talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 5th April - Arsenal 4-1 CSKA Moscow (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignashevich (38) & the Berezutski twins (35) are still starters for CSKA? Guess they won't be playing a high line...

Main worry is Musa's pace on the counter and set pieces. Should really win this by at least 2 goals.

• Administrator

Musa seems to have settled being back at CSKA but I'd still say you have little to worry about. 

Golovin and Dzagoev probably the players to watch more so.

*watch Musa score now. 

• Administrator

Very close offside call on Ozil. Looked level to me. Set up Ramsey who finished it but disallowed due to offside.

At hte other end Musa was onside but incorrectly called offside as he was through on goal.

• Administrator

1-0 Arsenal! Ramsey's goal counts this time! Bellerin arrows a cross directly in to Ramsey's path and he finishes in to the roof of the net. Too easy for Arsenal

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wonder if ArsenalFanTV will be calling for Wenger's resignation tonight? Melts.

could have sworn I saw some Arsenal fans (not on here) asking for Ramsey to be sold as well. he's been their best player recently.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

could have sworn I saw some Arsenal fans (not on here) asking for Ramsey to be sold as well. he's been their best player recently.

Probably the same ones that still think Wilshere is class. Not in the same league as Ozil and Ramsey.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ozil would be getting absolutely rimmed every week if he played for City, Tottenham or Liverpool. Quality 90% of the time I've seen him for the past 18 months.

Hit and miss. Unreliable.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hit and miss. Unreliable.

Not to the extent that people make out in the race to pile on the negative rhetoric surrounding Arsenal. Think he's a victim of the players around him at times as well. The main criticism I accept is that he doesn't do much in big games because he's not going to turn a game for you if you're on the back foot. In terms of his talent on the ball and passing ability I think he's underappreciated though.

Tonight CSKA just had a little spell and a disallowed goal. Arsenal need to be careful and not give up the momentum ahead of the long haul second leg trip, having a better spell now though.

Credit to Arsenal for beating what's in front of them comprehensively but how bad were Lyon to lose to this lot?

Shocking from CSKA. If Arsenal were more clinical they would be on 6 or 7 now.

• The title was changed to Thursday 5th April - Arsenal 4-1 CSKA Moscow (QF 1st Leg)

Not had much time these past few days but just to say that I'm ecstatic about this result and the fact we keep on advancing. We're not the best side remaining in the tournament by a long stretch, but that doesn't mean it can't be done if confidence is there... Let's hope and keep our fingers crossed because I'd love to win this one!  It's been a long long time since I celebrated Arsenal winning something in Europe and they're great memories.

Aaron Ramsey doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves, totally underrated and easily one of the best in the league if not world. He has everything and his second goal was just a thing of beauty. I really hope Arsenal get his contract sorted, it would be a disaster to lose him especially with the current state of our midfield.

Only caught the last 20 minutes because of work, but this is a great result after being pegged back at 1-1 and conceding the away goal. Hopefully we can just breeze by in Russia now without too much to worry about.

5 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Aaron Ramsey doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves, totally underrated and easily one of the best in the league if not world. He has everything and his second goal was just a thing of beauty. I really hope Arsenal get his contract sorted, it would be a disaster to lose him especially with the current state of our midfield.

Only caught the last 20 minutes because of work, but this is a great result after being pegged back at 1-1 and conceding the away goal. Hopefully we can just breeze by in Russia now without too much to worry about.

You lot would be mad to sell him to us. I'd take him ahead of Drinkwater in a heart beat. 

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You lot would be mad to sell him to us. I'd take him ahead of Drinkwater in a heart beat. 

Mate he would start week in week out for you, no question. It will be interesting to see who will come in for him if contract talks stall. Any top club should be sniffing around, the only downside to him is he does always pick up a few injuries a season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived