• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Saturday 7th April - Everton 0-0 Liverpool

Everton vs Liverpool  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. The Result

  2. 2. Red Card to be Shown?

  3. 3. Penalty to be Awarded?



Recommended Posts

Kick-off 12.30

Coverage - sky.PNG

everton.PNG     VS     b297d8b4ac5b5ce9ff69fed5706e3de2219b4f88

Last 5 Matches
Everton 1-3 Man City
Stoke 1-2 Everton
Everton 2-0 Brighton
Burnley 2-1 Everton
Watford 1-0 Everton

Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 5-0 Watford
Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Porto
Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle

Stadium Developments
Concept pictures revealed designs of Everton's new stadium recently.
The Anfield Road Stand at Anfield is due to be expanded.

Match Info
Liverpool are currently on the longest unbeaten run in the Merseyside derby matches - 16 games.
Liverpool have been awarded 10 penalties since the war at Goodison Park; 7 for Everton
The last red card between the two was for Ramiro Funes Mori on 20th April 2016. 
The last red card in this fixture (Everton at home) was for Jack Rodwell in October 2011.
Liverpool's last red card was in February 2010 (Sotiros Kyrgiakos) in the derby.
28 goals have been scored in the last 10 games between the 2 sides.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0-4 if Liverpool can be arsed.

1-2 if they can't really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

With the second leg being next week you might take it easy, so long as its not an embarrassment I'll take it. Winning might create too much of a euphoria and prompt the board to keep Sam.

Before the Palace match, Klopp described all of our remaining matches as "finals" so I don't know how easy we'll be taking things in terms of effort. But I suspect that if we're still in the CL tie after tonight, that we'd see some pretty heavy rotation. Where you might be up against Ings instead of Firmino & Salah/Mane sitting for Woodburn/Solanke or something along those lines. Which would be a lot easier to defend against than our normal front 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Before the Palace match, Klopp described all of our remaining matches as "finals" so I don't know how easy we'll be taking things in terms of effort. But I suspect that if we're still in the CL tie after tonight, that we'd see some pretty heavy rotation. Where you might be up against Ings instead of Firmino & Salah/Mane sitting for Woodburn/Solanke or something along those lines. Which would be a lot easier to defend against than our normal front 3.

It's more that when you get your 2-0 lead in 30 minutes (or less) will you be arsed carrying on or preserve energy for the CL game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Just play the kids

I'd be very tempted to if I were Klopp. Although I think Firmino's early withdrawal might have been with an eye on Saturday.

I think none of the usual front 3 should start. I'd throw Solanke and Ings up there. Henderson being out for the 2nd leg against Citeh means he should certainly play the full 90 though. Matip's out for the rest of the year and Klavan wasn't available for this, I presume because of injury. This makes me want to let the CBs have a break, because an injury to Lovren or, especially, Van Dijk, would be pretty disastrous at this stage. Moreno should also get a run out because there's no way anyone other than Robertson should be out there against Citeh.

Because of Chelsea's loss, we've got a bit of breathing room... and with the lack of depth and the CL match around the corner, there's a solid argument for playing the kids. But getting the 3 points and getting a bit closer to CL qualification up earlier would be helpful if we do end up making it to the semis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd be very tempted to if I were Klopp. Although I think Firmino's early withdrawal might have been with an eye on Saturday.

I think none of the usual front 3 should start. I'd throw Solanke and Ings up there. Henderson being out for the 2nd leg against Citeh means he should certainly play the full 90 though. Matip's out for the rest of the year and Klavan wasn't available for this, I presume because of injury. This makes me want to let the CBs have a break, because an injury to Lovren or, especially, Van Dijk, would be pretty disastrous at this stage. Moreno should also get a run out because there's no way anyone other than Robertson should be out there against Citeh.

Because of Chelsea's loss, we've got a bit of breathing room... and with the lack of depth and the CL match around the corner, there's a solid argument for playing the kids. But getting the 3 points and getting a bit closer to CL qualification up earlier would be helpful if we do end up making it to the semis.

Completely agree. Ideal scenario is rest players and still win. That would really wind them up!

Klopp was talking post match as if he will rest players

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Completely agree. Ideal scenario is rest players and still win. That would really wind them up!

Klopp was talking post match as if he will rest players

Could be a good time to test Clyne's fitness also.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put the under 13s out. If they're wearing Liverpool shirts our lot will shit their pants and lose anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty weird both us and City have local derbies in between the 2 legs of our CL tie.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty weird both us and City have local derbies in between the 2 legs of our CL tie.

funny how the fixture list almost always has the Merseyside and Manchester derbies on the same weekend each season...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only big worry with derbies is injuries (the same applies to the international break). I don't think Klopp will let his foot off the gas maybe have the players do a short rotation out of the first half (where we seem to statistically do the most damage anyways). The key for us is that the defenders don't get into any kind of injures because the line that played on Wednesday is the exact same one required next week for the City clash. 

I also agree with getting players like Woodburn, Solanke, Ings and Clyne time out on the pitch. If you want to impress the manager this is the best kind of game to do it in. I'd even say start with Ings because he is far more hungry to score than Solanke and its a shame the amount of effort he puts in hasn't yielded a goal yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Dijk should be watching this one at home. Just can't risk him getting injured ahead of Tuesday. Is Woodburn fit? You'd definitely play him if so. I think Klopp may start with Firmino. Brought off after 70 minutes on Wednesday probably with tomorrow in mind. Bring him off after an hour whatever the score though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Van Dijk should be watching this one at home. Just can't risk him getting injured ahead of Tuesday. Is Woodburn fit? You'd definitely play him if so. I think Klopp may start with Firmino. Brought off after 70 minutes on Wednesday probably with tomorrow in mind. Bring him off after an hour whatever the score though.

As much as it pains me to say this having Van Dijk and Lovren rested for this is important or given minimal playing time. I know a lot of people don't rate Lovren very highly but he is the partner that is fit to play with Van Dijk and if he gets injured then its going to be catastrophic next week against City. I don't think getting the front three to play should be any issue as Klopp can rotate them out post the first half. Maybe overload the midfield and go from there that way the team can spend more time in possession instead of absorbing attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

As much as it pains me to say this having Van Dijk and Lovren rested for this is important or given minimal playing time. I know a lot of people don't rate Lovren very highly but he is the partner that is fit to play with Van Dijk and if he gets injured then its going to be catastrophic next week against City. I don't think getting the front three to play should be any issue as Klopp can rotate them out post the first half. Maybe overload the midfield and go from there that way the team can spend more time in possession instead of absorbing attacks.

You haven't seen much of Everton under Allardyce have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You haven't seen much of Everton under Allardyce have you?

Haha. I have but I still think given the day and the occasion anything can happen and I'd rather we walked away with a win here even if the opposition call themselves dire and incapable of playing any kind of attack football to trouble anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really couldn’t give a flying fuck about this game, more a hindrance than something to look forward to. 

Play the kids, as in literally play the U23’s. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some great comments from Allardyce in today’s press conference. 

“We were below West Brom when I come in, look where we are now and where they are now” 

xD

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Some great comments from Allardyce in today’s press conference. 

“We were below West Brom when I come in, look where we are now and where they are now” 

xD

 

I just hope they don’t sack the whopper. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2018 at 16:56, Stan said:

funny how the fixture list almost always has the Merseyside and Manchester derbies on the same weekend each season...!

It's fixed for TV. Ridiculous, they'll do anything to make SKY happy but fuck the fans, I know this instance doesn't really matter but they'll have fans travelling all over at ridiculous times without a care in the world if it suits SKY demands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I expect this to be one of the flattest derbies in recent times.

Yeah I can't remember a derby where neither side really seems arsed. Everton fans just want the season over mostly and most of us just don't want to risk any injuries before any CL matches.

Ings is probably starting though, which will be his first start in 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conor Masterson, Curtis Jones and Rafael Camacho not in the under 23s squad tonight so you would assume they'll be involved one way or another tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Some great comments from Allardyce in today’s press conference. 

“We were below West Brom when I come in, look where we are now and where they are now” 

xD

 

Best part is that we were actually 14th and West Brom 17th when he took over but I'm still grateful we've secured the achievement of being above West Brom (in the top 19) now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's talking about how great Liverpool are right now off the back of a huge victory. 

This is exactly when we lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've bravely taken salah out of my fantasy team. FUcking hope he doesn't play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Harry said:

Everyone's talking about how great Liverpool are right now off the back of a huge victory. 

This is exactly when we lose. 

 

12 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

I have a bad feeling that we will lose today. 1-0 Everton.

Right on cue every year xD. Everton haven't won a Merseyside derby since 2010.

2010.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morgan fucking Schneiderlin. I wish I could get paid 80,000 a week for jogging around on a football pitch looking lost and offering nothing besides the fact that I was apparently decent for a year at Southampton three years ago.

Keane to be at fault for two Liverpool goals, Rooney to commit more fouls than completed passes and either get sent off or subbed off, Bolasie to piss me off for laughing when he tries two stepovers and gives the ball away when we're 2-0 down, one of our actually decent players to get injured and miss the rest of the season.

Seriously don't care how fit Gueye is or isn't, should be in ahead of Schneiderlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with that. Rooney and Schneiderlin is a pathetic midfield.

 

Honestly, I think Solanke is the worst player i've seen in the prem this season. He'll probably score now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement