talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSV Eindhoven's Technical Director Marcel Brands Set to Join Everton

PSV Eindhoven's technical director Marcel Brands looks set to join Everton later this month, once the team have been confirmed as Eredivisie champions, say Sky sources.

The Dutch side are seven points clear with five games left to play and could win the title at home against Ajax on April 15, a match live on Sky Sports.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

Interesting. Maybe he'll help identify some more Davy Klaasen's.

Klaassen will be a good player under a manager who knows how to use him. Whether that's at Everton or elsewhere who knows.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Klaassen will be a good player under a manager who knows how to use him. Whether that's at Everton or elsewhere who knows.

Yeah, just a tongue in cheek comment pal, I know he's had limited chances and cannot be fairly judged.

Not got the best record with Dutch players from my mind though have you? Van Der Meyde, Drenthe, Heitinga come to mind?

• Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

Yeah, just a tongue in cheek comment pal, I know he's had limited chances and cannot be fairly judged.

Not got the best record with Dutch players from my mind though have you? Van Der Meyde, Drenthe, Heitinga come to mind?

Yeah, totally shambolic really. Heitinga did have one awesome spell though which saw him get the Fans Player of the Year award or close if I remember correctly.

Drenthe was bags of talent and scored on his debut then disappeared from sight amidst stories that he turned up an hour late to training with four prostitutes in his car.

Van der Meyde struggled, main thing I remember him for is feeling for the guy when he got robbed and he couldn't find his dog so made a tearful appeal to get his dog back and didn't care about the actual stuff that was stolen.

Stekelenburg is pretty useless as well.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah, totally shambolic really. Heitinga did have one awesome spell though which saw him get the Fans Player of the Year award or close if I remember correctly.

Drenthe was bags of talent and scored on his debut then disappeared from sight amidst stories that he turned up an hour late to training with four prostitutes in his car.

Van der Meyde struggled, main thing I remember him for is feeling for the guy when he got robbed and he couldn't find his dog so made a tearful appeal to get his dog back and didn't care about the actual stuff that was stolen.

Stekelenburg is pretty useless as well.

Van der Meyde's story is interesting. His time at Everton overlapped with lots of personal problems in his life and his descent into being an alcohol and getting addicted to cocaine - and needing to go back to Amsterdam to piece his life back together.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Van der Meyde's story is interesting. His time at Everton overlapped with lots of personal problems in his life and his descent into being an alcohol and getting addicted to cocaine - and needing to go back to Amsterdam to piece his life back together.

suppose weed is better than cocaine. 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

They were good players before they joined Everton. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Van der Meyde's problems started to happen in Italy, he got homesick,  also he missed his friends and is best friends with Zlatan who tried to help him in Italy .   I am not sure what made move to Liverpool but maybe it be a bit more similar to Holland, again he was homesick, he had problems with his marriage which fell apart, that led him on the drink and drugs as he fell into deep depression.  Sad really as he was such a great player at Ajax,  his book is a very interesting read. 

24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He comes with quite the reputation. As someone who obviously follows Dutch football closely is there anything further you can add? 

What exactly is his methods? How has he managed to propel PSV so much?

Yea he is a good person who puts very good business deals together,  also he put a good structure in Place at PSV,  hired Philip Cocu, which has worked out so good,   There is rumours that Cocu might be leaving PSV so maybe he might come to Everton, he is different to Koeman, very tacticial and a pure football man.    Brands also has a good scouting network when it comes to buying players,  its a bit different in Holland as the work permit issues aren't as strict in football then in England, so PSV scout a lot in South America and Mexico, unearthed some big talent.   I think it will work well with Brands at Everton but again you need a coach who is used to a director of football who is very hands on with doing the deals.     Also Chelsea wanted Brands as well so Everton have done well to get him.  

Archived