talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Anyone would think home fans throwing shit at the away bus is something new? 

Fuck me, it happens every week up and down the country. 

Anyway... TAA is fantastic and Chamerlain is ours. 

How many have you had tonight? Outrageous statement.

1 minute ago, StefBWFC said:

It's troubling, but perhaps not shocking, that you (or any Liverpool supporter) would defend that kind of behaviour. You'd be among the first to cry foul if it was the other way round.

Who’s defended it?

I said it happens up and down the country every week and it does. 

The way people on here are banging on it’s like this is the first time it’s happened. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

3-0 is about the worst result for City without it being beyond rescue. Still if Liverpool get one at the Etihad then City need 5. Massive uphill task but not impossible.

Good enough night for Liverpool and a good enough week for them when we don't even bother to turn up to the derby on Saturday so no point in me adding to the satisfaction by getting salty about decisions going their way, especially as I've not seen them :whistling:.

Good enough is really an  understatement. I honestly would have put 0-0 as my best case scenario before the game.  hoping for a 1-1 in the return... I'm shocked we did so well today. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How many have you had tonight? Outrageous statement.

Outrageous to claim that home fans throw stuff at an away bus? Come off it xD

Home fans have tipped busses on its side before ffs xD

The flairs made it look worse. 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Nope. Wasn't humour. Wow.

It does happen though, every week. 

Not sure what the uproar is all about?

Its not a nice thing to happen but it happens... all. the. time. 

Thats all I’m saying. 

14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Let's not let this result overshadow how pathetic it is that Liverpool fans gave themselves an unfair advantage by attacking the Manchester City bus.

Let's not forget to mention how the officials favoured them for the second match in a row, either.

Always the victim.

A massive shame that this Manchester City team will not be remembered as the dominating force they deserve be because of their lack of European success. 

You don't deserve to be remembered as a dominating force if you're not a dominating force.

On a separate note: creating a hostile atmosphere is fine and part of the game, but throwing things at the opposition crosses a line and is completely unacceptable. Feel the need to say that so people don't think I'm excusing it like MadLad is

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Outrageous to claim that home fans throw stuff at an away bus? Come off it xD

Home fans have tipped busses on its side before ffs xD

The flairs made it look worse. 

You said "every week up and down the country". That buses have been tipped over once or twice in the past is a bit different from that.

You lot really are poor at admitting slight fault in your club sometimes. You put one foot in the semi finals of the Champions League tonight, think you can swallow a tiny bit of pride and admit that it was shithouse behaviour from that small pocket of Liverpool fans to throw stuff at the visiting bus. There are other Liverpool fans who managed it earlier in the thread before even getting the 3-0 win.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

You don't deserve to be remembered as a dominating force if you're not a dominating force.

On a separate note: creating a hostile atmosphere is fine and part of the game, but throwing things at the opposition crosses a line and is completely unacceptable. Feel the need to say that so people don't think I'm excusing it like MadLad is

I’m not excusing fuck all xD

All I’ve said is that there is a lot of fewm over something that happens every week at games across the country. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You said "every week up and down the country". That buses have been tipped over once or twice in the past is a bit different from that.

You lot really are poor at admitting slight fault in your club sometimes. You put one foot in the semi finals of the Champions League tonight, think you can swallow a tiny bit of pride and admit that it was shithouse behaviour from that small pocket of Liverpool fans to throw stuff at the visiting bus. There are other Liverpool fans who managed it earlier in the thread before even getting the 3-0 win.

It was shithouse behaviour, I’ve never said any different! 

All I’ve said is that it’s nothing new so I don’t understand all the uproar? 

8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

But it doesn't?

Of course it does. Are you trying to tell me that this is the first time an away team bus has arrived at a Stadium and had stuff thrown at it? Give over  

Even Vincent Company said it’s nothing new when asked about it after the match. His response was “I’m sure our lot will have it’s own little reception when they arrive”  

This really isn’t a first! It’s shit behaviour, it shouldn’t happen, but it does. This isn’t the first time. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was shithouse behaviour, I’ve never said any different! 

All I’ve said is that it’s nothing new so I don’t understand all the uproar? 

Fair enough, I'll put it down to the way you've worded it though at least three other people have interpreted it the same way.

Problem is as soon as this sort of behaviour isn't met with outrage then that means we're just accepting it. 

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How the fuck does one person's opinion someone reflect on all of us though?

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough, I'll put it down to the way you've worded it though at least three other people have interpreted it the same way.

Problem is as soon as this sort of behaviour isn't met with outrage then that means we're just accepting it. 

Totally get you mate but seriously, I’m not condoning it whatsoever. 

Its nothing new though and I honestly don’t understand why tonight it’s being made a massive issue? One person on here even had the bollocks to make out that we won unfairly partly due to us unsettling their players by throwing things at their bus. I mean come on?!  What utter bollocks. 

It’s those sort of statements I take issue with and why I respond as I do, not that I condone behaviour such as tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The thing is mate, my opinion isn’t any different from everyone else’s. It was shithouse behaviour, there’s no getting away from that. 

My point was that it happens all the time yet never get mentioned but tonight for some reason it’s a massive thing and we won unfairly because we rattled their players. 

Its bollocks mate xD

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Clumsy wording with you lot, though I did say sometimes.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The thing is mate, my opinion isn’t any different from everyone else’s. It was shithouse behaviour, there’s no getting away from that. 

My point was that it happens all the time yet never get mentioned but tonight for some reason it’s a massive thing and we won unfairly because we rattled their players. 

Its bollocks mate xD

Pretty sure that about winning unfairly was a joke. Might be wrong.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Clumsy wording with you lot, though I did say sometimes.

Pretty sure that about winning unfairly was a joke. Might be wrong.

So may I xD I have had a few bottles to drink tonight though to be fair but I can assure you all, the empties went in the bin and not at City’s bus :D

Even if it was your opinion, it's a bit fucking stupid to then use that to be like "oh wow all you Liverpool supporters are cunts." Pretty sure you'll find shitloads of Liverpool supporters who think that grown men throwing beer cans at an away team's bus is both sad and pathetic. For instance, have you looked on here possibly?

But instead you get this whole sad shite about "always the victims" and other shit about how we're somehow scum of the earth because there's dickheads to support us. There's clubs who's fans stab people like it's still the 1980s, clubs with pro-fascist support groups, and fans that are famed for their racism (and clubs like Lazio that have all 3 - and even then... not all Lazio fans are Mousallini loving, Jew and black hating, murderers). I hate the word snowflake, but if you think we're the fucking scum of the earth in terms of football fans... you're fucking sad pathetic snowflakes.

Not as sad and pathetic as the people throwing beer bottles at the away bus, mind you. But still sad and pathetic.

Oh and suggesting that the result had anything to do with the fact that the players got rattled by our fans throwing shit at them is mental.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even if it was your opinion, it's a bit fucking stupid to then use that to be like "oh wow all you Liverpool supporters are cunts." Pretty sure you'll find shitloads of Liverpool supporters who think that grown men throwing beer cans at an away team's bus is both sad and pathetic. For instance, have you looked on here possibly?

But instead you get this whole sad shite about "always the victims" and other shit about how we're somehow scum of the earth because there's dickheads to support us. There's clubs who's fans stab people like it's still the 1980s, clubs with pro-fascist support groups, and fans that are famed for their racism (and clubs like Lazio that have all 3 - and even then... not all Lazio fans are Mousallini loving, Jew and black hating, murderers). I hate the word snowflake, but if you think we're the fucking scum of the earth in terms of football fans... you're fucking sad pathetic snowflakes.

Not as sad and pathetic as the people throwing beer bottles at the away bus, mind you. But still sad and pathetic.

Oh and suggesting that the result had anything to do with the fact that the players got rattled by our fans throwing shit at them is mental.

Bang on as per 👍

This is from the BBC website... I mean, WTF xD

Ben:I think we should be mindful about what happened to Man City on the way into the ground. No wonder they aren’t in their grove. It’s disgusting what’s happened

Mike: Wonder how much the events before the game affected City's first half performance? You could stop this by calling the game off and playing it at a neutral venue.

I expected a boring draw so this match was a really pleasant surprise. Some of the refereeing was dodgy  (Salah being offside, and Man City's goal not being offside), but Liverpool did deserve the win. I don't think they're in the clear yet as City is a very strong team capable of making something happen, but I do hope Liverpool go through. They're kind of a wild card as out of all the teams competing they're the least predictable in terms of quality, so if they go through, there's no telling how they'll fare in the semis and I like that element of surprise.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm sure you're now referring to more than just what I said but if you read back the post you initially quoted from me you'll notice that I already acknowledged that other Liverpool fans have accepted and said that it was cunty behaviour so yeah I'd say I have looked on here and quite clearly wasn't trying to say all Liverpool fans are shithouses...

Really no point getting your knickers in a twist because it's the same all the time when it comes to football fans. One Everton fan says something a bit bitter and SOME Liverpool fans will then use that to tar the entire Everton fan base as bitter blues, just as an example.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 4th April - Liverpool 3-0 Man City (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived