• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Most Victories, Draws and Losses

Recommended Posts

football forum

Brazil with the most wins, Italy with the most draws and Mexico with the most losses. Is anyone really shocked here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well Brazil have been in the most world cups so that would make sense given they've had more chance to win more games.

Having said that, Germany have scored the most goals - 224. 

England have been knocked out of the most tournaments without losing a match xD 

Mexico been knocked out of the most tournaments without winning a match (6 times).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stan said:

well Brazil have been in the most world cups so that would make sense given they've had more chance to win more games.

Having said that, Germany have scored the most goals - 224. 

England have been knocked out of the most tournaments without losing a match xD 

Mexico been knocked out of the most tournaments without winning a match (6 times).

That sounds England as fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

The Mexico stat isn't even that bad either as to have lost that many games they have to at least qualified or advanced through enough legs to lose some.

It would be much more embarrassing to never get there or do little whilst there. 

agreed, just means they don't have enough longevity. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The Mexico stat isn't even that bad either as to have lost that many games they have to at least qualified or advanced through enough legs to lose some.

It would be much more embarrassing to never get there or do little whilst there. 

 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

agreed, just means they don't have enough longevity. 

 

 

You're both wrong.

If we're talking seriously, Mexico has that stat due to qualifying playing some farmers every 4 years but get to the actual tournament and do fuck all. I'm not talking recently though as I actually do think Mexico are a decent side, I'm talking about before 1986 which was their first decent side. Before, not only did they have even less competition (USA were all amateurs back then) but were really not that good a side compared to now. Hence why they have the most losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends when Mexico are losing those games really. If they’re continually losing in the Group Stages, which I don’t think they are, that’s a bad thing, if they’re losing quarter finals and knockout games, that’s a misleading stat as they’re actually progressing, they just don’t have enough to get to the next level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Cannabis said:

So where does this leave Peru?

Don't know and don't care. I just don't think we can be blamed for not qualifying given we play in a very tought continental qualifying zone. We've qualified for this world cup anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Depends when Mexico are losing those games really. If they’re continually losing in the Group Stages, which I don’t think they are, that’s a bad thing, if they’re losing quarter finals and knockout games, that’s a misleading stat as they’re actually progressing, they just don’t have enough to get to the next level. 

You did not read my post above. Mexico got all those losses pre-1986 when they were a terrible side. Now they are actually decent and if they were like this since the beginning of time, they wouldn't have the most losses. They were one of the few professional teams in CONCACAF in the 20th century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Look at this stat. They had only won 1 game before 1970, which was their own World Cup in 6 different tournaments, and didn't go onto win again until 1986. Proves my point really. 

1d5f1582ecd169e81e0d9c359bf1d2bf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their record until the World Cups they hosted is atrocious but absolutely irrelevant. Their record since of getting out of the group stage at 7 consecutive World Cups is far from embarrassing for a country of Mexico's size and standing (but only slightly less irrelevant).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Their record until the World Cups they hosted is atrocious but absolutely irrelevant. Their record since of getting out of the group stage at 7 consecutive World Cups is far from embarrassing for a country of Mexico's size and standing (but only slightly less irrelevant).

Erm, yes that's what I said :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brazil and Sweden have faced each other more than any other teams at the world cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blue said:

You did not read my post above. Mexico got all those losses pre-1986 when they were a terrible side. Now they are actually decent and if they were like this since the beginning of time, they wouldn't have the most losses. They were one of the few professional teams in CONCACAF in the 20th century.

You’re right, I don’t read your posts. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

You’re right, I don’t read your posts. 

The day you stop being so negative and stop trying to feed your vendettas is the day you'll realize some people here are better posters than you think. Rise above the dislike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue said:

The day you stop being so negative and stop trying to feed your vendettas is the day you'll realize some people here are better posters than you think. Rise above the dislike.

You throw this line about negativity around yet me not reading your posts isn’t being negative. Yeah, I might do but I’ve read enough of yours to realise you’re not one of those people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

You throw this line about negativity around yet me not reading your posts isn’t being negative. Yeah, I might do but I’ve read enough of yours to realise you’re not one of those people. 

I put my best effort to put the best posts I can. If you don't like them that's up to you, but it just makes me think you have a clear vendetta and don't want to rise above the dislike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I put my best effort to put the best posts I can. If you don't like them that's up to you, but it just makes me think you have a clear vendetta and don't want to rise above the dislike.

if he doesn't want to read your posts, that's his choice, so be it.

don't take it personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Blue said:

I put my best effort to put the best posts I can. If you don't like them that's up to you, but it just makes me think you have a clear vendetta and don't want to rise above the dislike.

Your self-opinion is unbelievable. You’re like a shit, South American version of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

::Spider man mirror meme:: practice what you preach simpleton.

 

Ok Pinnochio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2018 at 19:47, RandoEFC said:

Their record until the World Cups they hosted is atrocious but absolutely irrelevant. Their record since of getting out of the group stage at 7 consecutive World Cups is far from embarrassing for a country of Mexico's size and standing (but only slightly less irrelevant).

They were banned in 1990 as that is when @Teso dos Bichos was born :coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised Mexico have a pretty pathetic record in the World Cup. Sure, they're the best CONCACAF team. But that's like being the thinnest person in a group of morbidly obese people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only England know how to lose without losing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement