20 members have voted

1. 1. Ibra Fever - Bigger than Beckham?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Before Beckham came the MLS was not as big as it is now and football abroad in the USA didn't have the audience as it does today, now it is much bigger so any big player now will make a bigger impact then when Beckham joined.  

Yeah Beckham got it going. He has been instrumental in growing the MLS. It's a shame through really. Football isn't big in America and there are better leagues with less of a big profile e.g as far as I am aware liga MX isn't broadcast on British TV even though the teams are generally better

21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah Beckham got it going. He has been instrumental in growing the MLS. It's a shame through really. Football isn't big in America and there are better leagues with less of a big profile e.g as far as I am aware liga MX isn't broadcast on British TV even though the teams are generally better

Yeah its the branding of the product, when i went to Mexico i saw a few games, it was fantastic football. Very entertaining and attacking. 

4 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Yeah its the branding of the product, when i went to Mexico i saw a few games, it was fantastic football. Very entertaining and attacking. 

Yeah I use to know a mexican girl. They love football. I saw England play Mexico before the 2010 world cup. I was talking to a fan who had come over just for the game.  Is liga MX broadcast in England? I think @Stan watches it? Is it on TV or do  you stream it?

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I use to know a mexican girl. They love football. I saw England play Mexico before the 2010 world cup. I was talking to a fan who had come over just for the game.  Is liga MX broadcast in England? I think @Stan watches it? Is it on TV or do  you stream it?

Nah I don't watch it mate. Not sure if it's broadcast here either. 

Brazilian Football is on BT Sport sometimes and MLS is on Sky Sports. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Nah I don't watch it mate. Not sure if it's broadcast here either. 

Brazilian Football is on BT Sport sometimes and MLS is on Sky Sports. 

An right. Like I was saying it's a shame. I mean the A league is shown on BT but shortly liga MX is better.

On 4/18/2018 at 09:33, Stan said:

varying climates? Hasn't he already had that with a season in Manchester and pretty much all around Europe?

Also, 'phenomenal' is a bit of a stretch. The goals on his debut were quite special (one in terms of ability and the header in terms of the derby winner), but it's only been a couple of games in a league he is far too good for anyway even at 36 xD 

The climate change from Chicago to LA is bigger than pretty much all of Europe xD 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Spike said:

The climate change from Chicago to LA is bigger than pretty much all of Europe xD 

You do know what British weather is like, right? 

On 4/30/2018 at 17:12, Teso dos Bichos said:

Whatever you do, don't get liga mx advice/info from Blue... He thinks he knows, but he doesn't.

Brian -"Since they allowed more foreign players, chivas has gone down because they only play mexicans"...few weeks later, that only Mexican players team won the concacaf CL versus Toronto(Bradley and Giovinco's team) 😂

Love the league(btw the playoffs start this week, I believe. )

Just saw this, you do realize Chivas are near the bottom right?

The Liga MX isn't a top standard but it's very entertaining football. I think sometimes mentality let's the league down, as Tigres in particular are known to choke in big games against teams from other countries. I'm a big fan of the league, and I would have it as the third best league in the Americas behind Argentina and Brazil, but I wouldn't put it in the top 10 leagues in the world. What can't be denied is that there is talent there.

On 19/04/2018 at 00:08, Kitchen Sales said:

People who know little or nothing of soccer ball know who Beckham is. They don't know Ibrahimovic, even if you try and help them remember by doing the Joey Barton big nose hand sign

Just like people who don't know a single word of English know who Micheal Jackson is 

• 1 year later...

Man City boss Pep Guardiola accused of ‘hiding’ by Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Speaking to Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport, the current LA Galaxy player accused Guardiola of ‘hiding’ from him when he returned to play Barcelona.

“There was never any confrontation, he made sure of that,” Ibrahimovic said.

“When they played against my team, I went back to the dressing room after the game and he was in a room waiting for me to leave.

“At the door, one of his assistants told him: ‘Ibra has gone, you can come out now.’

“I never understood why. 

“On television he always plays the tough guy but when there’s a real meeting face-to-face, he hides. 

“As a coach he is a phenomenon, but as a man…” 

It is not the first time Ibrahimovic has publicly blasted Guardiola.

In his autobiography, the striker recalled an altercation between the two after Barcelona’s Champions League semi-final defeat to Inter Milan. 

“I yelled: 'You haven't got any b****!’ and worse than that I added: 'You can go to hell!’” I brahimovic wrote. 

“I completely lost it, and you might have expected Guardiola to say a few words in response, but he’s a spineless coward. 

He just picked up the metal box [that I had kicked], like a little caretaker, and then left, never to mention it again, not a word.”

In the same interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Ibrahimovic expressed his admiration for Jose Mourinho. 

“Mourinho will always be the Special One,” Ibrahimovic said. “He had an incredible impact on my career. 

“I’d love to see him back in the dugout. Wherever he goes next, he will succeed.” 

Dailystar.com

Archived