football forum

Everton vs Liverpool  

10 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. Red Card to be Shown?

3. 3. Penalty to be Awarded?

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What a shit, flat atmosphere. 

If these lot can’t even make a noise in a Derby, what’s it going to be like in a brand new, half empty stadium? 

Liverpool B should be winning this. 

Lets hope you struggle away next week too :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I'm a bit unwell. So having a chilled weekend. Thought I would watch this. But, fuck me, it's been so shit I think I feel worse. 

Feel better mate. Also yeah this match is extra shite, and I woke up at 4:30 my time to watch it.

Solanke isn't very good.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Feel better mate. Also yeah this match is extra shite, and I woke up at 4:30 my time to watch it.

Solanke isn't very good.

It’s a shame our better chances have fallen to him to be honest. He’s tried hard bless him but he’s not a natural finisher unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s a shame our better chances have fallen to him to be honest. He’s tried hard bless him but he’s not a natural finisher unfortunately. 

He plays like an Everton player, like poo.

Nah that's pretty harsh on him. He definitely is trying hard, but he's been very frustrating.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Solanke isn't very good.

Off the top of my head, I can't actually remember an entertaining game between the two. Not to knock the significance of the derby or the rivalry but the game as a spectacle has never really appealed to me. Of course, you look at the managers involved in it over the years and this plays a part but I watched many games involving Moyes, Martínez or Koeman against the bigger clubs and found them entertaining. There also seems to be a mentality issue there with Everton which plays a part also when they face Liverpool. When I was looking at the fixtures the other day, I more or less saw this as another game, nothing more. It's a great rivalry, passionate and pure but as a spectacle it's been rather dull a lot of the times over the years.

• Subscriber

I thought individually our players pretty much all did well. 6s across the board with 7s for Jagielka and Pickford.

Our setup though was absolutely awful and Walcott, Rooney, Bolasie all had no impact on the game because of the roles they were asked to play. 

Given a lot of stick to Schneiderlin and Keane this season but they did alright today.

None of these positives anything to shout about though against a heavily weakened Liverpool side.

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Off the top of my head, I can't actually remember an entertaining game between the two. Not to knock the significance of the derby or the rivalry but the game as a spectacle has never really appealed to me. Of course, you look at the managers involved in it over the years and this plays a part but I watched many games involving Moyes, Martínez or Koeman against the bigger clubs and found them entertaining. There also seems to be a mentality issue there with Everton which plays a part also when they face Liverpool. When I was looking at the fixtures the other day, I more or less saw this as another game, nothing more. It's a great rivalry, passionate and pure but as a spectacle it's been rather dull a lot of the times over the years.

If you're looking at it from a neutrals point of view the 3-3 a few years ago is the best. The rest has been us twatting them or boring 0-0's or 1-1's.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If you're looking at it from a neutrals point of view the 3-3 a few years ago is the best. The rest has been us twatting them or boring 0-0's or 1-1's.

Aye 3-3 with Lukaku scoring twice and Sturridge late equaliser or there was the 2-2 with Suarez last minute goal disallowed.

It's about our mentality. When Liverpool have the advantage we crumble. Days like today when it could go either way we've been happy not to lose. Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Annoying how shit we were tonight. 

Winning momentum coming into the man city game would have put us in better stead than a dour draw with a few slightly fresher players...

Today's result will have absolutely no bearing on Tuesday's result. It was always about getting through the game without anymore injuries when we're already down to the bare bones.

• The title was changed to Saturday 7th April - Everton 0-0 Liverpool
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived