talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Roy Keane "Maybe Man Utd Is Too Big For Mourinho"

Mourinho used his post-match press conference to again complain about his side's crammed fixture list, and Keane raged that he was ‘sick to the death’ of the manager’s moans.

The Portuguese said United's run of games, which will see them play on Monday, Thursday and Sunday this week, proves the club have ‘lots of enemies’.

But Keane was enraged by the boss’ claims, with the ITV pundit saying: "I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. Why do we have to listen to that garbage?

"It's just utter nonsense what he's talking about. He's manager of Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs on the planet. The squad he's got, the players, and he keeps moaning about fixtures and fatigue.

"We were just looking at some of the cup draws they've had. They've had an easy ride in the cups, some good draws, a lot of home draws. The guy's talking absolute nonsense. I've never heard so much rubbish in my life.

Keane believes Mourinho’s seemingly constant moans about the club’s ‘enemies’ shows he can’t handle to pressure in the Old Trafford hotseat.

"Maybe the club's too big for him,” added the former United star.

“He can't deal with all these demands at the match, what matches? Man United reserves could have won that game tonight. I'm sick to death of him."

Defender Marcos Rojo also appeared to be running on empty and was seen eating a banana passed to him by Ashley Young in the second half in a bid to increase his energy levels.

But Keane believes that was all for show.

"He's talking about the player collapsing," Keane added. "That was easier than a training session - 11 v 11 on the training pitch, that was easier than that.

"And he's talking about players collapsing. What rubbish. I've seen players maybe get Jaffa Cakes passed onto the pitch, so I wasn't surprised a player was looking for some sort of food but I think they made a bigger drama than what it was.

"He's got other staff. One of the fitness coaches could have come on with that, the medical staff. He's passing it on to Ashley Young, he's passing it on. I think that was all staged, without a shadow of a doubt."

https://talksport.com/football/maybe-club-too-big-him-roy-keane-claims-moaning-jose-mourinho-cant-handle-pressure#QxjujrUiS2wVEprt.99

xD He never pulls his punches Keane, Salford Keane :ph34r:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

You can call him what you want but nine times out of ten he speaks the truth, I'd rather have someone like Roy Keane giving me football insight than drips like Michael Owen.

Off topic but his second autobiography is a brilliant read too.

I stopped listening to Keane while back to be honest. Bitter about his departure, he's had nothing positive to say about United since. He's also a complete failure at managerial level, spouting on about a coach that's succeeded at every club he's been to so far. He can bore off.

football forum
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

I stopped listening to Keane while back to be honest. Bitter about his departure, he's had nothing positive to say about United since. He's also a complete failure at managerial level, spouting on about a coach that's succeeded at every club he's been to so far. He can bore off.

Well yeah there is that side to it...

He's absolutely bang on whether he was a failure as a manger or not!

Mourinho, for once in his fucking life, needs to just stop moaning on about anything and everything. 

If anyone should bore off it's that whining little slag. 

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's absolutely bang on whether he was a failure as a manger or not!

Mourinho, for once in his fucking life, needs to just stop moaning on about anything and everything. 

If anyone should bore off it's that whining little slag. 

The point being Keane was a whinging fuck as a manager, so he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Mourinho's a bit of an embarrassment but Keanes glass house is pretty much down to the frame.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The point being Keane was a whinging fuck as a manager, so he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Mourinho's a bit of an embarrassment but Keanes glass house is pretty much down to the frame.

Oh I agree, Keane was often seen on MOTD crying about something. 

All im saying is he's right what he's saying. Mourinho's constant moaning has now become past tiresome and as you say, quite frankly embarrassing for a club Uniteds size. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh I agree, Keane was often seen on MOTD crying about something. 

All im saying is he's right what he's saying. Mourinho's constant moaning has now become past tiresome and as you say, quite frankly embarrassing for a club Uniteds size. 

I've no doubt he's right. Just amusing coming from a bloke that would be saying exactly the same shite.

• Administrator

I do find Keane somewhat refreshing considering most of the time we have to listen to dullards across various platforms (Murphy, Owen, Hargreaves).

Keane simply just says how he feels and is very outspoken, opinionated. Can't fault him for that. 

17 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

I do find Keane somewhat refreshing considering most of the time we have to listen to dullards across various platforms (Murphy, Owen, Hargreaves).

Keane simply just says how he feels and is very outspoken, opinionated. Can't fault him for that. 

But you can though. He used to cry when a reporter or pundit gave him shit. Then expects praise for doing it himself. Dislike him immensely in his later years.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Ridiculous comment from Keane...  Man Utd are massive, but not bigger than Real Madrid and Inter are also massive as an institution.  Roy Keane's mouth is sometimes ruled by the soles of his feet.

I don't think he meant it literally xD 

His point was ..."shut the fuck up and get on with it". 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I actually reckon he did mean it literally at the moment of saying it.  Roy Keane is visceral and that overrides his thought capabilities...  The thing I've always wanted to know is if he ends up reflecting either on an action (that one back in his football days) or on a comment.

What I was getting at is that it's very difficult to decipher what Roy Keane actually means and for me it's all lost in translation with him mate.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pity he didn't do this for Manchester United or Ireland in the later years. Do as I say, not as I do. YouTube is full of his tantrums. 

Mourinho has made himself and United abit of a victim for no real reason, they've a massive squad, paid big money for big players, they can have no complaints. But he knows how to play the game and has always tried to build a victim mentality to motivate his squad.

I like Keane but Mourinho is doing it on purpose to try and generate a 'World vs Man United' mentality.

Not a fan of Jose personally, find him a bit boring now, was funny on occasions. I also think he was out of order on Sunday when he ran down the tunnel without shaking hands with the Middlesbrough manager, but that's what he does.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2017 at 11:48 AM, Cannabis said:

You can call him what you want but nine times out of ten he speaks the truth, I'd rather have someone like Roy Keane giving me football insight than drips like Michael Owen.

Off topic but his second autobiography is a brilliant read too.

100% this.

I'd also rather have Keano being honest about United (which he always is) than have one of the sycophant Fergie disciples kiss the club's arse for fear of damaging their chances of free match tickets and appearing on shite MUTV documentaries.

Roy Keane is always 100% honest and doesn't give a fuck who he upsets. A man after my own heart

Archived