talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Victories, Draws and Losses

Brazil with the most wins, Italy with the most draws and Mexico with the most losses. Is anyone really shocked here?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

well Brazil have been in the most world cups so that would make sense given they've had more chance to win more games.

Having said that, Germany have scored the most goals - 224. 

England have been knocked out of the most tournaments without losing a match xD 

Mexico been knocked out of the most tournaments without winning a match (6 times).

4 hours ago, Stan said:

well Brazil have been in the most world cups so that would make sense given they've had more chance to win more games.

Having said that, Germany have scored the most goals - 224. 

England have been knocked out of the most tournaments without losing a match xD 

Mexico been knocked out of the most tournaments without winning a match (6 times).

That sounds England as fuck.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

The Mexico stat isn't even that bad either as to have lost that many games they have to at least qualified or advanced through enough legs to lose some.

It would be much more embarrassing to never get there or do little whilst there. 

agreed, just means they don't have enough longevity. 

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The Mexico stat isn't even that bad either as to have lost that many games they have to at least qualified or advanced through enough legs to lose some.

It would be much more embarrassing to never get there or do little whilst there. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

agreed, just means they don't have enough longevity. 

You're both wrong.

If we're talking seriously, Mexico has that stat due to qualifying playing some farmers every 4 years but get to the actual tournament and do fuck all. I'm not talking recently though as I actually do think Mexico are a decent side, I'm talking about before 1986 which was their first decent side. Before, not only did they have even less competition (USA were all amateurs back then) but were really not that good a side compared to now. Hence why they have the most losses.

Depends when Mexico are losing those games really. If they’re continually losing in the Group Stages, which I don’t think they are, that’s a bad thing, if they’re losing quarter finals and knockout games, that’s a misleading stat as they’re actually progressing, they just don’t have enough to get to the next level. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

So where does this leave Peru?

Don't know and don't care. I just don't think we can be blamed for not qualifying given we play in a very tought continental qualifying zone. We've qualified for this world cup anyways.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Depends when Mexico are losing those games really. If they’re continually losing in the Group Stages, which I don’t think they are, that’s a bad thing, if they’re losing quarter finals and knockout games, that’s a misleading stat as they’re actually progressing, they just don’t have enough to get to the next level. 

You did not read my post above. Mexico got all those losses pre-1986 when they were a terrible side. Now they are actually decent and if they were like this since the beginning of time, they wouldn't have the most losses. They were one of the few professional teams in CONCACAF in the 20th century.

Look at this stat. They had only won 1 game before 1970, which was their own World Cup in 6 different tournaments, and didn't go onto win again until 1986. Proves my point really. 

1d5f1582ecd169e81e0d9c359bf1d2bf.png

• Subscriber

Their record until the World Cups they hosted is atrocious but absolutely irrelevant. Their record since of getting out of the group stage at 7 consecutive World Cups is far from embarrassing for a country of Mexico's size and standing (but only slightly less irrelevant).

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Their record until the World Cups they hosted is atrocious but absolutely irrelevant. Their record since of getting out of the group stage at 7 consecutive World Cups is far from embarrassing for a country of Mexico's size and standing (but only slightly less irrelevant).

Erm, yes that's what I said :/ 

14 hours ago, Blue said:

You did not read my post above. Mexico got all those losses pre-1986 when they were a terrible side. Now they are actually decent and if they were like this since the beginning of time, they wouldn't have the most losses. They were one of the few professional teams in CONCACAF in the 20th century.

You’re right, I don’t read your posts. 

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

You’re right, I don’t read your posts. 

The day you stop being so negative and stop trying to feed your vendettas is the day you'll realize some people here are better posters than you think. Rise above the dislike.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

The day you stop being so negative and stop trying to feed your vendettas is the day you'll realize some people here are better posters than you think. Rise above the dislike.

You throw this line about negativity around yet me not reading your posts isn’t being negative. Yeah, I might do but I’ve read enough of yours to realise you’re not one of those people. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

You throw this line about negativity around yet me not reading your posts isn’t being negative. Yeah, I might do but I’ve read enough of yours to realise you’re not one of those people. 

I put my best effort to put the best posts I can. If you don't like them that's up to you, but it just makes me think you have a clear vendetta and don't want to rise above the dislike.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I put my best effort to put the best posts I can. If you don't like them that's up to you, but it just makes me think you have a clear vendetta and don't want to rise above the dislike.

if he doesn't want to read your posts, that's his choice, so be it.

don't take it personally.

58 minutes ago, Blue said:

Your self-opinion is unbelievable. You’re like a shit, South American version of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2018 at 19:47, RandoEFC said:

They were banned in 1990 as that is when @Teso dos Bichos was born :coffee:

Archived