talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 8th April - Chelsea 1-1 West Ham

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Overall better performance, they are lucky to get the point. Of course only goals counts, but to say they deserved it by their performance is laughable.

You were so poor though - wasteful in the final third, lacking in quality.

West Ham defended well, took their chance, and caused you some problems in the second half. 

You didn't do enough to win - and whilst West Ham rode their luck at times, with Hart playing well - I think draw is fair and deserved as you couldn't break them down from open play

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Chicharito :ay:

Never thought I would type this----> moyes outcoached conte. 

Being fortunate that the opposition can't put away the millions of chances that fell their way, isn't outcoaching. Just ask Mourinho. 

The sheer fact that Conte refuses to change the same starting XI that has been so utterly disappointing in 2018, gives me zero sympathy. 

He doesn't care. 

If the best we can get is 1 point in 2 attempts against a struggling West Ham side then it just shows you the level we are at... Not seen the game and I know the stats are littered in our favour but that means fuck all if you can't outscore a side that has won only 8 games and conceded next to 60 goals so far this season... 

West Ham have just been added to our other rather long list of dire performance this season and there is no way anyone is going to tell me that our failure in the transfer market is why we are losing against the likes of them... 

• Administrator

Moyes has got some decent results with West Ham to his credit.

They were 17th with only 9 points from 11 games when he took over.

Now after 32 games, they're 14th and he's got them to 34 points and look set for safety with lots of controversey around the club to have dealt with too. 

I'd say this season only 37/38 points are required for safety, if that. Which means they only need one more win which they'll no doubt achieve. If I remember correctly he got a few good results early in his tenure against Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal and now again at Chelsea today. 

• The title was changed to Sunday 8th April - Chelsea 1-1 West Ham

“For me, it’s not easy to explain. I don’t understand why after 1-0 we always drop and let the opponent get more ball possession. Definitely. Like the last weeks again, we give them a gift. I think that was the first chance they have.”

Antonio Rudiger

Appears even the defenders are fed up with his conservative style. This club desperately needs a manager with some balls. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Antonio Rudiger

Appears even the defenders are fed up with his conservative style. This club desperately needs a manager with some balls. 

I don't think it'll ever happen, well maybe if he's not at Spurs anymore, but I think Chelsea would be scary good with Pochettino.

Played attacking stuff, seems to build his team with a grand plan in mind, gets defenses looking very solid despite the attacking football.

Every year Diego Simeone is linked with Chelsea it seems like and I hope that never happens & I'm pretty sure you feel the same. His sides are always dirty as fuck and his football makes Fat Sam look ambitious. Which if Chelsea fans and players are sick of conservative stuff, wouldn't be the right fit at all.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived