talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA Champions League 2017/18 - Semi Final Draw

football forum

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

funny how the league has gone downhill yet Real can still only win it twice in 9 years. Hmm. 

Well Why are Barcelona out the champions league?   Real have rested Ronaldo and Bale alot, also Zidane has rotated his squad alot in the league.  

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Well Why are Barcelona out the champions league?   Real have rested Ronaldo and Bale alot, also Zidane has rotated his squad alot in the league.  

focus on the league :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Yea but really if you ask any top team, I think the champions league is the overall goal like any player.  Real Cannot win everything, why are Barcelona out of the Champions League if they are so good?  

Clough and Shankly valued the league over the European Cup. So did Sir Alex and so did Pep and Mourinho. What are you talking about? 

If anything, it just goes to show that Real Madrid are a cup team considering they can never balance the league and Champions league. Last year was the first time since the 50's Real Madrid have won the league and Champions league in the same season. Barca have done it every single time. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Clough and Shankly valued the league over the European Cup. So did Sir Alex and so did Pep and Mourinho. What are you talking about? 

If anything, it just goes to show that Real Madrid are a cup team considering they can never balance the league and Champions league. Last year was the first time since the 50's Real Madrid have won the league and Champions league in the same season. Barca have done it every single time. 

Barcelona are more consistent in the league yeah but the way they went out in the Champions league is embarrassing for their standards, to lose to such an average team, even Barcelona players turned on their own coach because of it and he is about to win the league title.    Pep cannot win the Champions league, he is a poor coach in cup competitions. 

8 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Pep cannot win the Champions league, he is a poor coach in cup competitions. 

Yet he has won it the same amount of times as Mourinho, Ancelotti, and Zidane. 

We going to forget all those domestic cups he's won to furthur suit your agenda?

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

All them legends (puyol, messi, Iniesta,xavi, suarez, Henry, eto'o, etc ) and NEVER won back to back CL O.o

One of my favourite players of all time Eto'o won the Champions League in back to back seasons. With Barca in 2009 and Internazionale the following year. The only player to do so with different teams in successive seasons.  Both times as part of the Treble.

One of the best most prodigiously gifted natural strikers of all time.

"Comment tu t'appelle?

Je m'appelle Samuel!""

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yet he has won it the same amount of times as Mourinho, Ancelotti, and Zidane. 

We going to forget all those domestic cups he's won to furthur suit your agenda?

Pep was handed a great team at Barcelona, when did he win the champions league at Bayern?  or even more so with man city in the last 2 seasons?  he got nowhere near.

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Pep was handed a great team at Barcelona, when did he win the champions league at Bayern?  or even more so with man city in the last 2 seasons?  he got nowhere near.

A team that finished 3rd the year before and got rid of their two most influential players in Deco and Ronaldinho. He's made it to the semi final every year with Bayern only to be bettered by the eventual winners. 

I look forward to your next red herring 

Just now, Cicero said:

A team that finished 3rd the year before and got rid of their two most influential players in Deco and Ronaldinho. He's made it to the semi final every year with Bayern only to be bettered by the eventual winners. 

He was actually employed at Munich to win the champions league because anyone could win the league with Bayern.  The board of Munich were very disappointed with his overall achievements and was labelled a failure.   

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

@VanPaddy may or may not know that both Deco and Ronaldinho leaving were down to advice from Johan Cruyff himself. Infact I know VanPaddy is having a laugh because Pep is Cruyff’s disciple in every football sense of the word and breathes and lives football through Cruyff’s eyes that unfortunately are no longer with us. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

@VanPaddy may or may not know that both Deco and Ronaldinho leaving were down to advice from Johan Cruyff himself. Infact I know VanPaddy is having a laugh because Pep is Cruyff’s disciple in every football sense of the word and breathes and lives football through Cruyff’s eyes that unfortunately are no longer with us. 

I still stand by his career at Munich was a failure.

Just now, Cicero said:

7 Major honors in 3 seasons a failure. Couldn't make this shit up. xDI forgot about the sheer dominance Bayern had in the league before Guardiola 

It actually came from the board, even Pep said he was a failure there. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

It actually came from the board, even Pep said he was a failure there. 

If Guardiola wanted to win the Champions league, he would. He doesn't think it's important enough. 

Did I do it right? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived