talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ex-Crawley boss Dermot Drummy committed suicide after losing job

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope that Drummy’s untimely death leaves a bit of a legacy behind. You quite often see fans on the backs of managers and players and it can get quite aggressive and quite hostile, sometimes very quickly, and I hope people maybe take a step back and realise that managers and players are humans, they’ll make mistakes, like we all do and that they can suffer from the same problems us ‘normal’ people go through. 

I’m not blaming Crawley’s fans for this, I should make that clear, it could have happened at any club. 

On 05/04/2018 at 18:44, Smiley Culture said:

I do hope that Drummy’s untimely death leaves a bit of a legacy behind. You quite often see fans on the backs of managers and players and it can get quite aggressive and quite hostile, sometimes very quickly, and I hope people maybe take a step back and realise that managers and players are humans, they’ll make mistakes, like we all do and that they can suffer from the same problems us ‘normal’ people go through. 

I’m not blaming Crawley’s fans for this, I should make that clear, it could have happened at any club. 

Unfortunately I don't think it will make much difference. Personally I've always had that there only human attitude but it does seem rare. 

Archived