talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Premier League Title Winning Moment

What is the best title-winning moment in Premier League history?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best title-winning moment in Premier League history?

• Blackburn Rovers 1994/95
    • Manchester United 1998/99
    • Arsenal 2003/04
    • Chelsea 2009/10
    • Manchester City 2011/12

To expand on each one:

Blackburn Rovers 1994/95 - despite losing to Liverpool, Ludek Miklosko had the game of his career to deny Manchester United a victory against West Ham. Clinching the title for Blackburn.

Manchester United 1998/99 - In a confusing afternoon for Spurs fans, Manchester United had to beat Spurs to stop Arsenal winning the title. It was the first of three trophies that season.

Arsenal 2003/04 - during the season of the invincibles Arsenal clinched the title against their rivals Tottenham before going a whole league campaign unbeaten.

Chelsea 2009/10 - Chelsea beat Wigan 8-0 to clinch the title ahead of United on the final day of the season.

Manchester City 2011/12 - Aguero.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

i partly voted for the Man City 'Aguerooooo' moment purely because of the reaction of the Utd fans who thought they'd won it then seeing a mixture of shock, despair and disappointment of the news filtering through that the Argentinian had bagged a winner. 

Image result for man utd fans aguerooo gif

Image result for man utd fans aguerooo gif

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Aguero's last minute winner isn't that great as Manchester City are such a detestable, oil baron club. 

Yeah, which is why i would never consider it the best. That and QPR knew they were staying up. 

If Leicester did that however with Vardy, no question. 

20 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Remember watching Agueros goal live and seeing Fergie waving the United players off the pitch was glorious.

But in 94-95 you got to see a team beat United to it(no thanks to Liverpool on the day of course) and lift the title at Anfield. That's got to be a more special moment for you, surely? :hh:

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I can’t see that ever being beaten. 

Probably why it wasn't added mate like when Blue done the best World Cup goal ever and the Maradona 86 goal wasn't added so as to make it more spicy. O.o

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Greatest final championship clinching moment was 1989 at Anfield. Nothing else compares!

34 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I can’t see that ever being beaten. 

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Probably why it wasn't added mate like when Blue done the best World Cup goal ever and the Maradona 86 goal wasn't added so as to make it more spicy. O.o

or because the question was best 'Premier League' title-winning moment.

Football began in 1992 I'll have you know :D 

Archived