talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 7th April - Man City 2-3 Man Utd

football forum

Man City vs Man Utd  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Man City Win This Game And The League Today?

• Yes
    • YES
    • Most definitely
    • No, they'll bottle it
    • Obviously, Stan

This poll is closed to new votes

the only thing that's positive to come out of this derby is the humble words of Jose which is nothing short of miraculous :D 

"Of course they are frustrated because they wanted to do it today, but I congratulate them for the title because they are going to win and deservedly," he added.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

The FA should look at hiring the best refs from around the world and demoting most English refs to lower league games as none of them are fit to ref high stake games

Why would lower league teams want shit refs?

5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Why would lower league teams want shit refs?

Never understood thar logic either.  If a ref performs terribly on a regular basis, then give him time off, don't gofuck up somebody else's day. 

I’ve watched United (as in able to understand and comprehend the game) since the very early 90’s. Wins against City have always been celebrated, but also the manner. Let’s put this win in some context......

We’ve just beaten one of the best teams ever at Premier League level on their home patch to stop them winning the title in record time.

We were 2-0 down at half. City haven’t lost a game in 10 years after being 2-0 up at league level.

They’re our immediate local rival ffs.

I for one didn’t post about it on FB. Stan, Martin, any number of posters can vouch for that. Just out of interest Brian, are any of those people posting on your FB local fans? Or English? Or even been to a game? Genuine question, not looking for an argument.

It’s a completely different mentality when most none European fans go bigging it up on FB about European teams. You only have to check out official club pages to see what utter fucking shite 99% of them post. It’s embarrasing, but unfortunately it’s just the way it is now. Whether it’s Real, Barsa, Munich, Dortmund,Juve, United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. 

I feel sorry for the decent knowledgable fans from abroad that they get lumped in with these bellends, just like I get lumped in with majority glory hunters. 

Spanked off Liverpool in the quarters of the Champions league, then beaten at home in a game they were winning 2-0, which would have won the league(in style by beating their rivals) and they bottle it. It's most likely fatigue catching them up though as it's been a long season and it's difficult to keep up that momentum. They will still win the league either way, but with how they have been playing all season, the Champions league is also a competition they should have been looking at winning, so it'll be disappointing from their respective to go out in the quarters.

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Spanked off Liverpool in the quarters of the Champions league, then beaten at home in a game they were winning 2-0, which would have won the league(in style by beating their rivals) and they bottle it. It's most likely fatigue catching them up though as it's been a long season and it's difficult to keep up that momentum

No way is it fatigue, not in this case mate.  A lot of the City players (the majority) are very high end players and that deletes any case of fatigue because the physical situation they find themselves in is the same one as others they're competing against.

For me the last two games and their significance with the eventual results is a clear case of a mental issue surrounding a few of them and that spells bottling to me.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve watched United (as in able to understand and comprehend the game) since the very early 90’s. Wins against City have always been celebrated, but also the manner. Let’s put this win in some context......

We’ve just beaten one of the best teams ever at Premier League level on their home patch to stop them winning the title in record time.

We were 2-0 down at half. City haven’t lost a game in 10 years after being 2-0 up at league level.

They’re our immediate local rival ffs.

I for one didn’t post about it on FB. Stan, Martin, any number of posters can vouch for that. Just out of interest Brian, are any of those people posting on your FB local fans? Or English? Or even been to a game? Genuine question, not looking for an argument.

It’s a completely different mentality when most none European fans go bigging it up on FB about European teams. You only have to check out official club pages to see what utter fucking shite 99% of them post. It’s embarrasing, but unfortunately it’s just the way it is now. Whether it’s Real, Barsa, Munich, Dortmund,Juve, United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. 

I feel sorry for the decent knowledgable fans from abroad that they get lumped in with these bellends, just like I get lumped in with majority glory hunters. 

No mate, they aren't local fans. Probably a point I should've brought up. They are Canadians.

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You are a glory hunter though. As soon as Man Utd fell off the top you decided you'd rather have unprotected sex with a woman and deal with the consequences instead of watching a 0-0 draw at home to Stoke :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You are a glory hunter though. As soon as Man Utd fell off the top you decided you'd rather have unprotected sex with a woman and deal with the consequences instead of watching a 0-0 draw at home to Stoke :ph34r:

It hurts because it’s true 😂

11 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I had no doubts that man utd was going to win the game.

Really mate... I'm always curious when people make that kind of statement.

Just to make sure though...

The games Man Utd haven't won this season, or better said, the games they've lost... Did you have doubts lingering before said games?

Former referee Keith Hackett believes Martin Atkinson’s one-sided performance at the Etihad Stadium in yesterday’s Manchester derby is proof of why no English referees have been invited to the 2018 World Cup.

Atkinson made a string of errors in favour of eventual winners Manchester United, most noticeably failing to give the most nailed-on penalty you will ever see when Ashley Young slid in studs-first on Sergio Aguero.

In his article for the Telegraph, Hackett, who is counted amongst the top 100 referees of all time in a list maintained by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics, wrote:

“If you want proof of why no English referee will be represented at this summer’s World Cup finals in Russia, look no further than Martin Atkinson’s performance at the Etihad on Saturday.

“Ashley Young should already have conceded a penalty in the first half for a handball, but his challenge on Sergio Aguero in the second half was not only a nailed-on penalty, but also a definite red card for the United player. It was a shocker – reckless, out of control and a foul that endangered the opposing player.

“You could not get a clearer case for a sending-off and I simply do not understand how Martin did not see it as such. He also seemed to be cutting his assistant, Stephen Child, out of the decision-making process; given the positioning of Child, he should have made a point of consulting him.”

Manchester City’s defeat to Manchester United postponed their Premier League title win, which will have to wait even beyond Saturday’s trip to Tottenham, with United – the only team who could still technically stop City winning the league – not playing until a day later.

• Subscriber

Definitely think this last week has exposed Man City a bit defensively again. Fantastic side, but the best in the league's history? Afraid not for me.

21 hours ago, Dan said:

Definitely think this last week has exposed Man City a bit defensively again. Fantastic side, but the best in the league's history? Afraid not for me.

Still adamant that our 04-06 side and United's 07-09 team would top them. Reckon even our 2010 team could as well. 

Saw this the other day. Mourinho's best XI vs Guardiola's best XI

De Gea

Zanetti----Lucio---Terry------Cole

Makelele

Sneijder----Lampard

Robben-----------------------Ronaldo

Drogba

Lewandowski

Ribery---------------------Messi

Xavi---Iniesta

Busquets

Alaba--Puyol---Pique---Lahm

Neuer

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Still adamant that our 04-06 side and United's 07-09 team would top them. Reckon even our 2010 team could as well. 

Saw this the other day. Mourinho's best XI vs Guardiola's best XI

De Gea

Zanetti----Lucio---Terry------Cole

Makelele

Sneijder----Lampard

Robben-----------------------Ronaldo

Drogba

Lewandowski

Ribery---------------------Messi

Xavi---Iniesta

Busquets

Alaba--Puyol---Pique---Lahm

Neuer

Don't know about you but I think Guardiola's side is a lot more scarier than Mou's. The player in Mou's XI that I really wanted to see do well was Wesley. Such a shame what happened to the man.

Archived