talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cristiano Ronaldo's Greatest Footballing Period

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

He's in the goalscoring form of his life but in terms of absolute footballing form that isn't now. I couldn't say when at Real Madrid because I've not paid enough attention to La Liga for most of the time he's been there but he was unbelievable in his last two years at Manchester United.

• Administrator

as Rando said, goalscoring form yes.

But overall, no. Where was he after the Club World Cup? it was only since late January he (and the team) have got their act together. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

as Rando said, goalscoring form yes.

Incorrect

2013 was by far his best goalscoring year, I believe he bagged 66? All I remember is him scoring hattrick after hattrick. This is far from his best moment. Its easy to pay attention to him due to his consistency at scoring against sides like Bayern, Juve but before he did the same with everyone and not just bigger teams. 

It seems quite clear that he is conserving himself during the early parts of the season so as to be ready for finale. Last season it worked perfectly in the league and Champions League, this season they have slumped in the league but look shit hot in Europe again, in no small part due to Ronaldo's form. I think Real Madrid are generally weaker than last year but with Ronaldo in this form and Isco in the form of his life another Champions League is very achievable.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Incorrect

2013 was by far his best goalscoring year, I believe he bagged 66? All I remember is him scoring hattrick after hattrick. This is far from his best moment. Its easy to pay attention to him due to his consistency at scoring against sides like Bayern, Juve but before he did the same with everyone and not just bigger teams. 

Depends if you class "form" as an entire year or something like the last two months.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Depends if you class "form" as an entire year or something like the last two months.

I remember being blown away by 2013 Cristiano. He was showing an unreal footballing ability overall and was getting rewarded for it. Its not like he did a whole bunch of tricks and got nothing in return, but he did indeed.

I'm not sure but I think I read that these past two months are his best scoring record in that amount of time.  Not his best football by a long shot because that hasn't manifested itself in years, but he's an ultimate scoring machine when on this form and should be commended for it.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Incorrect

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

yep, this.

Last 2 months have been ridiculous.

17 hours ago, Blue said:

Incorrect

this calendar year he's scored almost twice as many goals as europe's next highest scorer  (salah).

On 4/4/2018 at 14:36, The Palace Fan said:

With all the media outlets queuing up to claim that Cristiano Ronaldo is in the form of his life, it made me wonder, when do you think Cristiano Ronaldo has gone through his best footballing period?

maybe that's the reason why Uefa helped Real qualify tonight. Ronaldo is a moving advertisement and his presence in CHL is essential.

quilles13.jpg

Archived