having said that, if Pep can find a way to let KDB operate at maximum efficiency unlike yesterday where he got harried into rushed decision making you'll will get far more joy. I don't think this tie is over, far from it, but I don't think its beyond this team to go to the Etihad and get a goal and apply more pressure. 

Oh and dont play Jesus. Aguero has a history against Liverpool and its strange that he wasn't used yesterday because he would most certainly have gotten a goal.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived