talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 7th April - Man City 2-3 Man Utd

football forum

Man City vs Man Utd  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Man City Win This Game And The League Today?

• Yes
    • YES
    • Most definitely
    • No, they'll bottle it
    • Obviously, Stan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Subscriber

Be funny if people could actually give Mourinho and United some credit where it's due. Tactical masterclass no but pretty gutsy performance rattling City and turning them over 3-0 in the second half in their back yard.

Also laughing at United fans on Facebook celebrating a win against their city rivals in that fashion is ridiculous. If they're not allowed to get excited over what they did today then what the fuck are they to get excited about?

Weird some people.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Be funny if people could actually give Mourinho and United some credit where it's due. Tactical masterclass no but pretty gutsy performance rattling City and turning them over 3-0 in the second half in their back yard.

Also laughing at United fans on Facebook celebrating a win against their city rivals in that fashion is ridiculous. If they're not allowed to get excited over what they did today then what the fuck are they to get excited about?

Weird some people.

10 year ago they would of brushed this off and carried on. Now, they are celebrating as if this game gave them silverware. 

How dearly the mighty have fallen. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

10 year ago they would of brushed this off and carried on. Now, they are celebrating as if this game gave them silverware. 

How dearly the mighty have fallen. 

10 years ago if they'd come from 2-0 down to beat City 3-2 they'd still have celebrated it and they'd be weird if they didn't.

True it may not have been one of the highlights of their season like it is this time but I find it bizarre under any circumstances that you can get laughed at for celebrating a win over your local rivals.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

10 years ago if they'd come from 2-0 down to beat City 3-2 they'd still have celebrated it and they'd be weird if they didn't.

True it may not have been one of the highlights of their season like it is this time but I find it bizarre under any circumstances that you can get laughed at for celebrating a win over your local rivals.

No they wouldn't. Its fine to celebrate a game like any normal person would, but I'm seeing long posts celebrating the win as if they just won the league. Posts like "this is Man United!" utter cringe.

They literally won a game that stopped City from winning the league only for that novelty to wear off next week when they do win it. It wasn't at Old Trafford either.

I always celebrate when Peru win posting it on Facebook but I don't go into long posts unless we beat someone like Brazil or Argentina or if we qualify for the World Cup. That makes me sound silly. Imagine saying "This is Peruvian football" for winning against Bolivia ffs.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

No they wouldn't. Its fine to celebrate a game like any normal person would, but I'm seeing long posts celebrating the win as if they just won the league. Posts like "this is Man United!" utter cringe.

They literally won a game that stopped City from winning the league only for that novelty to wear off next week when they do win it. It wasn't at Old Trafford either.

I always celebrate when Peru win posting it on Facebook but I don't go into long posts unless we beat someone like Brazil or Argentina or if we qualify for the World Cup. That makes me sound silly. Imagine saying "This is Peruvian football" for winning against Bolivia ffs.

you clearly don't understand the rivalry then if you can't appreciate that a club has just beaten their city rivals. 

For United fans it's not about the title or delaying it a week for City. Everyone knows City are winning it. Jose has even admitted so and said they've been the best team in the league. Most Utd fans would say the same. But what's wrong with having their moment of glory over their rivals? Maybe they feel that encapsulates their club?

Coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 is a great effort in itself. It's emphasised given the fact it's over your arch rivals. 

Just now, Stan said:

you clearly don't understand the rivalry then if you can't appreciate that a club has just beaten their city rivals. 

For United fans it's not about the title or delaying it a week for City. Everyone knows City are winning it. Jose has even admitted so and said they've been the best team in the league. Most Utd fans would say the same. But what's wrong with having their moment of glory over their rivals? Maybe they feel that encapsulates their club?

Coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 is a great effort in itself. It's emphasised given the fact it's over your arch rivals. 

I do understand the rivalry but as Cicero said, United fans wouldn't do this in the old days. They would show pride and happiness and that is that. It really shows how far they have fallen that they can hardly handle City these days and winning agaisnt them means a lot more then it did as far as even 5 years ago.

Winning a rivalry is nice, but it shouldn't feel the same as winning a title. That's a small club mentality. Its like Torino beating Juventus, I'm not saying Torino are a small club but they have fallen so far since the plane crash and now they'd do anything to beat Juve. For Juve however, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

couldn't help but laugh then. 

One of them looked dangerously like @Happy Blue. Deffo saw the several protein shake bottles that all the tears were falling in to :ph34r: 

xD ...Crying is not in my DNA mate, especially over a sports game lol  ...it was a good result, the pitch is in tact and the season is not over yet plus we really won the game 5-3 with the 2 clear penalty's we was robbed of again #videoRefNextSeasonFFS!!   ...we should of scored 10 too, Pep best sort out our finishing!

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I do understand the rivalry but as Cicero said, United fans wouldn't do this in the old days. They would show pride and happiness and that is that. It really shows how far they have fallen that they can hardly handle City these days and winning agaisnt them means a lot more then it did as far as even 5 years ago.

Winning a rivalry is nice, but it shouldn't feel the same as winning a title. That's a small club mentality. Its like Torino beating Juventus, I'm not saying Torino are a small club but they have fallen so far since the plane crash and now they'd do anything to beat Juve. For Juve however, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

just a sign of the times. They've beaten their rivals. Let them celebrate how they want to xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

just a sign of the times. They've beaten their rivals. Let them celebrate how they want to xD 

They can celebrate anyway they want, but them acting like they won the title strikes me as small time, and reminds me how far they have fallen. I'm not passionate enough to call them out anyways, no point.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

They can celebrate anyway they want, but them acting like they won the title strikes me as small time, and reminds me how far they have fallen. I'm not passionate enough to call them out anyways, no point.

Unless there's loads of Man Utd fans saying that this win is like or better than winning the title then this is just your interpretation of their celebrations. There's also millions of Man Utd fans who aren't posting on Facebook about it and are just quietly relieved that they'll never have the bad memory of City securing a title in a Manchester derby and happy to get some breathing space in the battle for 2nd place so you can't judge an entire fanbase as small time because of a minority of Facebook posters getting carried away.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Unless there's loads of Man Utd fans saying that this win is like or better than winning the title then this is just your interpretation of their celebrations. There's also millions of Man Utd fans who aren't posting on Facebook about it and are just quietly relieved that they'll never have the bad memory of City securing a title in a Manchester derby and happy to get some breathing space in the battle for 2nd place so you can't judge an entire fanbase as small time because of a minority of Facebook posters getting carried away.

Who said I was judging an entire fanbase? I am judging most of my friends list. I opened Facebook and saw a load of posts that reminded me of how far United have fallen. I'm not saying they are a small club, I'm just saying that they have fallen and posts like this prove it even more to me because I know some of these people and they wouldn't have been like this in the old days.

I have no issues with people saying Manchester is Red or things like that, but 400 word posts about them beating City is not something I would have seen from them when United are good. 

I hate the cunts, but why the fuck wouldnt you celebrate a come back like that against your rivals? Weird criticism to make. 

Sterling was a right bellend today. He buries just one of those chances and city win that game. Going in half time only 2 up gave the slags hope. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Who said I was judging an entire fanbase? I am judging most of my friends list. I opened Facebook and saw a load of posts that reminded me of how far United have fallen. I'm not saying they are a small club, I'm just saying that they have fallen and posts like this prove it even more to me because I know some of these people and they wouldn't have been like this in the old days.

I have no issues with people saying Manchester is Red or things like that, but 400 word posts about them beating City is not something I would have seen from them when United are good. 

I do get what you're saying and maybe I'm wrongly putting you in the same box as other people who are taking the piss out of them rather than just making a comment like yours but I just can't understand why people mock fans for celebrating a win. It's like when people laugh at West Ham for celebrating like they've won a trophy if they beat Chelsea or how people say their smaller rivals won their "cup final" when they beat them. What should they do? Not celebrate? Made my point enough times here anyway.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I do get what you're saying and maybe I'm wrongly putting you in the same box as other people who are taking the piss out of them rather than just making a comment like yours but I just can't understand why people mock fans for celebrating a win. It's like when people laugh at West Ham for celebrating like they've won a trophy if they beat Chelsea or how people say their smaller rivals won their "cup final" when they beat them. What should they do? Not celebrate? Made my point enough times here anyway.

They are allowed to celebrate, in fact I actually do it myself on social media whenever Peru wins but only a few words matter in my point: how the mighty have fallen. That is all I am saying. We are a team that hasn't been to the world cup in 40 years, so its more natural to get carried away. Maybe I'm taking things for granted given 5 years at club level is like 15 at international, but I'm just saying its weird to see the United fans that I know make those long posts and I think it comes down to the club falling from grace since SAF retired.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

2nd game in a row we have been cheated by poor ref's  :cardY:   ...zero English refs at the world cup and it's easy to see why

I know you wouldn't change anything in the setup from last night's match but what, in your opinion, went wrong? Please put aside the shit refereeing, everyone has been at the wrong end of that stick this season.

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I know you wouldn't change anything in the setup from last night's match but what, in your opinion, went wrong? Please put aside the shit refereeing, everyone has been at the wrong end of that stick this season.

We thought we had it in the bag at half time even with a weakened team so we eased off trying to save energy for Liverpool and paid for it   ....plus we are not on top form at the minute too, how many good chances did we miss?? ...then you have the ref allowing young to handball which stopped Sterling scoring a tap in and then he allows young to try break Aguero's leg in the box, ref should be sacked!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

We thought we had it in the bag at half time even with a weakened team so we eased off trying to save energy for Liverpool and paid for it   ....plus we are not on top form at the minute too, how many good chances did we miss?? ...then you have the ref allowing young to handball which stopped Sterling scoring a tap in and then he allows young to try break Aguero's leg in the box, ref should be sacked!

Agree on this you'll did miss a lot of chances to make the game easier on yourselves but at 2 goals up the attention had shifted to next week so its only natural that energy levels dropped. I also agree that it was a handball but as I said in my earlier post that going after poor refereeing is a rabbit hole that has no relevance considering every team has been dicked by the refs in games this season. Still think you'll are going to put on a masterclass next week and we'll meet a very different City. 

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Agree on this you'll did miss a lot of chances to make the game easier on yourselves but at 2 goals up the attention had shifted to next week so its only natural that energy levels dropped. I also agree that it was a handball but as I said in my earlier post that going after poor refereeing is a rabbit hole that has no relevance considering every team has been dicked by the refs in games this season. Still think you'll are going to put on a masterclass next week and we'll meet a very different City. 

This game really didn't matter as we only need 6pts to win the league but the poor refereeing at Anfield could put us out the CL, that game should of been 2-2  ...you had an offside goal, we had a good goal ruled out and not given a clear penalty on Sterling, 2 games running we have been robbed, you cant just say forget the bad refereeing ..something needs doing about it, we need video refs at every game with the power to over turn bad calls made by the on field refs

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

This game really didn't matter as we only need 6pts to win the league but the poor refereeing at Anfield could put us out the CL, that game should of been 2-2  ...you had an offside goal, we had a good goal ruled out and not given a clear penalty on Sterling, 2 games running we have been robbed, you cant just say forget the bad refereeing ..something needs doing about it, we need video refs and every game with the power to over turn bad calls made by the on field refs

Let's talk how bad the refereeing has been all season long and previous seasons as well and yet nothing seems to be done about it at any level. They're trying to introduce VAR to rule out these kinds of issues but its been met with a lot of hit and miss. The only time people say it works is when someone feels aggrieved (cue team that is in a position to lose due to bad decision making) and the decision is overturned but we've seen just as many blunders with technology assistance as we've seen some of the worst human-based decisions in the sport. The argument then gets thrown in that refs need the most help they can get but alas that is short-lived for a week until the next game comes along and its all forgotten at the end of the season and swept under the carpet waiting for the next mishap to occur.

If you ask me the real solution here is the same that gets applied to simulation punishments, punish the fucking refs for poor decision making and let them stew on what to do when a big decision has to be made. Right now, they get away with it because who can remember the last time a ref had to come out and apologize for making a bad decision to overturn a critical moment in a game or seen a ref get punished for a decision that turned a game on its head? They are protected and its wrong because it cultivates a sense of "I can't ever be wrong even if everyone thinks it" and if that changes I guarantee you won't need any technology to help them make the decisions they have to.

VAR might be the long-term solution here but I've gotten accustomed to refs making poor decisions now. Its become entrenched into how the game operates and while it may not be favorable on the day to one team arguing about it, to me, is about as pointless as a statement like "If xyz was fit we'd have skinned this lot". 

25 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Let's talk how bad the refereeing has been all season long and previous seasons as well and yet nothing seems to be done about it at any level. They're trying to introduce VAR to rule out these kinds of issues but its been met with a lot of hit and miss. The only time people say it works is when someone feels aggrieved (cue team that is in a position to lose due to bad decision making) and the decision is overturned but we've seen just as many blunders with technology assistance as we've seen some of the worst human-based decisions in the sport. The argument then gets thrown in that refs need the most help they can get but alas that is short-lived for a week until the next game comes along and its all forgotten at the end of the season and swept under the carpet waiting for the next mishap to occur.

If you ask me the real solution here is the same that gets applied to simulation punishments, punish the fucking refs for poor decision making and let them stew on what to do when a big decision has to be made. Right now, they get away with it because who can remember the last time a ref had to come out and apologize for making a bad decision to overturn a critical moment in a game or seen a ref get punished for a decision that turned a game on its head? They are protected and its wrong because it cultivates a sense of "I can't ever be wrong even if everyone thinks it" and if that changes I guarantee you won't need any technology to help them make the decisions they have to.

VAR might be the long-term solution here but I've gotten accustomed to refs making poor decisions now. Its become entrenched into how the game operates and while it may not be favorable on the day to one team arguing about it, to me, is about as pointless as a statement like "If xyz was fit we'd have skinned this lot". 

The FA should look at hiring the best refs from around the world and demoting most English refs to lower league games as none of them are fit to ref high stake games

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The FA should look at hiring the best refs from around the world and demoting most English refs to lower league games as none of them are fit to ref high stake games

Think UEFA and the FA might take offense to that the latter being more appalled and fight against it. Plus, its extremely political even if we'd like to think it isn't. Something needs to change however and its weird that FIFA has decided against no English refs at the WC which should be a quiet slap on the head to the FA about the standard of refereeing in the country but guess what? Its always going to be same old story and lackadaisical attitude that has always existed. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Think UEFA and the FA might take offense to that the latter being more appalled and fight against it. Plus, its extremely political even if we'd like to think it isn't. Something needs to change however and its weird that FIFA has decided against no English refs at the WC which should be a quiet slap on the head to the FA about the standard of refereeing in the country but guess what? Its always going to be same old story and lackadaisical attitude that has always existed. 

UEFA made the right decision, no english ref is fit to ref at the world cup, they are not even fit to ref a Premier League game most of them 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived