talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 8th April - Arsenal 3-2 Southampton

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.15

Coverage - sky.PNG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeaW1ZBOKun6aGTseStUF     VS     Image result for southampton logo

Last 5
Arsenal 4-1 CSKA Moscow
Arsenal 3-0 Stoke
Arsenal 3-1 AC Milan
Arsenal 3-0 Watford
AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal

West Ham 3-0 Southampton
Wigan 0-2 Southampton
Newcastle 3-0 Southampton 
Southampton 0-0 Stoke
Burnley 1-1 Southampton

Match Info
Arsenal have found their scoring touch and are in fine form, winning their last 5.
Arsenal's last 2 games in the league have been 3-0 victories at home.
Southampton have failed to score in 3 Premier League games. 
The reverse fixture finished 1-1 in December.
Southampton won this fixture last season 2-0.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/04/2018 at 12:42, Stan said:

Kick-off 14.15

Coverage - sky.PNG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeaW1ZBOKun6aGTseStUF     VS     Image result for southampton logo

Last 5
Arsenal 4-1 CSKA Moscow
Arsenal 3-0 Stoke
Arsenal 3-1 AC Milan
Arsenal 3-0 Watford
AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal

West Ham 3-0 Southampton
Wigan 0-2 Southampton
Newcastle 3-0 Southampton 
Southampton 0-0 Stoke
Burnley 1-1 Southampton

Match Info
Arsenal have found their scoring touch and are in fine form, winning their last 5.
Arsenal's last 2 games in the league have been 3-0 victories at home.
Southampton have failed to score in 3 Premier League games. 
The reverse fixture finished 1-1 in December.
Southampton won this fixture last season 2-0.

I'm pretty sure they didn't win this fixture last year us in the league. They beat us in the leaugue cup.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm pretty sure they didn't win this fixture last year us in the league. They beat us in the leaugue cup.

maybe so. I was looking at flashscore head to head on my phone and unless I click on the fixture it just says the result :) 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

maybe so. I was looking at flashscore head to head on my phone and unless I click on the fixture it just says the result :) 

Ha ha fair enough. I just Googled it and that result does come up first. We actually won 2.1 with a 94th minute winner from cazorla. Remember watching the results in the pub now.

I think we should win this one. Not sure how we have managed to get 3 home games in a row

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ha ha fair enough. I just Googled it and that result does come up first. We actually won 2.1 with a 94th minute winner from cazorla. Remember watching the results in the pub now.

I think we should win this one. Not sure how we have managed to get 3 home games in a row

I'm guessing you were due an away game when FA Cup ties were played before the internationals but the team you were gonna play were still in it :D

• Administrator

1-0 Southampton!

Mix-up between Mustafi and Cech. Although it looks the former's fault. Should be going to the ball and knocking that in to Row Z out of danger. Cech can't come and claim that. 

Just now, Stan said:

1-0 Southampton!

Mix-up between Mustafi and Cech. Although it looks the former's fault. Should be going to the ball and knocking that in to Row Z out of danger. Cech can't come and claim that. 

Mustafi fully at fault there. Wasn't concentrating at all when the cross came in.

• Administrator

in the blink of an eye, Aubameyang levels for Arsenal.

Great passing from Nelson and Welbeck, who flicks it in to Aubameyang's path to poke in past McCarthy. 

• Administrator

Haha! just as the commentator says Charlie Austin has scored every time he's played Arsenal, the striker delivers the goods tapping in from close range. 2-2!

• Administrator

Stephens sent off. Wilshere booked.

Looked like Wilshere was ripping Stephens' shirt and the Saints player has reacted badly to it. 

If I was standing on the street and somebody was trying to pull me down to the ground by yanking my shirt I'd say that's as violent as being shoved. 

What Wilshere was doing should be at least as much of a red as what Stephens did.

Both the reds were a ridiculous case of how the "violent conduct" rule is interpreted. Any sort of reaction, however mild, is seen as "violent". It's a stupid way of interpreting it but it's not a new way of interpreting it so can't say it's a surprise with either situation. Hopefully they change it in the future but it's unlikely.

As for the game, good for Welbeck to get a couple of goals and nice to see Aubameyang continue his scoring form. 6 league goals in 7 league games.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Both the reds were a ridiculous case of how the "violent conduct" rule is interpreted. Any sort of reaction is however mild is seen as "violent". It's a stupid way of interpreting it but it's not a new way of interpreting it so can't say it's a surprise with either situation. Hopefully they change it in the future but it's unlikely.

As for the game, good for Welbeck to get a couple of goals and nice to see Aubameyang continue his scoring form. 6 league goals in 7 league games.

Agreed. Thought a yellow would have been sufficient in both cases.

• The title was changed to Sunday 8th April - Arsenal 3-2 Southampton
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived