talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 6-7th April, 2018

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bees 1 - 0 Ipswich. A good win for us and we're starting to put a run of form together now, I didn't think I'd say it this season but Neal Maupay is on fire.

We're still massive outsiders but we're only 5 points off the play offs so you never know, don't quite believe just yet as I think we've left too much of a mountain to climb.

17 hours ago, Marc said:

I think it’s because Nuno ran off to celebrate with his players at the final whistle and didn’t shake his hand. I assume he just forgot and then tried to afterwards. Cardiff had just missed 2 pens in injury team which effectively sealed the league title. Shaking cunty chops hand probably wasn’t his first though. Colin is a horrible bitter man.

That's it? I mean seriously Warnock. He strikes me as someone old fashioned who wants to go back to the good old days when Britain had an empire, women were chained to the kitchen and black people had no rights.

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Bees 1 - 0 Ipswich. A good win for us and we're starting to put a run of form together now, I didn't think I'd say it this season but Neal Maupay is on fire.

We're still massive outsiders but we're only 5 points off the play offs so you never know, don't quite believe just yet as I think we've left too much of a mountain to climb.

If you go in in form you have a great chance though. 

54 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you go in in form you have a great chance though. 

Yeah we do and we've had the better of Fulham the last few years (and already this season) and the better of Villa too so I'd fancy us if we made it but it's a hard task with 5/6 games left.

Horrible last 5 minutes in our game yesterday with Mulgrew nearly putting through his own net in a goalmouth scramble but we held on to what was a season defining win in my opinion. With Shrewsbury playing (and to losing to a league two side) in the cup final today we are now 4 points clear, same games played and a much  superior goal difference. We now just need to hold our nerve for the remaining games and see out what has been a fantastic season. We weren't at our best yesterday and Southend are a well organised, hard working side at this level but we kept the clean sheet and nicked a goal even with Dack going off as a precaution with 15 mins gone. Gillingham away up next on Tuesday!

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

Horrible last 5 minutes in our game yesterday with Mulgrew nearly putting through his own net in a goalmouth scramble but we held on to what was a season defining win in my opinion. With Shrewsbury playing (and to losing to a league two side) in the cup final today we are now 4 points clear, same games played and a much  superior goal difference. We now just need to hold our nerve for the remaining games and see out what has been a fantastic season. We weren't at our best yesterday and Southend are a well organised, hard working side at this level but we kept the clean sheet and nicked a goal even with Dack going off as a precaution with 15 mins gone. Gillingham away up next on Tuesday!

good that you're getting out of that division at the first time of asking. We've seen what can happen to clubs like Leeds, Forest, Sheff Utd who took a while to get out and also clubs like Portsmouth who are still there after being relegated in to it.

Now, if you hold on and do get promoted, it's just gonna take you 4 seasons to get back in to the Premier League and then a further 2 seasons to win the thing (again, in your case) :ph34r:  

Enjoyed putting the nail in Villa’s slim automatic hopes. Sadly the highlight of our season apart from the Ipswich games.

Unbelievable goal from Murphy. Very good performance too, so frustrating he can’t do that on a more regular basis. Villa were wank. It was like a cup final for them, beat us then it sets the Cardiff game up as another cup final. No urgency, no tempo, they just played like it was a mid table dead rubber.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived